2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
51 members (7sheji, bcalvanese, Aylin, Barly, brdwyguy, accordeur, 36251, Bostonmoores, 20/20 Vision, Adam Reynolds, 5 invisible), 1,351 guests, and 318 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
1000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
1000 Post Club Member
It is with pleasure, I have the opportunity to announce an invitation for a piano gathering at Leebea's home.

Lee wishes to extend this invitation to members and their family who are welcomed to gather at his home in No. Attleboro, MA and enjoy a casual gathering around his rebuilt Steinert grand c.1923.

As some of you may recall, Lee recently received arrival of his new/used grand.

Thank you Lee, for offering to host this gathering. As always, I look forward in joining with other members who connect and share in the enjoyment of the piano.

Gathering Time: 1PM

Food: Leebea is taking care of beverages. I will bring a main dish (lasagna) Anyone else who wishes to bring along munchies/goodies will not be denied entrance!! laugh

Directions: Please PM Leebea

2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
Lee and Terry, is there a time? Looks like my previous plans for that day have been cancelled! yippie laugh

BeeLady

Life is like a roll of toilet paper...the closer you get to the end, the faster it goes!
A
A
Hi Lee, Terry, BeeLady and the rest of the "overstrung" folks.
I think we may be able to attend this one. Will probably know for sure tomorrow. Will try to round up some other Cape Codders also.
Anxious to see how your grand turned out Lee. Great of you to invite such a rowdy crowd. smile Stay tuned!!!
Jeremy Gloo

A441
1000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
1000 Post Club Member
List of "overstrung" folks planning to attend gathering at Leebea's home!! laugh

Leebea wink
Terrytunes/Stevetunes
A441 (aka Jerry & Linda Gloo)
Friends of A441: Roberta Lang & Ed Bonacci
Beelady
John Citron

Terry, can I come?
Buck was here today, tuned the piano and adjusted some keys that didn't feel right. It's waiting to be played by someone other than this kindergarten level piano student (me). wink

Lee B.
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
laugh

Psst...lee, can you email the address? Can't wait to see that beautiful rebuild! smile

BeeLady

Life is like a roll of toilet paper...the closer you get to the end, the faster it goes!
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
Darn, another big daylily event that day (business related for me)...was thinking that I would attend the daylily event on Sat, and come to Lee's on Sun (staying over) but I was off on the day, I see. Now not sure that my health will get me to either.

Sure hope I can come, Lee. I will try, so please forward some directions for us.

Lee, Did Buck redo the piano? just curious...

The lilylady

"Music gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, and life to everything."
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
This would have been yet another perfect time to meet you all and finally put a face with all the familiar names! But, we all know that weekends are when we are our busiest here in retail. Lee, it will be nice to finally meet you one of these days, as it will be for the rest of you! But, I have to put business first and social second. Oh well, one of these days.......

Best of luck with that new rebuilt!

Paul

Retired Industry Professional
A
A
Hi all!
Please add to the list----Roberta Lang and Ed Bonacci. Working on two others from upstate NY.
Jerry

A441
A
A
Just realized that Linda Gloo's name is not on the list (my wife). It's best that it should be added or there might be "trouble in River City"!!!!!!!

A441
1000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
1000 Post Club Member
Jerry, Glad to see you are rounding up other Cape Codders to join us! I believe I've met both Roberta and Ed from previous M&H tours!!??

Keep working on those New Yorkers!! I believe I might know one of them, too!! wink

A
A
Hi Terry---
Yes, you have met Roberta and Ed previously at M&H.

Need Lee's home addy and directions from the Cape.

A441
I have directions almost complete and will email them out tonight. I'm looking forward to seeing those whom I have met at past events and meeting those I haven't met yet.

Lee B.
Roberta, no this isn't one of Larry's quality rebuilds. Sorry you can't join us.

Paul Y. Yes I hope to meet you one of these days. If I'm ever by your place, I will definitely stop in and ask for you.

Lee B.
N
N
It was a grand party that we had at leebea's elegant house yesterday! Thanks so much Lee for hosting it. So nice to meet your lovely daughter and her friends. Terry, you did a super job of organizing as usual.
John, Terry, Jeremy, and Lee played their hearts out on Lee's beautiful sounding Steinert grand. A surprise guest, Alan (Allen) Weiss, a friend of Lee's from NY, who just happens to be a concert pianist, came and enthralled us with his talent.
Fine piano, delicious dining, and really good company made for a thrilling day. There were 12 of us, 7 who'd never been to a Piano World party, but they'll be back.

Linda Gloo
I want to thank everyone for what was an enjoyable experience for me, and I hope was for all who attended too. My piano says thanks too for being played by people above Kindergarten level(that's me) for a change. I want to thank all who came, especially Terrytunes for making it happen.
I took a few pictures. Click here to see my album

Lee B.
A
A
Thank you Lee for the great pics and the wonderful time at your beautiful home. Thanks to Terrytunes for setting up a most joyus gathering.
John, we suspect that your electronic gadget is making your fingers move so nicely over the keyboard. Grand playing!
How nice to meet Alan Weiss and hear his artistry. Just a great great time.
Missed you Beelady and hope you are feeling better.
Jeremy

A441
1000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
1000 Post Club Member
What a wonderful time we shared together! I arrived hearing the most wonderful music filling Lee's beautifully decorated home. It's no wonder I am on cloud 9 several days after a piano gathering.

Compared to some of our previous larger gatherings, this one was smaller but never a dull moment. Jerry Gloo and his gracious and fun spirited wife, Linda, who I see is now a PW member ( thumb )joined the group along with two other Cape Cod friends, Roberta and Ed. Roberta also plays the piano and has an M&H grand. I did my best trying to convince her to check out the very cool Adult Beginner Forum. I guess we'll have to wait and see if I gave an encouraging enough review.

The talents of Jerry Gloo's piano playing and his humor at the piano (I'll have you know that Jerry can even play a tune in the key of M!!) are delightfully entertaining. His piano tunes bring back some wonderful memories in my life. Always a pleasure to sit and listen.

[Linked Image]
Jerry at the piano, Lee's daughter and Roberta

And this time Jerry shared a few of his tuner/tech stores with us. Jerry has tuned a few pianos for some well known performers. If you ever have the opportunity, ask him to share the Karen/Richard Carpenter story.

I do believe that John Citron is now offically a "hooked" PW member!!

[Linked Image]
John Citron and Lee

I am so pleased he is enjoying this group. John is such a talented and gifted classical pianist. He attends the gatherings and so graciously shares the music he is so devoted to and is always ready to share any knowledge to assist others in their musical development.

I do hope that Lee shares this musical gathering experience with his piano teacher at his next lesson.
[Linked Image]
Lee at the piano, Ed & John

I'm sure she would especially be pleased to know that Lee rose to the occasion and shared with us some of the first practice pieces he has been working on. Way to go Lee!! No closet piano playing in your future!! thumb

It was wonderful seeing the flow of other interested piano folk arriving at Lee's home.

Oh and we did have some good conversation, drink and a wonderful medley of food in the kitchen.

[Linked Image]
Linda, Roberta, Lee & John

The spinach layered lasagna I believe was enjoyed along with an extremely aromatic Asian style salad (please tell Roberta I would also like to have that recipe!!) lucious dips & spreads, excellent homemade biscotti and Linda's scrumptous Nantucket Cranberry pie! Mmmmmm!!!

Lee certainly deserves all the credit for being such an outstanding host for this gathering. Thank you so much Lee! I drove home on a full stomach and a very happy heart! 3hearts

J
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
J
Thank you Terry and Lee for the pictures.

I had a really wonderful time, and it was great meeting other members. The piano is really wonderful, and I enjoyed everyone's playing.

I had another sleepless night because the day kept playing back through my head. laugh

John

Current works in progress:

Beethoven Sonata Op. 10 No. 2 in F, Haydn Sonata Hoboken XVI:41, Bach French Suite No. 5 in G BWV 816

Current instruments: Schimmel-Vogel 177T grand, Roland LX-17 digital, and John Lyon unfretted Saxon clavichord.
Thank you Terry for your usual fine job of documenting the day (as well as planning it). I was waiting for your pictures and commentary and you didn't disappoint.
I, once again, thank everyone for a great day and look forward to the next gathering.
Beelady and lilylady, we missed you both and hope to see you at the next gathering, wherever it may be.

Lee B.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Piano World 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,385
Posts3,349,189
Members111,631
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission