Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Topic Options
#921416 - 07/17/04 06:55 PM Another delightful day at Beelady's home.....
Terrytunes Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: Tewksbury MA
A casual Saturday afternoon gathering it was at Beelady's! Enjoying each others music and having a chance to get to know one another a little bit better. It was great having a chance to meet with Jeanne since she was unable to join us for the last gathering at Beelady's house.

Thanks Beelady, once again for providing another opportunity to play your beautiful piano.

And special thanks to G, Beelady's son, who assisted in making the most delicious fresh squeezed lemonade!!

JeanneW

JeanneW - Beelady - Terrytunes (edit on pic)

Beelday & G

Piano & Music Gifts & Accessories (570)
Piano accessories and music gift items
#921417 - 07/20/04 08:45 PM Re: Another delightful day at Beelady's home.....
zongora Offline

Loc: Connecticut
Hi all three,

Nice shots -- enjoyed seeing them -- love that gorgeous piano. Hope G is playing it too -- sure he is.

Thanks, and buy the way, what did you guys perform for each other?

Zongora

#921418 - 07/21/04 02:02 PM Re: Another delightful day at Beelady's home.....
BeeLady Offline
2000 Post Club Member

Loc: Massachusetts
zongora thanks. These get togethers are inspiring me to practice! Both Terry and Jeanne had brought along binders with prepared music in them...Something I plan to mimick..

Jeanne blew us both away when she played piece after piece that she had composed herself, and this with only a bit more than 6 lessons in her life! WOW!

Terry has a few huge binders with all sorts of music, standard, movie music, a hymn or two etc. Lovely...

As for me I could only muster a few, Ashokan Farewell, a Grieg lyric piece and some Mozart (for G!) the Twinkle Twinkle variations.

G plays his own arrangement (by ear) of a Lord of the Rings theme and Twinkle Twinkle "the Mozart Way" with a few trills thrown in...

But for most of the afternoon, Mr. BeeLady spirited all the boys away so we girls could have the house, and piano, to ourselves...

Isn't PianoWorld Great?

Life is like a roll of toilet paper...the closer you get to the end, the faster it goes!

#921419 - 07/21/04 02:18 PM Re: Another delightful day at Beelady's home.....
kathyk Offline
6000 Post Club Member

Loc: Maine
Looks like a great time!

#921420 - 07/21/04 08:53 PM Re: Another delightful day at Beelady's home.....
zongora Offline

Loc: Connecticut
Bet it was twice as much fun having a gorgeous piano like yours to play on.

Having music in binders is a good idea. Sometimes when I only like one piece from a book that has tons, I copy it and keep it separate for convenience.

I love the music of Grieg and play much of it often. My favorites are "A Dream", "At Thy Feet", "I Love Thee", well -- I could go on and on.

Zongora

#921421 - 07/21/04 09:01 PM Re: Another delightful day at Beelady's home.....
Terrytunes Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Kathyk.... missed you and the other members of our NE group! This was Jeanne's opportunity to check out Beelady's piano. I sort of tagged along but enjoyed every minute!

I marveled at Jeanne everytime she started playing a new song. When she would finish I would ask her.. what did you name that one?? and she would reply.... "1999"!!! or whatever year it was that she wrote it!! I think we should have another gathering so Jeanne can play her songs and we can help her put a name to them! Thanks for sharing with us Jeanne!

I also enjoyed the chance to hear Beelady play her piano. She has a wonderful touch on the keys and listening to her play was delightful.

Zongora.. I haven't played to much in the way of classical music since my teens!! I started playing ragtime in my 20's and now in my 50's continue to enjoy ragtime. My mother enjoyed her era of music, showtunes etc and since she was the one who was the most responsive to making requests I played music that she enjoyed.

Upon joining PW and having had a few chances to meet with members I've decided to review some of my classical pieces from many years ago. It brings back memorable thoughts of my grandfather and how much he enjoyed opera, the symphony his violin and places like Tanglewood. It gives me a feeling of being connected to him everytime I practice what he would have enjoyed listening to. Although, I will never completely overlook some of my old time favorites; As Time Goes By...Blue Moon, Misty, Heart.

I've brushed up on Chopin's Waltz in C# Minor, Sinding/Rustle of Spring and Beethoven/1st Movement from Moonlight Sonata and I've just added Bach's/Sheep may safely graze along with Chopin Nocturne Op 72. Both pieces recommended from posts that I happened to read on PW.

So, here I am the other night printing out your post from the Adult Beginner Forum (I believe it was) and highlighting all of your favorites for the next time I'm looking to add another piece to my binder. I enjoy the posts and stories you have added to the forum and therefore I think I will enjoy your selection of music as well.

I'll keep you posted!

#921422 - 07/21/04 09:10 PM Re: Another delightful day at Beelady's home.....
Derick Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Loc: New York
Beautiful piano in a beautiful room with 3 beautiful ladies. Wish I was there! (I hope that doesn't sound too much like Tom-k*~!)

Terry, I want to see pics of the brown piano in a plum room.

How do you guys choose these colors? Most of my walls are boring white...

Derick

#921423 - 07/21/04 09:43 PM Re: Another delightful day at Beelady's home.....
Terrytunes Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Derick... hmmmm, how did I come up with this color??? I probably saw it while flipping through a magazine or advertisement of some sort. I've been working on putting this room together for about a year... I'm very slow!! Don't think you are the only with with ADD!!

It is a deep plum. I now have a floor lamp next to the piano and hope to put up some (white) crown molding.

The pic doesn't really show the "true" color. I'll have to try another one sometime with the ceiling fan lights off.

I've been into homes where the white walls are just fine.

#921424 - 07/21/04 09:56 PM Re: Another delightful day at Beelady's home.....
Derick Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Loc: New York
Wow, I like that too. Beelady's room is bolder, but your piano still stands out against that wall and looks great.

Several years ago I shrank the size of my bedroom after painting it 25 different colors. Ok, only 5, eventually I settled on a pale blue but never really liked it.

Derick

#921425 - 07/22/04 11:44 AM Re: Another delightful day at Beelady's home.....
BeeLady Offline
2000 Post Club Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Derick:

How do you guys choose these colors? Most of my walls are boring white...
Derick [/b]
No trick really, more like middle age, as my hair loses it color I opt to put it back elsewhere! Besides, its only paint, if you don't like it you paint over it!

Now Benj Moore and others have those little bitty sample bottles so you can try out all sorts of colors. Go for it!

While I agree, Derick, the red looks bold in pictures, in person it is more neutral and comforting, like being in the womb, I think.

Life is like a roll of toilet paper...the closer you get to the end, the faster it goes!

#921426 - 07/25/04 07:52 PM Re: Another delightful day at Beelady's home.....
kenny Offline
7000 Post Club Member

Wow
I just saw this thread.
Brings back good memories of when I got to play Beelady's piano.

Big Smile.

#921427 - 07/27/04 01:42 PM Re: Another delightful day at Beelady's home.....
Joy Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: Encinitas, CA
Thanks for sharing your piano moments.

I love that combination: red wall, wood floors, satin ebony grand and fresh lemonade. I can almost hear the music too.

Joy

\:\)

#921428 - 07/27/04 06:38 PM Re: Another delightful day at Beelady's home.....
kenny Offline
7000 Post Club Member

Joy did you notice the original painting by Jose on the wall?
It is the face of Beelady with the body of a bee playing a Steinway.

#921429 - 07/27/04 08:08 PM Re: Another delightful day at Beelady's home.....
Joy Offline
500 Post Club Member

You mean that one under the clock? I wish it were bigger so we can all see it better. \:\(

I love JosÚ's artwork. And I still treasure that little vase he made for me.

Joy

#921430 - 07/28/04 05:40 AM Re: Another delightful day at Beelady's home.....
BeeLady Offline
2000 Post Club Member

For Joy, \:\)

#921431 - 07/28/04 06:39 AM Re: Another delightful day at Beelady's home.....
RKVS1 Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Loc: Topeka, Kansas
Excellent response time, Bee!
An intriguing picture too ... tons of character! ... a real smiler. \:\)

I'm confused about your son's name, though. I think he's been referred to as "G" and also as Jose. Could you clear that up for me? Good looking kid, btw.

Bob

#921432 - 07/28/04 06:44 AM Re: Another delightful day at Beelady's home.....
kathyk Offline
6000 Post Club Member

Loc: Maine
Jose is Kenny's friend. Cool picture!

#921433 - 07/28/04 08:02 AM Re: Another delightful day at Beelady's home.....
Joy Offline
500 Post Club Member

What a great image to start my morning with! I love it.

What a wonderful graphic, full of charm, wit and affection.

Thanks so much for scanning, posting and sharing it with us, BeeLady.

Kenny's home is covered with works by both himself and JosÚ --- mixed with other vintage collectibles. An eyefest.

Joy

\:\)

#921434 - 07/28/04 08:59 AM Re: Another delightful day at Beelady's home.....
BeeLady Offline
2000 Post Club Member

It sure makes me smile! \:\)

I hope to see kenny's "gallery" someday myself!

#921435 - 07/28/04 07:52 PM Re: Another delightful day at Beelady's home.....
Terrytunes Offline
1000 Post Club Member

#921436 - 07/28/04 07:55 PM Re: Another delightful day at Beelady's home.....
kenny Offline
7000 Post Club Member

Bob
Don't tell anyone but Jose is more than my friend.
He's my partner.

wink wink
nudge nudge \:\)

Super Super secret though.

It's funny, Jose's art is straight from the heart; mine is straight from the eyeballs.

#921437 - 07/28/04 08:04 PM Re: Another delightful day at Beelady's home.....
apple* Offline

Loc: Kansas
 Quote:
Originally posted by kenny:
Bob
He's my partner.

[/b]
Do you guys own an art gallery?

love and peace, ├Ľun (apple in Estonian)

#921438 - 07/28/04 09:11 PM Re: Another delightful day at Beelady's home.....
kenny Offline
7000 Post Club Member

Quote:
Originally posted by apple:
 Quote:
Originally posted by kenny:
Bob
He's my partner.

[/b]
Do you guys own an art gallery? [/b]
apple
thankth for imortalizing my thuper threcret outing under the pretense of griving a crap about my art. Wink

No Dahleeng, no art gallery.
Not yet. (thwish thwish lisp lisp)
And we don't own a hair thalon or flower thhop either.

Your question could have stood alone without the quote.
I'm sure you realize that when you quote somebody they can't take it back.
Your quote of my words had nothing to do with your question.
To me that makes your quote very mean spirited, and it reflects very poorly on your character apple.

#921439 - 07/29/04 04:24 PM Re: Another delightful day at Beelady's home.....
Terrytunes Offline
1000 Post Club Member

I always tried to decipher what that picture was near Beelady's piano but guess I always became sidetracked by the music and conversation in the room and never took the time to view it up close! It's truly an interesting pic. My favorite so far of Kenny's artwork is the drawing of the door lock/knob... I couldn't believe it was a drawing!

And thanks everyone for the fine compliments received on pic's of MY piano! Oh, sorry make that singular; "compliment" (thank you, Derrick) \:D

#921440 - 07/29/04 04:40 PM Re: Another delightful day at Beelady's home.....
BeeLady Offline
2000 Post Club Member

Terry, I am IN LOVE with kenny's doorknob painting. The kids spend lots of time examining the print I have of it in disbelief that it is a watercolor! kenny is a truly talented guy in many, many ways....

Perhaps we local yolkals will be able to see the plum room and it's inhabitant soon?!!

#921441 - 07/29/04 05:51 PM Re: Another delightful day at Beelady's home.....
kenny Offline
7000 Post Club Member

Oh, Beelady.

\:o

#921442 - 08/01/04 03:04 PM Re: Another delightful day at Beelady's home.....
Jeanne W Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: New England
Well, just returned from vacation and for the 1st time saw this post!

Bee Lady: Had a great time! Beautiful house and piano! Geez, wish we had such good climate control for a piano to live in. You played beautifully. Among the pieces you played, you didn't mention the Brahams Intermezzo in A you played for us - the one you said you're still working on it, you sounded great. That's a piece of music I just recently heard for the first time and fell in love with. I was so surprised when you began playing it.

Terry Tunes: Those ragtime pieces you played I find to be difficult to play - all those jumps you have to make with your left hand. I'm impressed! I loved hearing you play Moonlight Sonata also. Beautiful. You play wonderfully.

I enjoyed hearing both of you play the piano. We should do this again!

Terry, I think it was you who said: "I see you don't have any trouble getting up to play in front of people," or something to that effect. That's so funny. I was nervous playing the piano - with just the 3 of us. But I slogged on best I could. At least my fingers didn't FREEZE UP like they did when I played at the Mason & Hamlin Tour.

Up until a couple of years ago just having to stand up and introduce myself to everyone would have had me shaking like a leaf. I've gotten a bit better over time.

Thanks for the kind words about my music. Most of it is untitled, just a date i.e. 3/28/98 - to tell them apart. It never occured to me to really title any of them. I must say, I find my current titling system makes it impossible to differentiate one piece from another...

I don't ever find myself thinking such things as, "I'll play the one called 7/13/02. Oh, that's 5/14/97. That's a good one." Right. That's a laugh.

Dates don't seem to be a good way to tell one piece of music apart from the next. Maybe I'd better start naming them. Although for some nutsy reason, I like the idea of just putting dates on them. As though it would be pretentious of me to actually title them. ??

Terry Tunes: Your piano is sweet looking. I have a soft spot for sweet pianos. When can BeeLady and I hop over to your place??? Huh? Huh? Huh?

As you know, my own trusty 88 keys is that one Larry Fine sprinkles dubious warnings about in his book, it's - TA DA! - a circa 1974 Kimball Whitney spinet.

Oh!

:rolleyes:

The dread secret is out!

Actually, I wonder how many visit this "Forum Members Tours, Parties, Cruises, & Meetings" area of PW? I almost didn't see this thread. Didn't think to visit here, so maybe I'm safe from fellow PW member scrutiny? (Go ahead, I can take it!)

As some may recall, I am currently on PIANO QUEST, which would perhaps more accurately be called: PIANO OBSESSION QUEST. So one of these days I hope to be having my own New Piano Party!

Until then, TerryTunes & BeeLady: You'e welcome to visit my house anytime to play my trusty spinet! I'm actually having it tuned next week so it'll be a good order. It's actually a nice little piano. It's served me well lo these many years.

Well, I've gone on enough! It was great getting together. Till next time.

Just one last thinkg. Last night my husband, Lloyd, and I were watching a PBS program with "The Piano Guy". At some point, both Lloyd and I got down on the floor and crawled up to the front of the tv screen, peering anxiously at the piano in an attempt to determine what kind it was. "I can't believe I'm doing this," said Lloyd. *

Ha. Ha. Lloyd's got the Piano Obsession, too.

* Never did figure out what kinda piano it was.

Jeanne W

1920 Steinway A3
My Piano Delivery Thread:
http://www.pianoworld.com/ubb/ubb/ultimatebb.php?/topic/1/8776.html#000000

Moderator:  Piano World 
What's Hot!!
Our latest Issue is available now...
Piano News - Interesting & Fun Piano Related Newsletter! (free)
-------------------
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Seiler Pianos
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
101 registered (angga888, Atrys, Anticlock, Art_Vandelay, ando, 29 invisible), 1297 Guests and 19 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
75569 Members
42 Forums
156242 Topics
2294606 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Will a Damp-Chaser fill in the cracks in a sound-board?
by Paul678
07/29/14 12:36 AM
The Mason & Hamlin Tension Resonator: Help or Hype???
by Paul678
07/29/14 12:06 AM
What piano do i have?
by allana
07/28/14 11:43 PM
Moving to Intermediate Level
by Gisele
07/28/14 11:15 PM
Mixer
by doremi
07/28/14 10:48 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission