2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
70 members (Barly, 1957, btcomm, brennbaer, Animisha, bobrunyan, 1200s, 36251, 13 invisible), 1,912 guests, and 351 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Piano World Founder - Piano Tuner - Pianist
6000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
6000 Post Club Member
<font size="+1">The Official 2008 Mason & Hamlin Factory Tour Date Is...
Monday, May 12 (starting at 9:00 a.m.)
</font>

See the start of this thread for information about joining us for this great tour (our 5th year in a row).

- Frank B.
Original Founder of Piano World
Owner of...
www.PianoSupplies.com
Maine Piano Man

My Keyboards:
Estonia L-190, Roland RD88, Yamaha P-80, Bilhorn Telescope Organ c 1880, Antique Pump Organ, 1850 concertina, 3 other digital pianos
-------------------------
My original piece on BandCamp: https://frankbaxtermrpianoworld.bandcamp.com/releases

Me banging out some tunes in the Estonia piano booth at the NAMM show...

It's Fun To Play the Piano ... PLEASE Pass It On!

Email sent. Just kidding, Frank...

We are looking forward to seeing all of you who will be coming to this year's Mason & Hamlin factory tour. Although the tour is about a week later than it has been in previous years, we hope that the new date will give more of you a chance to visit us in Haverhill.

Terrytunes wrote to me last month about the 2008 tour and I know that she is working with the Fredericks and Larry Buck to put together some fun piano events for you to enjoy and be a part of before and after the factory tour. It should be a great time for everyone who loves the piano.

Don't forget to practice for the after-tour recital, where you share your piano talents with the PianoWorld family. Bring your own music, play from memory or play by ear. You bring your fingers, we'll supply the Mason & Hamlin pianos.

Cecil

Cecil Ramirez
National Sales Manager
Mason & Hamlin
J
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
J
Sorry Frank and Cecil, but I won't be coming this year. Bummer! frown

I'll be traveling to Oklahoma and the rest of the Great Plains on a different kind of vacation from May 8th to May 19th. Pictures and videos will be available. smile

Why couldn't the tour have been scheduled from between May 5th - May 7th? I have that week off too and wasn't planning on going anywhere then!

John

Current works in progress:

Beethoven Sonata Op. 10 No. 2 in F, Haydn Sonata Hoboken XVI:41, Bach French Suite No. 5 in G BWV 816

Current instruments: Schimmel-Vogel 177T grand, Roland LX-17 digital, and John Lyon unfretted Saxon clavichord.
C
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
C
Frank,
I just sent an email with my information, thanks! Hope it's not too late. I'd really like to see this place!

E
E
Hello Frank. This is my first post (to any forum). I've sent an email with my info. I'm looking forward to seeing the M&H factory. I have a 1924 M&H model A.

HI. My name is Andrea and I would love to attend the M&H factory tour. I have sent an e-mail to the webmaster. Please let me know if there is anything else I should do/know about signing up for the tour! Thanks!

Lovett Piano Works is booking tunings on Boston's South Shore now!
A
A
Hi there,

I'm a new member and I just sent an email to register for the tour - hope there's still space.

Silver Expires April 2010

Silver member until April 2010
Silver Expires April 2010

Silver member until April 2010
Email sent. Leaving my wife on Mother's Day to fly to BeanTown. Hmm. Maybe not. She's just started lessons, so bringing her along...

** Bob ** M&H AA 92809 **
G
G
Hi Frank...I just sent you an e-mail with my info. Hopefully, I got in on time...Thanks, Pat

M
M
Frank, I've sent you an email to confirm for two people with all the needed information.

Estonia 190, Mahogany Finish
Originally posted by JeffBC:
Obviously cameras are allowed... video cameras too? I'd like to shoot some HD video and we can put it on YouTube...
Hi JeffBC,

You are welcome to shoot video while the group is on the 6th floor before the tour, during lunch, and of course, for the after-tour recital. We ask that the PianoWorld folks please stow their video cameras while on the manufacturing floors, for the safety of the group.

'Looking forward to seeing you in Haverhill.

Cecil

Cecil Ramirez
National Sales Manager
Mason & Hamlin
Will do Cecil, thanks.

Kawai MP5 / Ivory Italian Grand
C.C. Harvey 52" Upright Grand
Yamaha M202 Console
I would love to see the factory. I hope there is still room. I have sent a seperate email with the requested info.

My wife would like to come too. Do guest get to join in the tour?

pmh
Although I have been enjoying this forum for months, I have only recently joined. In fact, this is my first post - ever! I'm sure to join in forum discussions as I am looking for a grand piano for myself and my daughters. I would like to sign up for the Mason & Hamlin tour and have already sent an email with the essential information. I look forward to meeting you all!

4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
It's a wonderful tour. You will all have a great time.

Will miss seeing you Cecil (make sure he plays!) and MH friends.

Maybe I can stop by for lunch or the playground?

Roberta, LL

"Music gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, and life to everything."
6000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
6000 Post Club Member
Please see these additional piano events planned around the time of the M&H tour.

Even if you can't make the tour, you should try to join us for some/all of these piano events...

http://www.pianoworld.com/ubb/ubb/ultimatebb.php?/topic/22/150.html

- Frank B.
Owner of...
www.PianoSupplies.com
Maine Piano Man

My Keyboards:
Estonia L-190, Roland RD88, Yamaha P-80, Bilhorn Telescope Organ c 1880, Antique Pump Organ, 1850 concertina, 3 other digital pianos
My original piece on BandCamp: https://frankbaxtermrpianoworld.bandcamp.com/releases

S
S
Hi Terry, thanks for the warm response! I kinda fell off the face of the forums again after posting my initial message. I notice that you are not listed in the main thread as attending the tour, is that an oversight?

Regarding the tour, and specifically the playing that I expect will happen after, are there any rules or conventions we should be aware of? Like, what happens if somebody has their one best piece that they are really excited to play and somebody else gets up and plays it first because they didn't realize the other person was planning to play it? Will the other person be out of luck or can they play it again anyway? Or what if somebody only knows part of a piece and likes to play just the first page but can't do the rest? Will they be pelted with rotten fruit if they get up there and play half a sonata or the EZ Edition of Rach 3? (Actually, that might be pretty cool to hear.)

Ok, I'm obviously joking around, because I know everyone will be perfectly pleasant and there are all levels of playing among PW members, and more music is always better. But are there any rules like "NO STAIRWAY" for the piano equivalent of Stairway to Heaven? (Wayne's World reference there) And what would that be anyway? I might guess Heart and Soul, but at least Stairway was a great song inherently, even if overplayed.

6000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
6000 Post Club Member
Originally posted by SteveM:
Hi Terry, thanks for the warm response! I kinda fell off the face of the forums again after posting my initial message. I notice that you are not listed in the main thread as attending the tour, is that an oversight?

Regarding the tour, and specifically the playing that I expect will happen after, are there any rules or conventions we should be aware of? Like, what happens if somebody has their one best piece that they are really excited to play and somebody else gets up and plays it first because they didn't realize the other person was planning to play it? Will the other person be out of luck or can they play it again anyway? Or what if somebody only knows part of a piece and likes to play just the first page but can't do the rest? Will they be pelted with rotten fruit if they get up there and play half a sonata or the EZ Edition of Rach 3? (Actually, that might be pretty cool to hear.)

Ok, I'm obviously joking around, because I know everyone will be perfectly pleasant and there are all levels of playing among PW members, and more music is always better. But are there any rules like "NO STAIRWAY" for the piano equivalent of Stairway to Heaven? (Wayne's World reference there) And what would that be anyway? I might guess Heart and Soul, but at least Stairway was a great song inherently, even if overplayed.
As a former music store owner, I can tell you that fur elise is the piano equivalent to Stairway to Heaven:-)

That said, I still like both pieces.

There are no rules about what you play, we are always happy to have anyone/everyone play whatever they are comfortable with, even if it's the same piece the person before them played.

The idea is to relax and enjoy the company of people who all share a passion for the piano, and the joy of playing a room full of freshly minted high-end pianos.

If you've never taken a tour of this type before, you will find you have a new found respect and admiration for the work and craftsmenship that goes into making a fine piano.

- Frank B.
Owner of...
www.PianoSupplies.com
Maine Piano Man

My Keyboards:

3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
SteveM...I can atest to the fact that they WON'T pelt you with rotten fruit if you play wrong notes...as I did... the PW members have always been very gracious and there is always a wide display of talent...
The tour is a must see, the M&H Family are the BEST HOSTS. They are the best!!!

Les Koltvedt
Servicing the Greater Atlanta area
www.LKPianos.com
PTG Associate
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Originally posted by SteveM:
I notice that you are not listed in the main thread as attending the tour, is that an oversight?

No, not an oversight. I attended the first 2 tours; 2004 & 2005. Each year the tour becomes more popular and it's necessary to let others come onboard as much as I would like to be there every year.

Last year Larry Buck hosted a gathering at his piano shop in Lowell after the tour. I found a new challenge for myself in assisting with the food setup for the after tour gathering! We had a great time meeting and enjoying the tour group and another chance to play more pianos was provided in the performance room at Larry's shop. Here is a link to last years pics: Larry Buck\'s Piano Shop Lowell - May 2007

I hope you and your brother will plan to join both events on Monday. Prepare yourselves though, as these gatherings can become so addictive! wink

Don't forget to read May Grand Events Surrounding the M&H Tour .

I'm hoping the advance notice will assist with those who have busy schedules and allow them enough opportunity to prepare for all the events that are scheduled.

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Piano World 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Very Cheap Piano?
by Tweedpipe - 04/16/24 10:13 AM
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,386
Posts3,349,204
Members111,631
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission