Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician
SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
Ad (Piano Sing)
How to Make Your Piano Sing
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
Who's Online
99 registered (AndyP, Anita Potter, anamnesis, angga888, accordeur, Anne'sson, 27 invisible), 1468 Guests and 16 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Page 5 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 9 10 >
Topic Options
#920917 - 09/04/03 01:41 PM Re: new york city in october
Phlebas Offline

Loc: New York City
I'll call Beethoven's, and let you all know.

Piano & Music Gifts & Accessories (570)
Piano accessories and music gift items
#920918 - 09/04/03 02:50 PM Re: new york city in october
Phlebas Offline

Beethoven's is taken care of.
I talked to Chris Pfund at Beethoven Pianos, and he said they would love to have us on the 18th at any of the remaining time slots - 1, 2, or 3:30. They are open until 7:30 on Sat.

Also, Chris indicated that they will start selling Grotrians, and should have a few in by the 18th.

#920919 - 09/04/03 04:10 PM Re: new york city in october
RealPlayer Offline
2000 Post Club Member

Loc: NYC
Phlebas,

Thanks for contacting Beethoven! It's so nice that everyone's so receptive!

What say I call A&C and arrange them for 1 PM. That way, if we do Beethoven at 2, it'll be an easy walk to Faust/Harrison at 3.

We'll have less than an hour at A&C really, because figure 10-15 min. to walk to 58th Street from there. May not be so bad, as they are not a very large place. Unless you want to start at A&C at 12:45, but that's hard to remember.

I hope an hour is adequate at all these places -- I've never done anything like this with a group before.

I'll still be available for a couple more hours, if you get the chance to reply. If you reply before 5, I can call A&C today.

www.josephkubera.com

#920920 - 09/04/03 04:18 PM Re: new york city in october
Phlebas Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by RealPlayer:
Phlebas,

Thanks for contacting Beethoven! It's so nice that everyone's so receptive!

What say I call A&C and arrange them for 1 PM. That way, if we do Beethoven at 2, it'll be an easy walk to Faust/Harrison at 3.

We'll have less than an hour at A&C really, because figure 10-15 min. to walk to 58th Street from there. May not be so bad, as they are not a very large place. Unless you want to start at A&C at 12:45, but that's hard to remember.

I hope an hour is adequate at all these places -- I've never done anything like this with a group before.

I'll still be available for a couple more hours, if you get the chance to reply. If you reply before 5, I can call A&C today. [/b]
A&C at 1:00, and Beethoven and 2:00 sounds great. We can always call places ahead if we are running late.

#920921 - 09/04/03 04:27 PM Re: new york city in october
Phlebas Offline

Realplayer,

The last I saw, you had a call into Klavier Haus, so I didn't try to contact them. Let me know if you need any help with them.

#920922 - 09/04/03 04:59 PM Re: new york city in october
RealPlayer Offline
2000 Post Club Member

OK! I just confirmed A&C for 1 PM on the 18th.

So far, we have:

1 PM -- A&C Piano Craft
2 PM -- Beethoven
3 PM -- Faust Harrison

Phlebs, when I called Klavierhaus, it was about finding out if they had any concerts that weekend. No one got back to me on that. I'd appreciate it if someone else could call them about the visit, as I'll be away for a few days.

So, do check in with Beethoven to firm up the 2 PM time.

Thanks for your phone work!

www.josephkubera.com

#920923 - 09/04/03 07:30 PM Re: new york city in october
Rich D. Online   content
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: Rehoboth Beach De. USA
Looks like I'll be traveling up by Metroliner for the meeting on Sat morning. Any recommendations on a hotel close to the Central Park thats not too too expensive?

Anton Rubinstein said about the piano: "You think it is one instrument? It is a hundred instruments!"

#920924 - 09/04/03 08:02 PM Re: new york city in october
Bernard Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Loc: North Groton, NH
Wow! Rich D. that's fantastic. Check out this web page, they have lots of listings, i.e., best-deal-for-the-money, budget, little-known, etc.

Best Hotel Bets

#920925 - 09/04/03 09:33 PM Re: new york city in october
Phlebas Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Sam:
Hi Guys,

I bought a piano from FH, and occasionally, I correspond with Sara. Let me know if I can be of any help. I think Sara is one of the best people I've ever had the pleasure to deal with. [/b]
Thanks Sam.

Please let us know if you can join us that Sat.

#920926 - 09/04/03 11:33 PM Re: new york city in october
jodi Offline
6000 Post Club Member

Loc: The Evergreen State (WA)
I hope somebody here remembers to bring a CAMERA.

\:\) Jodi

#920927 - 09/05/03 11:20 AM Re: new york city in october
Phlebas Offline

Klavierhaus is all set. I talked to Gabor Reisinger there, and he said 3:30 is fine - he actually marked his calendar for 3:00-5:00 on the 18th.

#920928 - 09/05/03 11:34 AM Re: new york city in october
decibel101 Offline

Loc: Manhattan
sounds fun... i'd bring a camera but I only have what the local duane reade has for disposibles....

#920929 - 09/05/03 12:24 PM Re: new york city in october
Phlebas Offline

I'll bring my digital camera - if I remember.

#920930 - 09/05/03 01:03 PM Re: new york city in october
RealPlayer Offline
2000 Post Club Member

Quote:
Klavierhaus is all set. I talked to Gabor Reisinger there, and he said 3:30 is fine - he actually marked his calendar for 3:00-5:00 on the 18th.
Wow, thanks, Phlebas, for arranging this. \:\) Since we are at Faust Harrison at 3, it may be more likely we'll get to K-haus around 4.

As you can see, although not at home, I am able to log on to Piano World. Yippee!

!!!NEWS FLASH!!!

Maybe some of you New Yorkers already know about this, but I just picked up a magazine out here -- you know, one of those high-lifestyle mags directed at the idle rich -- and there is an ad in there for a new Boesendorfer showroom in Manhattan. The address given is the same as for Maximillian's, 200 Lexington Ave. (although it gives a Suite number in that building). So I don't know if that means it replaces Max's on the ground floor, or is somewhere else in the building.

What do you all think? Are there Boesie fans attending our pianofest who would like to visit there? Should we investigate?

www.josephkubera.com

#920931 - 09/05/03 01:06 PM Re: new york city in october
Phlebas Offline

Realplayer,

I messed up. Should have said 4:30 instead of 3:30. Since they marked us down for 3-5, this should not be a problem, unless someone thinks we will be too pushed for time.
That's what happens when I try to do this stuff from work.

#920932 - 09/05/03 01:11 PM Re: new york city in october
Phlebas Offline

Quote:
!!!NEWS FLASH!!!

Maybe some of you New Yorkers already know about this, but I just picked up a magazine out here -- you know, one of those high-lifestyle mags directed at the idle rich -- and there is an ad in there for a new Boesendorfer showroom in Manhattan. The address given is the same as for Maximillian's, 200 Lexington Ave. (although it gives a Suite number in that building). So I don't know if that means it replaces Max's on the ground floor, or is somewhere else in the building.

What do you all think? Are there Boesie fans attending our pianofest who would like to visit there? Should we investigate? [/b]
It sounds interesting. Logistically though, 200 Lex. is at 32nd St., and across town from the other dealers, so it may be difficult to include in our crawl.

#920933 - 09/05/03 07:53 PM Re: new york city in october
RealPlayer Offline
2000 Post Club Member

Phlebas wrote:

Quote:
It sounds interesting. Logistically though, 200 Lex. is at 32nd St., and across town from the other dealers, so it may be difficult to include in our crawl.
Yes, you are quite right. And we do have quite a full plate as it is. Just putting the information out there.

www.josephkubera.com

#920934 - 09/05/03 08:33 PM Re: new york city in october
Phlebas Offline

Quote:
Phlebas wrote:

Quote:
Yes, you are quite right. And we do have quite a full plate as it is. Just putting the information out there. [/b]
Well, thanks for doing so. I will definately check it out on my own. And, if it does not work into the agenda, some of the out-of-towners will want to see it when they are here too.

So, what does everyone want to eat that on teh 18th? ;\)

#920935 - 09/07/03 11:12 AM Re: new york city in october
Linda in PA Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: PA - USA
Hey, Folks:

As originally agreed, I spoke with Klavierhaus when I was there yesterday and confirmed us for 1PM on 10/18. Wish you folks notified me when changing the schedule. Will one of you (and only one of you) please double check with Klavierhaus to confirm the time slot for which we are confirmed? As of 6PM yesterday evening, there was nothing actually written on their calendar for PW on the 18th. Michael and Sujatri pulled the calendar out (saw it with my own eyes) and put us down for 1PM. Gabor was not in the showroom last evening - perhaps he has a note of our visit somewhere other than on the calendar???

I have no trouble with a time change, but I do think that designating more than one contact per dealer was unnecessary and has caused confusion which someone will now need to clear.

Thank you . . . Linda

#920936 - 09/07/03 11:21 AM Re: new york city in october
Linda in PA Offline
500 Post Club Member

Quote:
[QUOTE] ... a new Boesendorfer showroom in Manhattan. The address given is the same as for Maximillian's, 200 Lexington Ave. (although it gives a Suite number in that building). So I don't know if that means it replaces Max's on the ground floor, or is somewhere else in the building. [/b]
Gerhard and Lisa Feldman are the proprietors and they are located on the 9th floor in the Design Center. I was there on a Saturday (appointment necessary) - you need to sign in at the guard desk in the lobby and be announced before gaining access to the building. The showroom is quite "live" - high ceilings, hardwood floors, no carpets/uphosltered furniture - and lots of beautiful Boesendorfers. Didn't meet Gerhard, but Lisa was absolutely delightful. Well worth the effort to schedule a separate visit (IMO).

#920937 - 09/07/03 01:20 PM Re: new york city in october
Phlebas Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Linda in PA:
Hey, Folks:

As originally agreed, I spoke with Klavierhaus when I was there yesterday and confirmed us for 1PM on 10/18. Wish you folks notified me when changing the schedule. Will one of you (and only one of you) please double check with Klavierhaus to confirm the time slot for which we are confirmed? As of 6PM yesterday evening, there was nothing actually written on their calendar for PW on the 18th. Michael and Sujatri pulled the calendar out (saw it with my own eyes) and put us down for 1PM. Gabor was not in the showroom last evening - perhaps he has a note of our visit somewhere other than on the calendar???

I have no trouble with a time change, but I do think that designating more than one contact per dealer was unnecessary and has caused confusion which someone will now need to clear.

Thank you . . . Linda [/b]
Linda,

I apologize for any confusion I might have caused in trying to schedule with any of the dealers. RealPlayer confirmed in this thread that he was able to schedule two of the dealers. Since I did not see confirmations from anyone else in this thread who may have contacted dealers, I offered to contact Klavierhaus and Beethoven.

I was not trying to step on your toes, or complicate things by contacting KH myself. There are so many posts in this thread that I forgot you said you were seeing them on Sat. It was simply an honest mistake.

#920938 - 09/07/03 08:03 PM Re: new york city in october
PianoMuse Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: Philly, PA
Wow, this is exciting!!

Just an FYI, don't count my opinion on the concert, because I don't think I will be able to go...my schedule is always last-minute, so if something comes up and I can't make it, I don't want to be stuck with an extra ticket!

#920939 - 09/08/03 12:12 PM Re: new york city in october
RealPlayer Offline
2000 Post Club Member

So, to Linda in PA and Phlebas:

Has one of you called Klavierhaus to reconfirm the time Phlebas originally scheduled -- about 4 PM? (This being because A&C has to see us at 1 PM, as they usually close at 2 on Saturdays)?

I'd offer to call K-haus myself, except I'm away from NYC till Thursday, and it gets even more confusing if a third person calls -- too many cooks, you know.

Thanks,

www.josephkubera.com

#920940 - 09/08/03 12:38 PM Re: new york city in october
Phlebas Offline

Joe and Linda.
I have a call in to them, and am waiting for a call back.

#920941 - 09/08/03 05:05 PM Re: new york city in october
Linda in PA Offline
500 Post Club Member

Hi, Phlebas and Joe:

Sorry for being in such a snit, yesterday. I'll join Joe in staying out of the "soup" and allow Phlebas to do the "cooking" moving forward. Hope everone else will follow.

Phlebas, it's not my toes that I'm concerned about (and you didn't really step on them) - I know that some other PW revelers (in addition to us) contacted various staff at Klavierhaus regarding our visit. While I appreciate the enthusiasm, it gets messy and exasperating for the dealer.

Many thanks for clearing up the confusion. Looking forward to the gathering!

. . . Linda

#920942 - 09/09/03 12:42 PM Re: new york city in october
David Burton Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: Coxsackie, New York
How about Chez josephine's is on W. 42 St near 9 AVE.? Anyone know about this place? Supposedly has a pianist performing during the evening. Might be overkill don't know.

#920943 - 09/09/03 01:40 PM Re: new york city in october
Phlebas Offline

We are confirmed at Klavier Haus for 4-4:30 to 5:30 on the 18th. Gabor Reisinger got back to me today to confirm the time.

#920944 - 09/09/03 03:33 PM Re: new york city in october
Linda in PA Offline
500 Post Club Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Phlebas:
We are confirmed at Klavier Haus for 4-4:30 to 5:30 on the 18th. Gabor Reisinger got back to me today to confirm the time. [/b]
Thanks!

#920945 - 09/10/03 01:59 PM Re: new york city in october
Bernard Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Loc: North Groton, NH
 Quote:
Originally posted by David Burton:
How about Chez josephine's is on W. 42 St near 9 AVE.? Anyone know about this place? Supposedly has a pianist performing during the evening. Might be overkill don't know. [/b]
We'd need a reservation no doubt since that's in the heart of the theatre district. Also, did you know that some of the restaurants in and around Times Square are now adding gratuity to the check!? It's an outrage.

One of the owners of the company I work for suggested Bangkok Cuisine on 55th St. and 8th Ave.

Bottom line for me: I'll go where everyone else wants to go. I've heard pique's suggestion, David's suggestion and my boss's -- they all sound fine to me.

#920946 - 09/11/03 11:26 AM Re: new york city in october
RealPlayer Offline
2000 Post Club Member

Thank, Phlebas, for confirming the Klavierhaus time.

I'll go along with others' suggestions for eating places. I'm a vegetarian, but most restaurants in Manhattan offer some veggie dish or other, so no problem unless you all decide on a steakhouse!

I think I've been to the Thai place Bernard suggested. It's good and not expensive, IIRC. Still open to all other ideas; I'll rely on other folks' experiences with restaurants.

Since our first piano stop is at A&C at 1 PM, and that's closer to 9th Ave. at about 53rd, does anyone want to meet in that ethnic restaurant area for lunch? Or would that be overkill, since we're already doing dinner? Maybe it could be optional...just an idea.

Joe

www.josephkubera.com

Page 5 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 9 10 >

Moderator:  Piano World 
What's Hot!!

Happy Thanksgiving!
Happy Thanksgiving!
(ad) Yamaha CP Music Rest Promo
Yamaha CP Music Rest Promo
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Seiler Pianos
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
(ad) Piano Music Sale - Dover Publications
Piano Music Sale
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
New Topics - Multiple Forums
LACHNIT MK22
by Vas
11/27/14 09:27 PM
You Usually Get what you Pay for in this World.......
by Paul678
11/27/14 08:22 PM
Steinway legs?
by Klavimaniac
11/27/14 06:58 PM
1875 legs and lyre where to get?
by Klavimaniac
11/27/14 06:02 PM
"It Don't mean A Thing (If it Ain't...
by prout
11/27/14 04:43 PM
Forum Stats
77071 Members
42 Forums
159408 Topics
2341649 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Gift Ideas for Music Lovers!
Find the Perfect Gift for the Music Lovers on your List!
Visit our online store today.

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission