2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
71 members (Charles Cohen, AlkansBookcase, 36251, benkeys, 20/20 Vision, bcalvanese, booms, Bruce Sato, Carey, 10 invisible), 1,930 guests, and 264 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Dan Offline OP
1000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
1000 Post Club Member
Business may take me to Philadelphia in early September. If this happens, I would be in the city with free time Friday evening (Sept 12) thru Sunday morning (Sept 14).

I would enjoy meeting any forum members in the area, but if that doesn't work out I'd also enjoy your recommendations on what there is to see about town on a Saturday.

Regards,
Dan

J
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
J
Originally posted by Dan:
Business may take me to Philadelphia in early September. If this happens, I would be in the city with free time Friday evening (Sept 12) thru Sunday morning (Sept 14).

I would enjoy meeting any forum members in the area, but if that doesn't work out I'd also enjoy your recommendations on what there is to see about town on a Saturday.

Regards,
Dan
hmmm... Saturdays are very bad for me especially in September because it's our busiest time of year. Saturday evening may be doable but it would be difficult.

In any case, Philadelphia is a beautiful city. Do you like history? There are plenty of historical hotspots. Or do you like art museums? You may want to look into what's playing or showing at the Kimmel Center.
Do you want to stay in the city or would you like to venture out a little bit?

check out:
http://www.gophila.com/favorites/

Enjoy!

Platinum Subscriber
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
Platinum Subscriber
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
Dan,

Call me or email. If you are in town, I would enjoy meeting you in person.

Rich Galassini
Cunningham Piano Company
Visit one of our four locations
(215) 991-0834 direct
rich@cunninghampiano.com
Learn more about the Matchless Cunningham
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Hi, Dan:

Sadly, I don't think I will be available to meet with you that weekend - but I do hope that you have the chance to visit with Rich at Cunningham Piano.

Aside from making the round of historical sights, you might consider visiting the Philadelphia Museum of Art. They have a "Friday Evenings at the Museum" series that features food, jazz, and art - a great combination! And the pianos used in the performance are supplied courtesy of none other than Cunningham Piano!

Friday Evenings at the Museum

September 12th Program - Jacky Terrasson Trio

As far as activities on Saturday, the kid in me always enjoys visiting the Franklin Institute. It's a funky science museum and planetarium that offers various exhibitions and demonstrations. Since school will be back in session and since it will still be too early for teachers to have arranged field trips, you may find that this is the perfect weekend for an "uncrowded" visit to the Institute.

Franklin Institute Basic Visit Guide

Whatever you choose to do, I hope you have a great visit to the City of Brotherly Love!

. . . Linda

Dan Offline OP
1000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
1000 Post Club Member
Thanks for the ideas. And Linda, thanks for taking the time to forward your message to my regular e-mail.

Right now, my plans allow me 2 full days in Philadelphia.

I'm hoping to get in touch with Rich to go by Cunningham pianos sometime on Friday morning and meet him.

Friday afternoon I'm planning on spending at the Historical Society of Philadelphia researching some of my ancestors (I'm kind of a genealogy nut, and have several family members who lived in the Philadelphia area in the late 1600's).

Friday night looks like a good time to visit the Philadelphia Museum of Art for the music and to start a museum tour.

Saturday I'm planning on spending the whole day at the Museum of Art.

Saturday night I've been told I have to have a Philly Cheese Steak at either Pat's or Geno's (or both!). For those who've partaken of these two establishments, which would you recommend?

Regards,
Dan

Moderated by  Piano World 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Recommended Songs for Beginners
by FreddyM - 04/16/24 03:20 PM
New DP for a 10 year old
by peelaaa - 04/16/24 02:47 PM
Estonia 1990
by Iberia - 04/16/24 11:01 AM
Very Cheap Piano?
by Tweedpipe - 04/16/24 10:13 AM
Practical Meaning of SMP
by rneedle - 04/16/24 09:57 AM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,391
Posts3,349,282
Members111,634
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission