2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
70 members (Carey, Bellyman, AlkansBookcase, accordeur, akse0435, Barry_Braksick, BadSanta, danbot3, 13 invisible), 1,830 guests, and 303 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
1000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
1000 Post Club Member
****Frederick Tour; Saturday; May10th will begin at 1PM****

UPDATES:

Frederick Study Center Tour

Terrytunes
Lilylady +1
guntherp
jwgish
I.Bruton +1

Following the M&H Tour (Monday)/Gathering at Larry Buck\'s Piano Shop

Larry has advised that Darrell\'s Music Hall will be delivering 2 Schimmel grands for our musical & playing enjoyment. Available will be;

K230T

AND

189NWS

Duet's anyone??? 2hearts

In conjunction with the M&H factory tour, I’d like to inform both visiting and local members of additional piano events that will be available throughout the weekend leading up to the M&H tour on Monday, May 12th. The M&H tour has become an annual event and provides an opportunity for us to gather and celebrate our piano obsession with others, especially those whom we normally wouldn’t have in attendance at our local gatherings.

These events are geared towards those who have a strong passion for the piano but even those who do not play will hopefully feel they have benefited by experiencing any of the suggested events.

If you are interested in viewing and learning about a unique collection of pianos, our good friends, Pat and Mike Frederick of the Frederick Historical Collection are available to offer a private PW tour of their historical piano collection at the study center on Saturday, May 10th in Ashburnham. Their collection dates from a Viennese Style Piano, c. 1795 to the 1907 Blüthner Grand. The Frederick’s 3-hour tour of their 22 grand pianos, as described in their brochure; “introduces basic elements of piano-building, with musical examples played on each of a succession of instruments whose design priorities reflect musical tastes during many composers' lifetimes”

Once again in Ashburnham on Sunday, May 11th, the Frederick’s will host their first concert of the spring season at 4pm. The concerts take place at a nearby church where the acoustics are phenomenal. A piano is selected by the guest artist according to the composer he/she will be performing and moved over to the church. Admission for the concert is $10. Please trust me when I tell you it will probably be your best $10 deal of the year!

The scheduled tour of the M&H factory will take place on Monday @ 9am, May 12th in Haverhill.

Following the M&H tour, everyone will be welcomed to attend a gathering at Larry Buck's Piano Shop in Lowell. Larry has hosted numerous piano gatherings at his shop which serves as a dual enjoyment for both techs and pianists. Check out some of our Lowell piano gathering pics to view the good times we’ve enjoyed.

In the event we are able to convince a longtime PW member and now highly praised author to join us before her popularity further explodes, there could be added sparkle to our gathering at Larry‘s shop.

I’m open for suggestions and other ideas that visitors and local members would also like to have included in this totally piano related weekend. If you are signed up for the M&H tour or are local to the area and interested in attending any suggested events, please post your response.

I look forward to the opportunity of meeting members who will be traveling a distance for the M&H tour, connecting with new local members and the enjoyment of reuniting with our well-seasoned local group.

FB Edited to Add link: TerryTunes offers custom Name Tags for PWPF Events...
http://www.pianoworld.com/ubb/ubb/ultimatebb.php?/topic/22/162.html

I've sent an email to the webmaster. I just fell over this post while searching for info on the M&H Model 50, which I've become somewhat obsessed with lately . . . .

Hoping there's room for some of us alternates!

2002 Y.C. Pramberger JP-175
Keep your eyes, ears and mind open!
Piano World Founder - Piano Tuner - Pianist
6000 Post Club Member
6000 Post Club Member
Come on folks, this is a great way to spend a weekend, and a Monday night :-)

The Frederick's collection is amazing.
For those of you who play classical, or just like to listen to classical music, these period pianos provide a chance to hear what the music would have sounded like to composers/musicians of their day.

And I can tell you from experience, the parties at Larry Buck's place are always a good time!

This is a chance to meet some friends from the forums, hear some good music, and enjoy some food and drink.

- Frank B.
Original Founder of Piano World
Owner of...
www.PianoSupplies.com
Maine Piano Man

My Keyboards:
Estonia L-190, Roland RD88, Yamaha P-80, Bilhorn Telescope Organ c 1880, Antique Pump Organ, 1850 concertina, 3 other digital pianos
-------------------------
My original piece on BandCamp: https://frankbaxtermrpianoworld.bandcamp.com/releases

Me banging out some tunes in the Estonia piano booth at the NAMM show...

It's Fun To Play the Piano ... PLEASE Pass It On!

3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
Terry, I'm interested in the Frederick's tour and concert. I've already done the M&H tour, but I think I'd be up for the party afterwards. ... I'll keep in touch.

"Hunger for growth will come to you in the form of a problem." -- unknown
1000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
1000 Post Club Member
Originally posted by Bernard:
Terry, I'm interested in the Frederick's tour and concert. I've already done the M&H tour, but I think I'd be up for the party afterwards. ... I'll keep in touch.
I am absolutely delighted to know you are interested in joining us!! wink

B
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
B
Terrytunes,

I'm gonna "do it all". My current plans are to arrive either Friday night or early Saturday so sign me up for the Frederick piano tour, the concert, the factory tour, the gathering at Larry Buck's the fish fry and whatever else ya got!

Since I'll be on a motorcycle, I hope the weather's good!

Greg
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
If anyone coming into the area is looking for nice lodging, We have a negotiated rate at the Comfort Suites in Andover. This is a very nice, off the main road place to stay. All of the guests the Boston Chapter of the PTG stay here. For those not familiar with the area, that is about half way between Mason & Hamlin and my shop where the gathering will be,

If anyone wants more info, email me or PM me.

Larry

"It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt."
Mark Twain

E. J. Buck & Sons
Lowell MA 01852
978 458 8688
www.ejbuckpiano.com
http://www.facebook.com/EJBuckPerformances
1000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
1000 Post Club Member
Greg, good to know your planning to indulge yourself into the whole combo of events!

Between myself and local members, we'll make sure you arrive to the local events with a dry shirt on your back! wink

500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Just saw this Terry. That is dance recital weekend for us, so until I know our schedule I can't commit to any events, but I would love to see the Frederick collection. I'll let you know.

If I had ever learnt, I should have been a great proficient.
[Linked Image]
G
G
Hi Terry,

I'm doing the M&H Tour and I am definitely interested in the Frederick's Tour & concert, as well as the Monday evening party. Do you know what time the tour would be on Saturday? I need to see if I'd be able to drive up on Sat. morning versus Fri. night.

Thanks,
Pat

1000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
1000 Post Club Member
rustyfingers... looking forward to possibly meeting up with you and perhaps meeting up once again with the "little" fingers!!

guntherp.. Welcome to PW!! I've sent a msg to our hosts Pat and Michael Frederick and after she replies, I'll post what time they will be available for the May 10th tour. Thank you for posting your interest in viewing the Frederick historical piano collection!

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Terry-

I'm on the M&H list, so, of course, put us down for the party at Larry's place after. Mike can't make the tour this year, but he says he will make the party!

-Mak

1889 Mason & Hamlin screwstringer upright
Kawai MP-4 digital

---------------------------
When life hands you lemons, throw them back and add some of your own. Stupid life.
1000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
1000 Post Club Member
MAK... thanks, good to know you'll both be joining the group for the "festivities" part of the wknd!! wink

1000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
1000 Post Club Member
I've posted a starting tour time of 1pm (on the first post of this thread) for the Frederick Historical Collection tour.

Hope this works out for anyone desiring to be in attendance.

Terry,

I will be keeping Alanna home from Pre-K that day and we'll be at the tour and at Larry's afterwards. I'd love for us to go to Ashburnham as well, but I think my wife would kill me if I made it an all-piano weekend ;-)

Kawai MP5 / Ivory Italian Grand
C.C. Harvey 52" Upright Grand
Yamaha M202 Console
6000 Post Club Member
6000 Post Club Member
Terry,

I want to do the concert on Sunday, and of course I'll be at the M&H tour Monday and party at Larry's Monday night.

I have someone coming up from FL for the events.

We probably won't make the tour on Sat.

Do you think we might be able to just sneak a peak at the collection on Sunday before or after the concert? (after all, she is traveling 1200 miles for this:-)

- Frank B.
Original Founder of Piano World
Owner of...
www.PianoSupplies.com
Maine Piano Man

My Keyboards:
Estonia L-190, Roland RD88, Yamaha P-80, Bilhorn Telescope Organ c 1880, Antique Pump Organ, 1850 concertina, 3 other digital pianos
-------------------------
My original piece on BandCamp: https://frankbaxtermrpianoworld.bandcamp.com/releases

Me banging out some tunes in the Estonia piano booth at the NAMM show...

It's Fun To Play the Piano ... PLEASE Pass It On!

1000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
1000 Post Club Member
I'm positive Pat and Mike Frederick would be pleased to provide you with a chance to view the collection after the concert.

As I recall, they do spend probably another hour at the church after the recital before moving the piano back to the study center and they are always looking for volunteers to assist in moving the piano. I know John Citron has assisted with piano moves. From what I recall, Pat and Mike have stayed on at the study center for whatever length of time guets would desire to stay.

I'm getting a nice little visual effect of a PW group sitting together and enjoying one of the spring concerts. Ahhhhhh!!! It'll be a special one indeed. wink

W
W
Hi All- I'm new to this website and would love to join you on May 10-12. I seem to be getting this information fairly late- Is there anyone to reply to- or do I just show up??? I'm not that computer savvy.....
I loved the book, I'm a piano addict and I just know I'll love meeting you. Wendie

1000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
1000 Post Club Member
Originally posted by wendie:
I loved the book, I'm a piano addict and I just know I'll love meeting you.

Wendie... Welcome to PW!! It appears you have the necessary qualifications for being piano obsessed!! laugh

If you are interested in the Mason & Hamlin piano factory tour, you will need to add your name to the already over subscribed list: Mason & Hamlin factory tour 2008

Pat & Mike Frederick would appreciate a head count for the tour of their collection which is scheduled for 1pm on Saturday, May 10th. Let me know if you would like to take part in the tour and I'll get a list started.

As for the Sunday concert in Ashburnham and the gathering at Larry Buck's shop in Lowell on Monday evening, if you would like to mention whether or not you will be joining us, it's always nice to know who is planning to be in attendance for any of the events.

Myself and a host of others, will look forward to meeting you! smile

J
J
Hi - I've already sent a message to put my name on the alternates list for the M&H tour, but would also like to sign up for the Frederick's tour & concert & the party after the M&H tour. I'm in easter Mass, so this looks like a great opportunity.

I happened to stumble over "Grand Obsession" in Barnes & Noble in Framingham a couple of months ago and read it in record time. Perri's quest reminded me of a lot of the issues brought up in the book "Paradox of Choice: Why More is Less" by Barry Schwartz
I found Perri's story fascinating and was especially drawn to the trip to Germany. Made me wish I could do the same trip/tours. My father was a terrific old-school woodworker who served apprenticeships in painting, carpentry & cabinet making. He worked for years as a painter but his passion was building furniture - antique reproductions. Reading the stories of the old-world/modern craftsmen making the pianos took me back to sitting on the basement steps as a kid watching my father do his magic at the table saw, lathe, etc.

Those stories coupled for my lifelong love of the piano were an unbeatable combination. I'm just glad that my piano acquisition almost 30 years ago now only lasted a couple months and ended with a piano that I have been extremely happy with (a Yamaha C3D) for so long. I may not have Perri's ear-extraordinaire, but I'm otherwise mighty particular about things.

Anyway - I'm really looking forward to the weekend -- and especially hopeful that a spot opens up for the M&H tour.

Cheers,
Jim

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Piano World 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
New DP for a 10 year old
by peelaaa - 04/16/24 02:47 PM
Estonia 1990
by Iberia - 04/16/24 11:01 AM
Very Cheap Piano?
by Tweedpipe - 04/16/24 10:13 AM
Practical Meaning of SMP
by rneedle - 04/16/24 09:57 AM
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,390
Posts3,349,260
Members111,633
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission