2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
68 members (20/20 Vision, bcalvanese, booms, Cominut, 36251, Bruce Sato, Carey, crab89, AlkansBookcase, 11 invisible), 2,009 guests, and 294 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
A
A441 Offline OP
OP Offline
A
Save the dates....Saturday October 13 and October 14. The wonderful hosts from last year are chomping at the bit for another musical fun time. The gathering Saturday will be at the same homes in Orleans, Marilyn and Keith Harrisons, Helga and John Williams, and Roberta Lang and Ed Bonacci's. The Sunday brunch will be at Kathy and Tom Howes home in South Orleans. The Howes have a new August Forster 190 6'4" grand. Last years hosts all have Mason&Hamlin grands.

Stay in tune......details to follow.

Jeremy Gloo
A441

A441
Piano World Founder - Piano Tuner - Pianist
6000 Post Club Member
6000 Post Club Member
In case you are wondering about this party, I can tell you we all had a GREAT time last year...

http://www.pianoworld.com/ubb/ubb/ultimatebb.php?/topic/22/109/3.html

Check out the pictures and stories.

4 Pianos, 4 Houses, 2 Days!
>Mark your calendar for the Oct. 2007 party, and respond to this thread.<

From Last Year (as posted by TerryTunes):

I managed to take 75 or so photos of this phenomenal weekend event!

But first, I'd like to especially thank the host familes for so graciously opening their homes and allowing this event to be the very special event that it was.

So, Special Thanks to;

Keith & Marilyn Harrison - 1928 M&H A
[Linked Image]

John and Helga Williams - 1933 M&H B
[Linked Image]

Roberta Bonacci 2002 M&H A
[Linked Image]

The Gloo Family Steinway O 1906
Jerry, Linda, Eric (sitting) and Paul
[Linked Image]

PW Group Photo
[Linked Image]

And some food pictures...

Our favorite room (hey, you get hungry when you play)...

[Linked Image]

The Dining Room (Ed Bonacci & Roberta Lang's house)
[Linked Image]

- Frank B.
Original Founder of Piano World
Owner of...
www.PianoSupplies.com
Maine Piano Man

My Keyboards:
Estonia L-190, Roland RD88, Yamaha P-80, Bilhorn Telescope Organ c 1880, Antique Pump Organ, 1850 concertina, 3 other digital pianos
-------------------------
My original piece on BandCamp: https://frankbaxtermrpianoworld.bandcamp.com/releases

Me banging out some tunes in the Estonia piano booth at the NAMM show...

It's Fun To Play the Piano ... PLEASE Pass It On!

3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
yippie

"Hunger for growth will come to you in the form of a problem." -- unknown
Hi everyone

I have set up to program a "Guinguette" every Sunday afternoon at my new LE GRAND FRISSON concert hall in Stanstead, Quebec. I would like to attend this Cape Cod gathering but I am wondering how. Here are some questions :

Can I attend only saturday?

At what time exactly the events take place on saturday?

Maybe I can sleep overnite at Hotel on Friday and attend all Saturday during the day an drive back home (500Km) Saturday night? I figure it is at least a 4 hours drive.

At what time is the brunch on Sunday?

BTW "Guinguette" is the old french musette accordion music from Paris.

E
E
Hi Mario,

Yes you can attend only on Saturday.

Last year the Saturday party started about noon to 1PM, we expect the program to be about the same as last year. There are three houses that are back to back (a triangle) and we will probably spend a couple of hours at each house (with food and drinks at each). Each house has a Mason & Hamlin (2 model A's and a BB) which is available to play - and is played most of the time. Dinner is served at the last house. Last year the people who stayed at the Skaket Motel continued the party at the motel.

I checked Street Atlas - 315 miles (506 Km) and about 5 1/2 hours drive time. Last year most people stayed at the Skaket Motel (Telephone 1-800-835-0298). Most of the out of town guests stayed at the motel on Saturday night.

We have new hosts for the Sunday Brunch in nearby South Orleans, so I don't know this years plans but last year the brunch was from 10 to 1.

We hope to see you,

Ed

A

Gold Member until February 2010

A
I am hosting the Sunday Brunch this year and looking forward to it. I am in South Orleans, about 10 minutes from the homes for the Saturday gathering. I understand last year the Sunday Brunch was from 10am-1pm which we'll do again this year.
I have an August Foerster 190 and am looking forward to sharing it with all of you!
Kathy

4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
This was such a wonderful get together last year. It was a piano party that never ended!

Beautiful homes, nice pianos, banquets that couldn't be beat, and meeting musical friends. The pianos were always being played by someone. What fun!

Kathy - we are looking forward to your brunch and the August Forster. ;-)

How ever long it takes to get there...it should be the ultimate fall vacation!

Yes...many of us stayed at this low keyed, inexpensive motel. Parties could continue there, and might, but with the whole day's activities and with our full bellies, unless Frank B twists our arms, some of us might have to snooze!

LL

"Music gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, and life to everything."
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
I'll be making the gathering on the Cape this year.

I hope folks really make an effort to get to this one.

The setting among the houses is simply stunning!

Not to mention the hosts and hostesses ...

"It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt."
Mark Twain

E. J. Buck & Sons
Lowell MA 01852
978 458 8688
www.ejbuckpiano.com
http://www.facebook.com/EJBuckPerformances
E
E
Less than 3 weeks (Saturday October 13 and Sunday October 14) and counting down to the Cape Cod 2007 Piano party. On Cape there is a lot going on: planning, shopping and cooking. But, we don't know how many people are coming this year. Please give us some hints, if you are planning to come please let us know, and ask your piano friends to do the same (this forum is a good way to let us know).

To quote Novelinda from last year "Those of you who are planning to stay overnight, here are some websites or phone numbers for local motels.
Skaket Beach Motel in Orleans MA is a right turn off Exit 12 from Rt. 6 and your easiest access to the party. Telephone 1-800-835-0298.

The Cove Motel in Orleans is on Rt. 28 across from the Christmas Tree Shop. www.thecoveorleans.com

In Eastham on Rt. 6 there are 2 motels next to each other. They are only 3 min. from the Gloo's where the brunch is being held on Sun. morning. One is the Sheraton www.fourpoints.com and the other is Ocean Park Inn www.oceanparkinn-eastham.com
Please let me know if you need further directions to any of these motels."

Last year most visitors stayed at the Skaket Beach Motel.

We are all looking forward to seeing you on Oct 13.

E
E
Correction: Kathy is hosting the 2007 Sunday Brunch in South Orleans; she has a August Foerster 190.

The Gloo's hosted the brunch in 2006 and Jerry Gloo will be making sure that all the piano's are ready to be played at the 2007 party.

A
A441 Offline OP
OP Offline
A
Linda and Jerry Gloo will be attending both Sat. and Sun. Jim Gloo and Karen Zunti will also be coming. Alec and Lilly Kuzmeskas are practicing and will be there. We have 4 other friends from New York State who have indicated they will be here. Just waiting on final confirmation from them. Brenda Halter will be there and maybe son John. Jim Cullem and Lee Chapman from Dennis are also coming. Jerry is contacting others this week and we will give a final number by end of the week.

For some unknown reason we are unable to post from our web tv. So we are using our pc.

Less than 2 weeks to go. Hope to hear from more of you soon.

Linda Gloo novelinda

A441
6000 Post Club Member
6000 Post Club Member
I will be there, wouldn't miss it.

I just have to figure out what I did with my @#$%@ directions from last year.

Let's go folks, this is one of the big events of the year.

Who else is going to join us??
And.... where are you staying (I haven't made reservations yet, oops).

- Frank B.
Owner of...
www.PianoSupplies.com
Maine Piano Man

My Keyboards:
Estonia L-190, Roland RD88, Yamaha P-80, Bilhorn Telescope Organ c 1880, Antique Pump Organ, 1850 concertina, 3 other digital pianos
My original piece on BandCamp: https://frankbaxtermrpianoworld.bandcamp.com/releases

500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
I would love to come, but my husband and I have decided to celebrate our wedding anniversary in..um...another way. Have a great time and can't wait to hear about it and see pictures.

If I had ever learnt, I should have been a great proficient.
[Linked Image]
E
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
E
I will be attending, and so will my brother, Paul. Looking forward to it!

Eric Gloo
Piano Technician
Certified Dampp-Chaser Installer
Richfield Springs, New York
6000 Post Club Member
6000 Post Club Member
Looks like I'll be coming solo. Darn, Rusty, I'd love to meet you! Sure you can't bump your celebration?

6000 Post Club Member
6000 Post Club Member
It looks like my sister will be joining us this year.

I'm taking her to Jeffrey Biegel's performance with the Hartford Symphony Orchestra this weekend ( http://www.pianoworld.com/ubb/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?/topic/12/269.html ), I'll work on her some more then :-)

- Frank B.
Owner of...
www.PianoSupplies.com
Maine Piano Man

My Keyboards:

Darn, I have to miss another one. Thanks, Jeremy, for the call. Just as I was last year, I'm out west. One difference though, this time it's permanent. I have just become the resident of a 55+ resort community in Peoria, Arizona. My piano is with me in my living room but I am still unpacking so haven't started looking for a new teacher yet, or a good technician to tune it after its 2700 mile trip. I'll be thinking of all my New England Piano World friends and I'll be looking forward to seeing the pictures. Have a wonderful weekend. By the way I would have missed it anyway because I will be on a cruise that weekend.

Lee B.
Darn, I have to miss this one!

Thanks for your warm invitations. Would I have liked to join you. My wife and I where so happy to get to Cape Cod for a *piano* vacation. We had planed it but I just got a confirmation for a gig this same weekend. I just can't refuse it.

Enjoy your weekend and play those pianos!

500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Originally posted by kathyk:
Looks like I'll be coming solo. Darn, Rusty, I'd love to meet you! Sure you can't bump your celebration?
frown That would have been great. Unfortunately, October is silly season for us, including this anniversary, three of our four birthdays, and Halloween, including a Halloween recital. My SO convinced me that we would be insane to try to add something else--plus he works on weekends. So, next non-October piano party, I'm there...

Lee--congratulations on your move. Hope you love it there.

[Linked Image]
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
I'm sorry to report that I won't be making it this year. Bummer.

Everyone have a total blast.

"Hunger for growth will come to you in the form of a problem." -- unknown
Originally posted by Piano World:
I will be there, wouldn't miss it.
...Let's go folks, this is one of the big events of the year.
Who else is going to join us??...
Would have loved to be there and meet everyone, but I'll miss it by one week. I will arrive in the Boston area only Sat night the 20th.
Have a great time.
Regards,
Rami (who returned from his NZ tour and managed to upload Milonga del Angel onto his YouTube page: http://youtube.com/watch?v=fAtQMHTIyMs )

N
N
Just 5 days till party time. Remember to dust off and bring your Piano World namecards.

Sat. we begin at noon at Harrisons. Then about 2:00 or so we walk through the woods to Williams. About 4 we will then go to Ed Bonacci and his sister Roberta's house. At all 3 places you will be able to play and listen to their M & H grands.

Sun morning Kathy Howes is serving brunch from 10-1or so. They have a new August Forster 6' 4 for our playing and listening pleasure.

I talked to all 4 hostesses this morning. They are preparing lots of good food but would welcome more appetizers, main courses, desserts and wine or beverages. Nothing huge as so many of you are traveling, but if you have a specialty, that would be great.

At this point we have 35 definitely coming and 8 more possible. Lots of new faces this year. Frank will have a ball recruiting new members to Piano World.

We sure will miss Terrytunes and John Citron and Bernard who are always at these parties.

See you Sat. Send me a message if you have a question.

Linda Gloo

Linda Gloo
6000 Post Club Member
6000 Post Club Member
Looking forward to it, should be a great weekend.
Made my reservations at the Skaket Beach Motel, hoping my sister joins us.

Can someone pm or direct email me phone numbers for our hosts?
I have directions from last year, but there's always a chance I'll get lost (I often do).

- Frank B.
Owner of...
www.PianoSupplies.com
Maine Piano Man

My Keyboards:

6000 Post Club Member
6000 Post Club Member
Oops,
Turns out I don't have a reservation, the online interface accepted it, but turns out the are sold out.

Trying to find another place now.

- Frank B.
Owner of...
www.PianoSupplies.com
Maine Piano Man

My Keyboards:

E
E
Hi All,

Here are some directions:

From the south or west I 95 (CT turnpike) to Providence, I 195 to I 495 which becomes Rt 25, then follow the signs to Rt 6 (the mid cape highway). Get off at X 12, turn right at the end of the ramp, to the first traffic light (less than one block), [the Skaket Beach Motel is on your right], turn right at the light onto Eldridge Parkwa
y, after two more traffic lights Eldridge Parkway becomes Tonset Rd. Follow Tonset for 2 miles to Freeman Lane, bear left on Freeman for about 1/4 mi, we are the first house on the right (51 Freeman Lane) after the Snow Point turn around. The party begins at the Harrisons at the end of Uncle Jim's lane (#15) which is the first right turn after our house.

If you are coming from the west get onto I495 and follow the directions above from I495.

If you are coming from the north then Rt 3 south is the best bet. Follow it to the new flyover and across the Sagamore Bridge onto Rt 6. Then get off at exit 12 as above.

Here are some websites or phone numbers for local motels.

Skaket Beach Motel in Orleans MA is a right turn off Exit 12 from Rt. 6 and your easiest access to the party. Telephone 1-800-835-0298. Frank reports that they are all booked up. http://www.skaketbeachmotel.com/

The Cove Motel in Orleans is on Rt. 28 across from the Christmas Tree Shop. www.thecoveorleans.com

In Eastham on Rt. 6 there are 2 motels next to each other. One is the Sheraton www.fourpoints.com and the other is Ocean Park Inn www.oceanparkinn-eastham.com

Also in Orleans is the delightful Nauset House Inn
http://www.nausethouseinn.com/index.htm

Last year most visitors stayed at the Skaket Beach Motel.

See you all on Saturday!!!

A

A
Hello All-
Hoping everyone who attends the Saturday Open Houses in Orleans will also come to the Sunday Brunch at our home in South Orleans starting at 10am. Anyone who can attend Sunday only--please come too! I will have directions to our home (about a 10 minute drive south) available at the Saturday parties.

Any questions (my phone, directions, etc.) please contact me via PM. Looking forward to meeting everyone and hearing my Foerster 190 sing!
Kathy

3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
Frank...I would think you should have some kind of PULL...lol bummer...

Will be thinking of you guys...hope you have great weather, I already know your going to have a great time...envious

have fun...don't eat to much...

Les Koltvedt
Servicing the Greater Atlanta area
www.LKPianos.com
PTG Associate
6000 Post Club Member
6000 Post Club Member
Oops,
Turns out I don't have a reservation, the online interface accepted it, but turns out the are sold out.

Frank, I just called there. They have a couple of rooms "on hold" and they're waiting for firm confirmations. If they don't hear by tomorrow am, they'll be free. I have dibs on one.

What time do the festivities begin on Sat.?

E
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
E
kathyk,

This is from my mother's post on Page 1....

"Sat. we begin at noon at Harrisons. Then about 2:00 or so we walk through the woods to Williams. About 4 we will then go to Ed Bonacci and his sister Roberta's house. At all 3 places you will be able to play and listen to their M & H grands.

Sun morning Kathy Howes is serving brunch from 10-1or so. They have a new August Forster 6' 4 for our playing and listening pleasure."

Eric Gloo
Piano Technician
6000 Post Club Member
6000 Post Club Member
[b] Oops,

Frank, I just called there. They have a couple of rooms "on hold" and they're waiting for firm confirmations. If they don't hear by tomorrow am, they'll be free. I have dibs on one.

What time do the festivities begin on Sat.? [/b]
I asked them to let me know if something opens up too. I made a reservation with the Ocean Park Inn online, but can't confirm by phone because the don't answer.
May have to move to the Four Points (Sheraton), a bit pricey but may have no choice.
Will decide tomorrow morning.

- Frank B.
Owner of...
www.PianoSupplies.com
Maine Piano Man

My Keyboards:

6000 Post Club Member
6000 Post Club Member
Got a room at the Seashore Park Inn, only thing I could find.

Seashore Park Inn
24 Canal Road, Orleans, MA

Toll Free Reservations: 1-800-772-6453

- Frank B.
Owner of...
www.PianoSupplies.com
Maine Piano Man

My Keyboards:

6000 Post Club Member
6000 Post Club Member
Thanks Eric. I need to read more carefully. I had seen the post, but missed the noon part.

6000 Post Club Member
6000 Post Club Member
It looks like Lilylady and Beelady won't be coming after all - a death in Roberta's family and Beelady is overwhelmed with work and duties at home. frown Since I'll be make the trek alone, I was somewhat hesitant. But, doggone - it's hard to pass up such a great party. So, I just booked a cute little room at the Nauset Inn - their only single room. Thanks for the tip, Ed. thumb

4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
I hope you guys are having a festive time! Missing being there, so hoping you all are taking lots of pics to share.

Play it again..., Roberta

"Music gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, and life to everything."
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Well? Yoo hoo? Anybody there?

[Linked Image]
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
It looks like Lilylady and Beelady won't be coming after all - a death in Roberta's family and Beelady is overwhelmed with work and duties at home. frown Since I'll be make the trek alone, I was somewhat hesitant. But, doggone - it's hard to pass up such a great party. So, I just booked a cute little room at the Nauset Inn - their only single room. Thanks for the tip, Ed. thumb
now that makes me jealous..

sigh

accompanist/organist.. a non-MTNA teacher to a few

love and peace, Õun (apple in Estonian)
6000 Post Club Member
6000 Post Club Member
This was another absolutely amazing piano party. I am still just basking in the after glow and feeling invigorated and inspired to learn new pieces. I always feel like it must sound like so much hyperbole when I describe these things, but there's no other way to describe them. Having attended last year's Cape Cod party, this one was every bit as wonderful, in spite of missing some of the regulars - Beelady, TerryTunes (I can't get over her priorities - choosing to attend her daughter's wedding rather than this party), Lilylady, John Citroen, Bernard, Jeanne and Ax, to name a few. In fact, there were surprisingly few PianoWorld members at this party, but the Cape Cod piano contingent made up for the lack. Before posting pics, I have to apologize for having missed some very key players - one of our hostesses, Helga and Larry Buck who was our on site piano problem trouble shooter. Had I been on top of things, I would have caught some good shots of him under a few of the pianos. At any rate, there were a lot of other cameras flashing and clicking, so I expect a lot of other better photos will follow.

The days could not have been more beautiful. Bright sunshine and cool crisp days illuminated the charming beauty of the cape and of all four of the beautiful homes of our hosts. The Nauset Inn where I ended up by sheer last minute happenstance was another unexpected delight. The owners and the guests (many of them regulars for many years) were an absolute delight, as were the accommodations. I think that's where I'll be staying for future Cape Cod ventures. For a little flavor of the environ, here's a shot from my morning stroll just before attending Kathy's Sunday morning brunch.

[Linked Image]

And here are are wonderful hosts. I didn't think to take these pictures until Sunday, and alas, Helga was unavailable.

[Linked Image]

Roberta Lang and Ed Bonacci

[Linked Image]

Marilyn and Keith Harrison and John Williams (without the lovely Helga)

[Linked Image]

Kathy and Tom Howes

Jerry Gloo and Linda deserve special thanks again for pulling together the whole event. All of the hosts are former clients of Jerry. I don't know what kind of power he holds over them to get them to continue opening their homes to so much riff raff, but I hope he keeps it up. They also need to be commended for bringing their brood of three sons and a daughter-in-law to these parties. What a lovely family.

There were a number of new faces this year (for me anyway). There were two pianists who bear special mention. Ed Papier from NYC. Ed was as much of a pianophile as any of us here and what a great pianist. He played Brahms, Bach, Rachmaninoff, Mozart - the full range of classics. We ended up pulling out some four hand stuff we each had in our bags of tricks. We snuck a ten minute rehearsal in at Helga’s and John’s as the others were off to Ed and Roberta’s and had a grand time (pun intended) performing them for the group. What fun! If Ed doesn’t join PianoWorld, I'll have to send a posse out to NYC to nab him.

[Linked Image]

Ed Playing

The other person new to me who absolutely wowed, was Jim Cullen. This fellow is a bassist by trade and has played with many big names through his career. But, put a piano in front of him, name a tune - any tune - any he will roll it out like the best of them. Absolutely amazing.

[Linked Image]

6000 Post Club Member
6000 Post Club Member
As usual, the food was copious and wonderful.

[Linked Image]

Preliminary bisque and appetizers at Marilyn's and Keith’s house

[Linked Image]

Buffet at Roberta’s and Ed’s house

[Linked Image]

Frank and I guarding the mimosa station at Kathy’s and Tom’s

[Linked Image]

Attentive listeners along with one of Helga’s and John’s charming standard poodles. Those dogs are such a riot, constantly goading each other to play and veritable sponges for petting. There were several other doggy stars - the Howe's Italian Spinoza (??) a Marmaduke-size gentle giant that looked sort of like an overgrown aerdale and the Williams' cute little spaniels.

[Linked Image]

Eric playing. I wish he would have played more. He has a really nice style.

[Linked Image]

Jerry is another who can just lull you with his smooth playing of the old standards. He and Jim had a competitive thing going, though, that the bouncers had to break up a couple of times.

[Linked Image]

This is John Halter who has attended other piano parties. I had heard him play at one of Larry Buck’s parties. What a talented young fellow!

6000 Post Club Member
6000 Post Club Member
Oh, and did I mention the pianos? What a line up. Four pianos to die for. The two older but powerful MHs. The Harrison's has a mellow beauty and the Williams' had power. Then there is Roberts's newish Rosewood beauty. Larry Buck had recently worked his magic on it, loosening up a fairly stiff action. And the Howes' Forster just melted to the touch.

[Linked Image]

This is Kathy and Tom’s son who did a rousing ragtime.

[Linked Image]

Roberta, Marilyn and Kathy’s and Tom’s son and daughter listening to Ed.

[Linked Image]

Another rapt audience. That’s Frank’s sister, Barbara with the piano-striped shirt. What a sweetheart she is, and I do believe we have a new piano party junky. To the far right is the Howes children’s piano teacher - also a very accomplished pianist.

6000 Post Club Member
6000 Post Club Member
Kathy is right, it's hard to put into words how wonderful these parties are.

Again this year I was hoping one of the host families would adopt me, but no takers.
They were probably thinking about what it would take to feed me:-)
(You can tell by my pictures why my doctor keeps telling me to lose 50lbs, never going to happen if I keep going to these parties).

Our heartfelt thanks to our repeat hosts, and to our new hosts this year, Kathy & Tom Howes and family.

I'm going to try to caption my pictures, but I know I'll get something wrong (someone else can jump in). You can easily tell by the beautiful settings and the smiles on people's faces that everyone had a great time. How could you not?

[Linked Image]
A dog in the Harrison's back yard, teaching Larry how to throw a pumpkin shaped ball.

[Linked Image]

Jeremy at the Harrison's (Mason & Hamlin) piano

[Linked Image]
Linda Gloo (Jeremy's wife) taking a picture, in the Harrison's kitchen

[Linked Image]
Jeremy at the William's (Mason & Hamlin) piano

[Linked Image]

Food at Ed & Roberta's

[Linked Image]

The rapt audience while Kathy K. plays Roberta & Ed's (Mason & Hamlin) piano.

[Linked Image]

The group gathers at the Howes' (our new hosts for the Sunday brunch this year). And of course, more food.

[Linked Image]

The Howes did an amazing job of renovating and adding onto what was a much smaller house.
Believe it of not, this was orginally the garage and breezeway!

More pictures continued below

- Frank B.
Owner of...
www.PianoSupplies.com
Maine Piano Man

My Keyboards:

6000 Post Club Member
6000 Post Club Member
[Linked Image]

New member Ed from NY and KathyK play a duet, much to the delight of their audience.

[Linked Image]

The Howe's piano teacher (I believe her name was Deborah, someone correct me if I'm wrong). A most interesting woman to chat with. We're hoping she will become a member.

[Linked Image]

Duncan Howes got everyone's attention with a lively (and very well done) ragtime number.

[Linked Image]

We pause for the traditional group shot.
I'm not going to try to name everyone because I'm bad with names (someone feel free to jump in).

[Linked Image]

Sorry, I've forgotten this young ladies name (told you I was bad with names), but she played beautifully. I'm always thrilled when young people play, we're counting on them to carry the torch!

[Linked Image]
Quinn (sp?) Howes and KathyK improvise a duet (bravo).

[Linked Image]

Another young lady who's name I've forgotten (oy, I should take notes). She plunked around a bit like she couldn't really play, then got serious (yup, she can play :-)

[Linked Image]

Jeremy plays the Howes' August Forster piano.
What a beautiful tone the piano had. Warm and full bodied.
(interesting side note, I googled August Forster to make sure I was spelling it correctly. The top two results were both from the Piano World Forums).

A couple more pictures follow below

- Frank B.
Owner of...
www.PianoSupplies.com
Maine Piano Man

My Keyboards:

6000 Post Club Member
6000 Post Club Member
[Linked Image]

Kathy Howes (our Sunday brunch host) finally gives into our prodding, and plays two pieces for us. Nice job Kathy!

[Linked Image]

Finding the Howes' house is a bit of a challenge, the streets curve every which way. They kindly placed signs along the route in, finishing up with this one in front of their house.

I will be posting more pictures later
Ed Bonacci kindly gave me a cd of pictures he and Larry Buck took with their high-end cameras.
I will work on getting them up later, so make sure you check back (I'm sure others will be posting too).

If you were thinking of joining us this year and didn't, you missed a wonderful weekend on the Cape.

If we're lucky, we will get to do it all again next year (I can see our hosts rolling their eyes now).

If we do, make sure you join us, you will be glad you did.

Thanks again to everyone who welcomed us into their beautiful homes, to Jeremy for helping to pull it all together (and for tuning 3 of the pianos), to Larry Buck for working on and tuning one of the pianos, to everyone who played (with particular thanks to the younger set for indulging us), and to everyone who listened but didn't play.

Roberta & Marilyn, everyone is looking forward to your duet next year :-)

Until next time...

All the Best,

- Frank B.

- Frank B.
Owner of...
www.PianoSupplies.com
Maine Piano Man

My Keyboards:

500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Thanks for posting the pictures. It must have been wonderful.

[Linked Image]
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
Thank you for sharing the pics and telling us about the party. Looks like everyone is having a good time. Wish I could have participated but I was there in my heart. Even played a couple of pieces in your honor.

Did Frank rock? Did Jeremy do his Victor Borge routine? Were barefeet a requirement at the Howes? ;-)

LL

3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
Thanks for the pics...really need to schedule a fall vacation on the Cape for '08. Looks like you had great weather too, nice and sunny. lilylady...I thought Frank played Classical?? at least thats the way he ALWAYS STARTS OUT...LOL. jk

Les Koltvedt
www.LKPianos.com
PTG Associate
6000 Post Club Member
6000 Post Club Member
Frank - - classical? smile ha

He *did* do his Moonlight Sonata rendition. Here's a recording of the last 15 seconds or so from last year's Cape party.

Moonlit Frank

Frank is into big rock. He makes the piano and the whole room rock and roll when he plays. In addition to his wild Moonlight rendition, he did a number of old chestnut rock tunes, like Sonny (which he told us, he has the original score to. Come to a piano party and maybe you can hear the story).

Gee, sorry to have missed all that fun and music.
Regards,
Rami

E
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
E
Thanks for posting all of those photos (although my dial-up connection and/or computer won't let me view them all...instead, I get little boxes with a red "X" in them).

It truly was a wonderful weekend and it was a pleasure to see all of you again.

Kathy, thanks for your kind words regarding my playing. The reason I don't play more at these gatherings is nerves. It really bothers me to play in front of a listening and watching audience...and always has.

I consider myself more an accompanist than a solo performer. I have no trouble accompanying a 75-member high school choir, probably because during their concerts, the audience is paying attention to the singers, not to me. Plus, I have my back to the audience! I've also been the rehearsal accompanist for 8 high school / community theater musicals over the past few years...at which, again, I'm not nervous about playing at all.

So, next year, I'll bring some vocal music and you can all sing along while I play! AND TerryTunes and I will learn a duet.

Eric Gloo
Piano Technician
5000 Post Club Member
5000 Post Club Member
this looks like it was such a fabulous time! mr. pique and i will have to join you all next year.

piqué

now in paperback:
[Linked Image]

Grand Obsession: A Piano Odyssey
6000 Post Club Member
6000 Post Club Member
A few more pictures, in case you weren't jealous enough yet :-)

[Linked Image]
Fritz or Nikki?

[Linked Image]
The Harrison's before we attacked

[Linked Image]
Food at Roberta and Ed's

[Linked Image]
Dynamic Duet (Ed and KathyK)

[Linked Image]

Becket (sp?)

[Linked Image]

Ed playing the William's Mason & Hamlin

[Linked Image]

Larry Buck tuning up Ed & Roberta's Mason & Hamlin

Will post a few more when I have a chance.

- Frank B.
Owner of...
www.PianoSupplies.com
Maine Piano Man

My Keyboards:

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
The pics and reviews have been fabulous!! And to think I gave up the CC Piano gathering for
[Linked Image]
....my youngest daughter's glorious Catskill wedding! laugh

Hopefully, the CC gathering will continue in '08 and you can bet I'll not miss the next one!

What a wonderful collection of pics from the gathering. It has been such a treat to see all of you from the CC area looking just as stunning as you all did last year! I truly missed sharing this event with ALL of you!

Cathy Howe... such a generous offer in opening your home and piano to everyone.

KK: Missed YOU!! thumb

Jerry, Linda & Ed and all the rest of the CC group who worked on putting this gathering together... you did a great job! wink

500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
TT, I was just thinking about whether you were going to post about the wedding. You and your daughter look so happy and beautiful--I hope the wedding was truly wonderful, and best wishes to the bride & groom for a happy and full life together.

Looks like you had a gorgeous day for it. October weddings are the best!

{back to our regularly scheduled thread}

[Linked Image]
6000 Post Club Member
6000 Post Club Member
Terry, I was hoping to hear from you here. Well, now having seen your glowingly beautiful daughter, I have to reluctantly excuse your absence from the party. Someone did a great job of photo-shopping the fall foliage background in the wedding picture. Seriously, that looks like a Monet painting. And it looks like just a gorgeous wedding; you look wonderful and Steve as handsome as ever - and you're both totally beaming.

3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
... Someone did a great job of photo-shopping the fall foliage background in the wedding picture. Seriously, that looks like a Monet painting. And it looks like just a gorgeous wedding; you look wonderful and Steve as handsome as ever - and you're both totally beaming.
DITTO HERE ... congratulations

Deb & Les

Les Koltvedt
www.LKPianos.com
PTG Associate
H
hv Offline
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
H
Looks like a wonderful party and I'm so sorry I missed it. Oddly enough I was staying in Brewster for work at REO Studios in Centerville Tues and Wed of that week while it rained outside much of the time. So close and yet so far. And had to be up past Watertown, NY for a piano festival all weekend. But it was my 1st trip to the Cape and although I didn't get to see much, it was enough to make me want to return. With a little luck I hope to make a future piano party if you folks ever do it again.

Howard

6000 Post Club Member
6000 Post Club Member
As mentioned earlier, there was a shamefully small contingent of PW people this time, but thanks to Jgloo, that was more than made up for by the large contingent of Cape Cod pianophiles and friends. I keep hoping that more of them will sign up and chime in here. There were more than a few that could easily become PW regulars if they dared (how's that for a challenge?)

6000 Post Club Member
6000 Post Club Member
As mentioned earlier, there was a shamefully small contingent of PW people this time, but thanks to Jgloo, that was more than made up for by the large contingent of Cape Cod pianophiles and friends. I keep hoping that more of them will sign up and chime in here. There were more than a few that could easily become PW regulars if they dared (how's that for a challenge?)
I agree Kathy, they should step up to the plate :-)
I was also hoping they'd post more pictures, and maybe help identify some of the people in the group picture.

One of them (the women in the dark blue vest kneeling to the right of the piano in the big group shot) expressed an interest in holding a piano forums party in her home in Lexington, MA.

She has her mother's Steinway grand (her mother was a concert pianist).

- Frank B.
Owner of...
www.PianoSupplies.com
Maine Piano Man

My Keyboards:

J
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
J
What a fantastic party--the photos are beautiful!

N
N
Hi everyone. Jerry and I have been thorougly enjoying all the wonderful pictures and comments from the Piano Party. Thank you all for posting. And Terry, what a wonderful wedding it must have been. Your dress is beautiful and your daughter is so pretty and Steve, that husband of yours, is very debonair

I do have a list of names from the group photo. I'm missing a couple first names but you will get the idea. Back row left to right: Mr Longerstaey, Frank, Paul GLoo, John Williams, Larry Buck, Barbara (Frank's sister), Eric Gloo, Jeremy Gloo, Marilyn Harrison, Linda Gloo, Jim Cullem, Lee Chapman, Keith Harrison.

Seated: Ed Bonnaci, Ed Papier, Quinn Howes, Kathy K., Roberta Lang, Kathy Howes, Mrs. Longerstaey, her daughter Oriane in front of her, Anoush Longerstaey, and Duncan Howes.

Not everyone who came on Sat. is in this photo. Missing are Ike and Fay Cole, Jim Gloo and Karen Zunti, Brenda and John Halter, Helga Williams, Beckett, and Sandy Godonski.

We had 13 wonderful pianists perform their hearts out. What a joy!

More to follow and some pics, I hope.

Linda Gloo
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Piano World 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
New DP for a 10 year old
by peelaaa - 04/16/24 02:47 PM
Estonia 1990
by Iberia - 04/16/24 11:01 AM
Very Cheap Piano?
by Tweedpipe - 04/16/24 10:13 AM
Practical Meaning of SMP
by rneedle - 04/16/24 09:57 AM
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,391
Posts3,349,282
Members111,634
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission