2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
37 members (bwv543, Cominut, Colin Miles, Andre Fadel, BWV846, Animisha, alexcomoda, Calavera, 10 invisible), 1,218 guests, and 278 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
1000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
1000 Post Club Member
OMG, the Skaket is full!!! John, not to worry, bring your overnight bag; I'll bring a blanket and pillow for the Tahoe!! laugh

Jeanne... you are not duplicating!! In case you forget a knife, I've been carrying a cheese knife around in my pocketbook for awhile and will be more than happy to let you use it !! wink

novelinda.. thank you for the directions!! thumb

Bernard!!! I'm so happy that you will be joining us for our first Cape Cod PianoWorld sleepover!!
cool

A
A
Another Motel to try....
Old Tavern Motel & Inn
Rt 6A, Orleans
Phone 800-544-7705
baderson@msn.com
This motel is just a short ways from the Skaket towards the center of Orleans on the right.

A441
A
A
Looking forward to seeing everyone! Linda is outside right now doing her "Good Weather Dance"!
Have a safe trip everyone! It may be too late to practice your scales....but that's ok....fun time ahead!
Jeremy

A441
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
OK, guys,

I've just arrived home from the event.

Happily full from fun, friends, food, and
p(h)ianists fantastica!

Thank you to all who p(h)articipated.

Shall we start a new thread for pics and tales? Or shall we just continue here?

I'll be downloading the gazillion pics this evening as I relish every memory and will share ASAP!

LL (or Roberta II as I became known there)

"Music gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, and life to everything."
Piano World Founder - Piano Tuner - Pianist
6000 Post Club Member
6000 Post Club Member
Just arrived a little while ago myself, parked on the Mass Pike for over 45 minutes, not moving :-(

Incredible Weekend!

Gracious hosts, beautiful homes, wonderful pianos, and amazing food, music, and friends!

The Cape Cod crew has set a new standard.

4 pianos, 4 houses. Yikes! My poor chubby little fingers are tired from playing all those real pianos:-)

I vote we keep this thread going, so anyone stumbling across it gets the full story.

I'll have some pictures to put up later too.
LilyLady, please tell Dennis thank you for being the "official" photographer.

More later...

- Frank B.
Original Founder of Piano World
Owner of...
www.PianoSupplies.com
Maine Piano Man

My Keyboards:
Estonia L-190, Roland RD88, Yamaha P-80, Bilhorn Telescope Organ c 1880, Antique Pump Organ, 1850 concertina, 3 other digital pianos
-------------------------
My original piece on BandCamp: https://frankbaxtermrpianoworld.bandcamp.com/releases

Me banging out some tunes in the Estonia piano booth at the NAMM show...

It's Fun To Play the Piano ... PLEASE Pass It On!

6000 Post Club Member
6000 Post Club Member
Ed Bonacci was kind enough to give me a CD with some pictures he took while we were at his house (house #3 on the tour), Thanks Ed.

Our favorite room (hey, you get hungry when you play)...

[Linked Image]

KathyK at the M&H A (2002)
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

The Dining Room (Ed Bonacci & Roberta Lang's house)
[Linked Image]

The Music Room (With Dennis [LilyLady's Friend], LilyLady, Bernard, A441/Jeremy Gloo, and (ok, help me out with the names here)
[Linked Image]

Doggie (I've forgotten the dogs names, but they were wonderful)
[Linked Image]

You gotta love that face...

[Linked Image]

Ok Ed, where's the pictures of the greenhouse?
I hope somebody got pictures of it, it was amazing.
And... tell me somebody took pictures of the deck and the view?

There were plenty of cameras (even though I forgot mine, it was sitting next to my list of things to bring, forgot the list too).

I'm sure there will be lots more pictures of this beautiful home, and the other 3 beautiful homes, pianos, and spreads.

Ok, next pictures??

- Frank B.
Owner of...
www.PianoSupplies.com
Maine Piano Man

My Keyboards:
Estonia L-190, Roland RD88, Yamaha P-80, Bilhorn Telescope Organ c 1880, Antique Pump Organ, 1850 concertina, 3 other digital pianos
My original piece on BandCamp: https://frankbaxtermrpianoworld.bandcamp.com/releases

2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
Got home about 2 hours ago after a detour to take Bernard and Kathy to Ptown.

What a great weekend....

Lilylady, I vote for a NEW thread and posted in the Piano Forum. I think sometimes the newcomers miss out on what fun we have here! smile

BeeLady

Life is like a roll of toilet paper...the closer you get to the end, the faster it goes!
J
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
J
What a great time! I'm still buzzing! laugh I got back to TerryTune's house around 4:00, and stopped in to play her Ivers & Pond. I couldn't get enough piano in me. laugh

I really want to thank our gracious hosts and hostess' for making this the best time I've had in a very long time! I can't remember when the last time I had this much fun. smile

John

Current works in progress:

Beethoven Sonata Op. 10 No. 2 in F, Haydn Sonata Hoboken XVI:41, Bach French Suite No. 5 in G BWV 816

Current instruments: Schimmel-Vogel 177T grand, Roland LX-17 digital, and John Lyon unfretted Saxon clavichord.
1000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
1000 Post Club Member
I managed to take 75 or so photos of this phenomenal weekend event!

But first, I'd like to especially thank the host familes for so graciously opening their homes and allowing this event to be the very special event that it was.

So, Special Thanks to;

Keith & Marilyn Harrison - 1928 M&H A
[Linked Image]

John and Helga Williams - 1933 M&H B
[Linked Image]

Roberta Bonacci 2002 M&H A
[Linked Image]

The Gloo Family Steinway O 1906
Jerry, Linda, Eric (sitting) and Paul
[Linked Image]

PW Group Photo
[Linked Image]

4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
Some pics from the Gloo's Steinway Birthday Party! Sunday Brunch.

Cake was chocolate and white for the piano theme!
[Linked Image]

Jeremy plays and we sang Happy Birthday to the Steinway O turning 100. Are we piano nuts or what? ;-)
[Linked Image]

Learning the history and the original receipt

[Linked Image]

Roberta studies the restoration pics - it was found painted white. Even the keys!
[Linked Image]

kk plays piano, lloyd plays 'axtremus' (looking at the piano's underside!
[Linked Image]

John Citron explains his music note pad to Ed
[Linked Image]

Terrytunes, Jeremy, Bernard, Beelady
[Linked Image]

Linda Gloo prepares Sunday Brunch which was yummy!
[Linked Image]

"Music gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, and life to everything."
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
Sat we had a progressive dinner while we tried out the Mason and Hamlins at each. Here is the Harrison house and older A. It sounded beautiful! A delight to play.

Terrytunes hanging balloons and PW sign for our walk in the woods from one house to another.
[Linked Image]

Arriving. The piano is to the right of the door.
[Linked Image]

kk plays while Steve and Terry Tunes and John Citron look on.
[Linked Image]

Jeanne plays her own compositions
[Linked Image]

Jeanne's notations
[Linked Image]

6000 Post Club Member
6000 Post Club Member
This was quite seriously the best piano party ever. It was really and truly sensory overload - visual(beautiful Cape Cod homes and vistas), olfactory (4 mouth watering spreads of food) and of course aural with non-stop beautiful piano music. And the comradery is has no parallel - it really doesn't - old PW friends who become dearer with each meeting and the steady streaming in of new ones.

I got in quite late last night and have work beckoning (unfair!), so it will be awhile before I get to see what pics I have in my camera to add here.

Terry, Ms. coordinator extraordinaire, you are so good! And I very pleased that you had the foresight to get those wonderful shots of each of our hosts by their pianos - what lovely, lovely people, all. I'm hoping some of them will be enticed to join PW.

And of course we have Jeremy and Linda Gloo to heartily thank for conceiving the whole thing and talking their friends into opening their homes and pianos to us. They all say they're up for doing it again. So whether you're from the east coast or not, take my word, the trek would be well worth your while.

More later.

thumb

2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
Well, this morning I am still floating on air after a sensational weekend with friends, old and new, beautiful views, delicious and abundant food, wonderful music.

Thanks to our hosts, The Lang-Bonacci's, The Harrison's, The Williams for opening their homes to us.

A big thank you to Jerry and Linda Gloo who are responsible for this extraordinary gathering and the care and feeding of all those beautiful pianos.

Terry went above and beyond to organize and coordinate this event. She has been responsible for many of our gatherings here in New England and has provided us with unique venues.

We are all so blessed. I can't wait for the next gathering!
smile

BeeLady

Life is like a roll of toilet paper...the closer you get to the end, the faster it goes!
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
Got some more pics uploaded!

We met at Roberta and Ed's to park. A walk through the woods brought us to the Harrison house (Marilyn and Keith) where we had Hors d'oeuvres and homemade squash soup and enjoyed our first Mason Hamlin A. See Above.

Another short stroll through the woods brought us to the Williams' home for more goodies and the BB.

Piano teacher of Marilyn and Roberta arrives while Roberta plays with the most elegant tall poodles. Older sister poodle actually strutted.
[Linked Image]

PW founder, Frank and Bernard
[Linked Image]

Bernard plays so beautifully, with soul.
[Linked Image]

He listens closely as well.
[Linked Image]

Jeremy hams it up with a Victor Borge imitation
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Terrytunes plays! Yeah Terry!!! And she has an infectious smile
[Linked Image]

Couldn't keep my fingers off these pianos either! Thought I would have a heart attack before finishing.
[Linked Image]

Whoops, where's Franks rock n roll pic? Seems I need to start another post. 8 pic limit.

4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
Aha...here he is. He doesn't sound bad for an old rock and roller.
:-)
Actually Frank is amazing! Can those fingers ever move.

[Linked Image]

4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
Hard to leave Helga and John's beautiful home and piano as well...but back into the woods we went to arrive at Roberta and Ed's place for dinner and more playing! Roberta has a newer MH A with those to die for rosewood black keys that I drool over!

Cape Cod's can be very deceiving. Typical basic beginning with picket fence gets add ons, and ons, and here, even a state of the art two story greenhouse for Ed's orchids!

[Linked Image]

Roberta's music room is left of the front door with Ed's greenhouse in the back
[Linked Image]

Cape Cod Friend, Jim entertained us. Jim was a professional acoustic bass player as well.
[Linked Image]

Ed showing a Gloo son and friend, the greenhouse full of orchids.
[Linked Image]

Above the 2 story greenhouse was a peak/copula and these amazing staghorn ferns.
[Linked Image]

KathyK blew our minds with her Rachmaninoff (help me out here Kathy) rendition. Standing ovation!
[Linked Image]

K
7000 Post Club Member
7000 Post Club Member
K
Wow Wow Wow.

What beautiful pianos people and homes.
Wish I could have joined you all.!!!

6000 Post Club Member
6000 Post Club Member
And here's the tail end of the Moonlight
like you've never heard it before.

6000 Post Club Member
6000 Post Club Member
Originally posted by kathyk:
And here's the tail end of the Moonlight
like you've never heard it before.
It says the movie is private, so we can't access it.

- Frank B.
Owner of...
www.PianoSupplies.com
Maine Piano Man

My Keyboards:

3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
Wow! What a whoppin' wonderful weekend! What parties! I hardly know where to begin.

First of all, many thanks to BeeLady for putting me up Friday night and for her patience when I didn't arrive on the train I said I would because the NYC->Boston bus crawled through Connecticut for reasons I couldn't figure out, and I couldn't phone her because I don't use a cell phone (I think I'll go and get one of those pre-paid programs now). Thanks for the drive to Provincetown too--what a special place. It is definitely at the top of my list now. Can't get the image of the 74 (or was it 64?) year old chanteuse out of my mind. wink

Thanks to Axtremus for picking me up at the train station when I did finally arrive. It was really nice to see you again Ax, ditto the twins and your lovely wife.

Thank you Keith and Marilyn Harrison, John and Helga Williams, Roberta Bonacci and Ed Bonacci, and Jeremy and Linda Gloo for opening your beautiful homes and so graciously hosting these parties. I still think I must have been dreaming it all. My heartfelt thanks to all of you for the warm and inviting welcome.

The food was superb; sooo delicious. Kudos to all the chefs extraordinaire: 5 stars all around!! (Kerri, we've got to get your idea of a PW cookbook rolling. I want some of those recipes! smile ) Lilylady, as I said, the salsa you made is the best I've ever had. Marilyn's squash soup! Terrytune's spinach lasagna and blueberry muffins! Linda's crab quiche! Gastronomic heaven. (Pardon me a moment--I need to go raid the fridge. smile ).

Thank you Ed Bonacci for opening your greenhouse to us. I am speechless.

I missed playing the piano at the Harrison's but the others I played were all very fine instruments indeed. Jeremy Gloo's Steinway is a special instrument and I'm thrilled to have heard it and played it on it's 100th Birthday. To my ears the tone is as perfect a piano tone as one could wish for. Totally gorgeous. Jeremy, I dare say your piano ranks 1 or 2 as the best sounding piano I've ever heard, and at the moment I'm inclined to say #1.

A round of applause to all the pianists who played this weekend. Awesome--and I mean everyone. Jeanne, you should publish your music. Period.

I can't believe I spent the weekend on Cape Cod attending 4 piano parties! Wake me up, I must be dreaming.

P.S. Thanks to everyone who took pictures too! (Thanks for reminding me of Jeremy's Horowitz impersonation, Lilylady. laugh Hilarious! What fun.)

"Hunger for growth will come to you in the form of a problem." -- unknown
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Piano World 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Pianodisc PDS-128+ calibration
by Dalem01 - 04/15/24 04:50 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,384
Posts3,349,173
Members111,631
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission