2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
57 members (Adam Reynolds, Carey, brdwyguy, beeboss, Chris B, Cheeeeee, Dalem01, 10 invisible), 1,869 guests, and 291 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
1000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
1000 Post Club Member
John Citron!!... one of our newer MA members who joined us for a small, sort of last minute, gathering which was hosted by Jeanne W. on Tues evening.

It certainly was a pleasure to finally meet up with John after reading many thoughtful and inspiring posts he has shared with members on this board.

John awed us with his playing of a few Chopin Nocturnes. He first played Nocturne #1 and since this is a piece I have been working on for awhile, it was wonderful to hear it played "live". I have a long way to go before perfecting this piece but was truly inspired by John's performance.

Jeanne delighted us with her new and latest "gems" that she has composed this year alone! All of you who enjoyed following Jeanne's piano purchase will be pleased to know that Jeanne is enjoying many hours of musical pleasure on her beautiful grand.

And Bee, as exhausted as she was from her newly appointed role in her life, stepped up to the bench and entertained us with a piece of music written by PW member Kreisler.

On with the pics.... I don't expect anyone will have any problems figuring out who John is!! Jeanne is on the left, Bee next to John and as for myself... well, I'm just in the "pink" of things!! :p

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
WOW, great pics, Terrytunes!! Thanks for the report too. smile

Everyone looks great!

Jeanne W.,
Your place is fantastic! How beautiful.

I forgot what kind of piano you have. The wood is gorgeous.

"Hunger for growth will come to you in the form of a problem." -- unknown
J
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
J
Thank you Terrytunes for posting the pictures.

Many thank yous to JeanneW for hosting the gathering, and letting me play her wonderful Steinwa! The instrument has such a beautiful touch and tone. I had so much fun, I kept the party going in my head and didn't sleep a wink all night.

John laugh

Current works in progress:

Beethoven Sonata Op. 10 No. 2 in F, Haydn Sonata Hoboken XVI:41, Bach French Suite No. 5 in G BWV 816

Current instruments: Schimmel-Vogel 177T grand, Roland LX-17 digital, and John Lyon unfretted Saxon clavichord.
J
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
J
Thanks, Everyone, for coming! It was good seeing you again, Terrytunes and BeeLady, and meeting you, John. I enjoyed hearing each of you play: Terrytunes, your ragtime brought my piano alive; Beelady, the piece you played by a PW member, Kreisler, was a real treat, and John, your Chopin led us away to another place. smile

John, I have to thank you for playing one of my pieces of music. You said sight reading is your forte - yes, that's true, in addition to being a wonderful pianist, you are a great sight reader!

OH, AND JOHN...you send a thank you for playing my "wonderful Steinwa!" WHAT'S A STEINWA??? laugh laugh laugh

Jeanne W

Music is about the heart and so should a piano be about the heart. - Pique

1920 Steinway A3
My Piano Delivery Thread:
https://forum.pianoworld.com/ubbthreads.php/topics/107473/1.html
J
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
J
Originally posted by Jeanne W:
Thanks, Everyone, for coming! It was good seeing you again, Terry and Kerri, and meeting you, John. I enjoyed hearing each of you play: Terry, your ragtime brought my piano alive; Kerri, the piece you played by a PW member, Kreissler, was a real treat, and John, your Chopin led us away to another place. smile

John, I have to thank you for playing one of my pieces of music. You said sight reading is your forte - yes, that's true, in addition to being a wonderful pianist, you are a great sight reader!

OH, AND JOHN...you send a thank you for playing my "wonderful Steinwa!" WHAT'S A STEINWA??? laugh laugh laugh

Jeanne W
It's a wonderful Steinway <----- see the 'y' here.... sorry typo.... eek

John

Beethoven Sonata Op. 10 No. 2 in F, Haydn Sonata Hoboken XVI:41, Bach French Suite No. 5 in G BWV 816

Current instruments: Schimmel-Vogel 177T grand, Roland LX-17 digital, and John Lyon unfretted Saxon clavichord.
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
Ooops. I fixed my post.

"Hunger for growth will come to you in the form of a problem." -- unknown

Platinum Supporter until Dec 31 2012
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member

Platinum Supporter until Dec 31 2012
That IS a beautiful piano. What's the finish? It looks more exotic than a basic mohagony.

And I truly do enjoy getting to see what people on the forum look like. Thanks for taking the effort to post the pictures.

J
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
J
Hi, Monica:

Thank you! The wood is plain mahogany, as I recall. Course right now it's 3:16 am....my mind is mush. I'm also thinking the rebuilder (Lee Doherty, Acme Piano, Somerville, MA), may have said it's "ribbon mahogany". ??? When I found it, by the way, the finish was a very light blonde color. I had it refinished darker - it came out great!

John: Re: the "Steinway" thing - I was just razzing you, you know! :p :

Hey, everyone, I have a challenge for you. Take a look at the photo with all four of us happy Piano People in it. There's something in the background of the photo - at the far end of the room. Can you guess what it is???

**You'll need to be able to see all of the detail in the photo. If the rug and background of the photo fades to black on your pc monitor, adjusting the brightness of your pc monitor should, I think, help. The reason I mention this is, on a friend's pc, this photo is so dark you can't see any detail at the back of the room, but the photo is brighter and all of the detail is visible on my home pc. confused **

If that doesn't work, you can copy and paste the photo into microsoft word and brighten it there: right click on the photo in PW...click on "copy"...open a microsoft word doc...Right click on "paste". Then to brighten the photo:
click on the picture...Right mouse click on the photo...click on "format picture"...click on "picture...click on "brightness" - increase brightness from 50%. Brightening it from 50% to 62% makes all the difference in the world.

Anyway, can anyone hazard a guess what it is?

I'm wondering how many replies this will receive. I know not many PW members visit this particular forum.

Jeanne W

1920 Steinway A3
J
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
J
Originally posted by Bernard:
WOW, great pics, Terrytunes!! Thanks for the report too. smile

Everyone looks great!

Jeanne W.,
Your place is fantastic! How beautiful.

I forgot what kind of piano you have. The wood is gorgeous.
Thanks, Bernard! We had such a nice time, and *My Piano* loved it as well. (Pianos are people, too, you know. :rolleyes: )

Jeanne W

1920 Steinway A3
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
It looks like either an old school desk with the lid up, a square piano with the lid up, or else you're the person Jay Leno mentioned the other day that bought Benjamin Franklin's Commode Chair on E-Bay, and ITS lid is up. Maybe a sewing machine but I see no treadle.

Before I got my photo editor dialed in, I thought it might have been an easel and the plant behind it might have been jodi's head......she's into both painting AND plants, as I recall.

Did John demand that the party be held at night? ( that MIGHT be his vampire coffin, but it looks kinda short for him, to tell the truth.)

Is that really TerryTunes in the photo? I can't recognizer very easily without being able to see her tenni shoes.

I think its a school desk with the (most probably metal) legs painted brown.

Nice finish on the piano,by the way.

Bob

J
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
J
RKVS1 Bob:

I am sitting here howling at your guesses! I think, maybe, I like your "Ben Franklin Commode Chair" guess best. laugh

It's NONE of those things, though.

I just checked the photo, again. Yes, there IS a plant behind it and I HAD noticed it could possibly look like someone's HEAD (hair) - BUT THAT'S NOT RIGHT, EITHER!!!! (Which "Jodi" are you referring to by the way??? Cause there 'tweren't any Jodi's at our gathering. confused )

Keep those guesses coming! laugh

Jeanne W

1920 Steinway A3
J
J
Curious why John played with the lid down?

500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Originally posted by Terrytunes:
And Bee, as exhausted as she was from her newly appointed role in her life, stepped up to the bench and entertained us with a piece of music written by PW member Kreisler.
I'm interesred in seeing this piece of music. Where'd ya get it Bee?

JOHN
J
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
J
Originally posted by Justplay:
Curious why John played with the lid down?
The lid do go up as I was playing...We never thought of lifting it when we first started.

That is one fine Steinway. Wow! laugh

BE: Kreisler's piece is really great. I would love to see the music for it too.

John

J
J
A virginal, perhaps? Can't really see it too well, not computer-literate enough to try harder.

John Delmore
PTG Associate Member
"You don't have a Soul. You ARE a soul. You have a body."...C.S. Lewis
Bienvenue!: http://louisianaskyline.net/forums/index.php?
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
I get it! It is a person playing a virginal. I can see their hair, and the lid is up.

I don't know what the meaning of life is- I'm too busy to figure it out.
J
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
J
Interesting...people really are thinking the PLANT is a person. But it ISN'T! It really is a PLANT!

I'll leave a little more time for guessing what that *thing* at the far side of the room might be...before letting the cat out of the bag. smile

BachEnthusiast/John: I'd also like to see the music for Kreisler's piece of music. We'll have to wait for BeeLady- I think she said it was posted here on PW somewhere. It may be a while before we hear from BeeLady, though. She is SWAMPED this week. We're lucky she was able to come Tues night.

YOO HOO, BEELADY - ARE YOU OUT THERE??? laugh

Jeanne W

1920 Steinway A3
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
Whew! My week is over!! But I just couldn't miss a PW gathering....Nearly dozed off while listening to the wonderful music at Jeanne's..but certainly NOT from boredom.

The piece I have been (and am still) working on is Kreisler\'s from nearly a year ago. I love it and especially love that fact that it is from a PW member...

Now if we could just get Ax to write down those lovely Chinese folk songs.... wink

Thanks Jeanne for getting us together. John, it was a pleasure to finally meet you. I don't think I did ever see you at the Barnes and Noble...Terry, well ya know....Let me know what you need done for the 29th. I am sooo there! smile

BeeLady

Life is like a roll of toilet paper...the closer you get to the end, the faster it goes!
a harpsichord?

accompanist/organist.. a non-MTNA teacher to a few

love and peace, Õun (apple in Estonian)
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Cool, for some reason I was expecting some kind of extensive multi-movement piano sonata or something. I played it. Quite a pleasant little piece. Reminds me of something I just can't put my finger on it.

JOHN
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Piano World 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Recommended Songs for Beginners
by FreddyM - 04/16/24 03:20 PM
New DP for a 10 year old
by peelaaa - 04/16/24 02:47 PM
Estonia 1990
by Iberia - 04/16/24 11:01 AM
Very Cheap Piano?
by Tweedpipe - 04/16/24 10:13 AM
Practical Meaning of SMP
by rneedle - 04/16/24 09:57 AM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,392
Posts3,349,302
Members111,634
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission