2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
29 members (crab89, clothearednincompo, APianistHasNoName, Fried Chicken, CraiginNZ, bwv543, Cominut, 9 invisible), 1,250 guests, and 280 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 14 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 13 14
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
I'll call Beethoven's, and let you all know.

4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
Beethoven's is taken care of.
I talked to Chris Pfund at Beethoven Pianos, and he said they would love to have us on the 18th at any of the remaining time slots - 1, 2, or 3:30. They are open until 7:30 on Sat.

Also, Chris indicated that they will start selling Grotrians, and should have a few in by the 18th.

R
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
R
Phlebas,

Thanks for contacting Beethoven! It's so nice that everyone's so receptive!

What say I call A&C and arrange them for 1 PM. That way, if we do Beethoven at 2, it'll be an easy walk to Faust/Harrison at 3.

We'll have less than an hour at A&C really, because figure 10-15 min. to walk to 58th Street from there. May not be so bad, as they are not a very large place. Unless you want to start at A&C at 12:45, but that's hard to remember.

I hope an hour is adequate at all these places -- I've never done anything like this with a group before.

I'll still be available for a couple more hours, if you get the chance to reply. If you reply before 5, I can call A&C today.

4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
Originally posted by RealPlayer:
Phlebas,

Thanks for contacting Beethoven! It's so nice that everyone's so receptive!

What say I call A&C and arrange them for 1 PM. That way, if we do Beethoven at 2, it'll be an easy walk to Faust/Harrison at 3.

We'll have less than an hour at A&C really, because figure 10-15 min. to walk to 58th Street from there. May not be so bad, as they are not a very large place. Unless you want to start at A&C at 12:45, but that's hard to remember.

I hope an hour is adequate at all these places -- I've never done anything like this with a group before.

I'll still be available for a couple more hours, if you get the chance to reply. If you reply before 5, I can call A&C today.
A&C at 1:00, and Beethoven and 2:00 sounds great. We can always call places ahead if we are running late.

4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
Realplayer,

The last I saw, you had a call into Klavier Haus, so I didn't try to contact them. Let me know if you need any help with them.

R
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
R
OK! I just confirmed A&C for 1 PM on the 18th.

So far, we have:

1 PM -- A&C Piano Craft
2 PM -- Beethoven
3 PM -- Faust Harrison

Phlebs, when I called Klavierhaus, it was about finding out if they had any concerts that weekend. No one got back to me on that. I'd appreciate it if someone else could call them about the visit, as I'll be away for a few days.

So, do check in with Beethoven to firm up the 2 PM time.

Thanks for your phone work!

Gold Subscriber
1000 Post Club Member
Gold Subscriber
1000 Post Club Member
Looks like I'll be traveling up by Metroliner for the meeting on Sat morning. Any recommendations on a hotel close to the Central Park thats not too too expensive?

Retired at the beach
Grotrian 192

Anton Rubinstein said about the piano: "You think it is one instrument? It is a hundred instruments!"
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
Wow! Rich D. that's fantastic. Check out this web page, they have lots of listings, i.e., best-deal-for-the-money, budget, little-known, etc.

Best Hotel Bets

"Hunger for growth will come to you in the form of a problem." -- unknown
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
Originally posted by Sam:
Hi Guys,

I bought a piano from FH, and occasionally, I correspond with Sara. Let me know if I can be of any help. I think Sara is one of the best people I've ever had the pleasure to deal with.
Thanks Sam.

Please let us know if you can join us that Sat.

6000 Post Club Member
6000 Post Club Member
I hope somebody here remembers to bring a CAMERA.

smile Jodi

4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
Klavierhaus is all set. I talked to Gabor Reisinger there, and he said 3:30 is fine - he actually marked his calendar for 3:00-5:00 on the 18th.

D
D
sounds fun... i'd bring a camera but I only have what the local duane reade has for disposibles....

4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
I'll bring my digital camera - if I remember.

R
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
R
Klavierhaus is all set. I talked to Gabor Reisinger there, and he said 3:30 is fine - he actually marked his calendar for 3:00-5:00 on the 18th.
Wow, thanks, Phlebas, for arranging this. smile Since we are at Faust Harrison at 3, it may be more likely we'll get to K-haus around 4.

As you can see, although not at home, I am able to log on to Piano World. Yippee!

:t: !!!NEWS FLASH!!! :t:

Maybe some of you New Yorkers already know about this, but I just picked up a magazine out here -- you know, one of those high-lifestyle mags directed at the idle rich -- and there is an ad in there for a new Boesendorfer showroom in Manhattan. The address given is the same as for Maximillian's, 200 Lexington Ave. (although it gives a Suite number in that building). So I don't know if that means it replaces Max's on the ground floor, or is somewhere else in the building.

What do you all think? Are there Boesie fans attending our pianofest who would like to visit there? Should we investigate?

4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
Realplayer,

I messed up. Should have said 4:30 instead of 3:30. Since they marked us down for 3-5, this should not be a problem, unless someone thinks we will be too pushed for time.
That's what happens when I try to do this stuff from work.

4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
:t: !!!NEWS FLASH!!! :t:

Maybe some of you New Yorkers already know about this, but I just picked up a magazine out here -- you know, one of those high-lifestyle mags directed at the idle rich -- and there is an ad in there for a new Boesendorfer showroom in Manhattan. The address given is the same as for Maximillian's, 200 Lexington Ave. (although it gives a Suite number in that building). So I don't know if that means it replaces Max's on the ground floor, or is somewhere else in the building.

What do you all think? Are there Boesie fans attending our pianofest who would like to visit there? Should we investigate?
It sounds interesting. Logistically though, 200 Lex. is at 32nd St., and across town from the other dealers, so it may be difficult to include in our crawl.

R
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
R
Phlebas wrote:

It sounds interesting. Logistically though, 200 Lex. is at 32nd St., and across town from the other dealers, so it may be difficult to include in our crawl.
Yes, you are quite right. And we do have quite a full plate as it is. Just putting the information out there.

4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
Phlebas wrote:

Yes, you are quite right. And we do have quite a full plate as it is. Just putting the information out there.
Well, thanks for doing so. I will definately check it out on my own. And, if it does not work into the agenda, some of the out-of-towners will want to see it when they are here too.

So, what does everyone want to eat that on teh 18th? wink

500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Hey, Folks:

As originally agreed, I spoke with Klavierhaus when I was there yesterday and confirmed us for 1PM on 10/18. Wish you folks notified me when changing the schedule. Will one of you (and only one of you) please double check with Klavierhaus to confirm the time slot for which we are confirmed? As of 6PM yesterday evening, there was nothing actually written on their calendar for PW on the 18th. Michael and Sujatri pulled the calendar out (saw it with my own eyes) and put us down for 1PM. Gabor was not in the showroom last evening - perhaps he has a note of our visit somewhere other than on the calendar???

I have no trouble with a time change, but I do think that designating more than one contact per dealer was unnecessary and has caused confusion which someone will now need to clear.

Thank you . . . Linda

500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
[QUOTE] ... a new Boesendorfer showroom in Manhattan. The address given is the same as for Maximillian's, 200 Lexington Ave. (although it gives a Suite number in that building). So I don't know if that means it replaces Max's on the ground floor, or is somewhere else in the building.
Gerhard and Lisa Feldman are the proprietors and they are located on the 9th floor in the Design Center. I was there on a Saturday (appointment necessary) - you need to sign in at the guard desk in the lobby and be announced before gaining access to the building. The showroom is quite "live" - high ceilings, hardwood floors, no carpets/uphosltered furniture - and lots of beautiful Boesendorfers. Didn't meet Gerhard, but Lisa was absolutely delightful. Well worth the effort to schedule a separate visit (IMO).

Page 7 of 14 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 13 14

Moderated by  Piano World 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Pianodisc PDS-128+ calibration
by Dalem01 - 04/15/24 04:50 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,384
Posts3,349,178
Members111,631
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission