Please Read This Before Posting![/b]

Rules, Policies, and Disclaimers[/b]

Considering the real-time nature of this message board, it is impossible for us to review messages or confirm the validity of information posted. Please remember that we do not actively monitor the contents of posted messages and are not responsible for any messages posted.

We do not vouch for or warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any message, and are not responsible for the contents of any message. The messages express the views of the author of the message, not necessarily the views of this BB or any entity associated with this BB. Any user who feels that a posted message is objectionable is encouraged to contact us immediately by email.

We have the ability to remove objectionable messages and we will make every effort to do so, within a reasonable time frame, if we determine that removal is necessary. This is a manual process, however, so please realize that we may not be able to remove or edit particular messages immediately.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this BB to post any material which is knowingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise violative of any law.

You agree not to post any copyrighted material unless the copyrighted material is owned by you or you have the written permission from the copyright owner. We reserve the right to use any posted messages in other areas of our Web sites.

Although we do not and cannot review the messages posted and are not responsible for the content of any of these messages, we reserve the right to delete any message for any reason whatsoever.

You remain solely responsible for the content of your messages, and you agree to indemnify and hold piano.world.com harmless with respect to any claim based upon transmission of your message(s).

We reserve the right to reveal your identity (or whatever information we know about you) in the event of a complaint or legal action arising from any message posted by you. If pianoworld.com is subpoenaed to reveal your identity and has a means of contacting you, we will make a reasonable attempt to notify of the subpoena so that you may have an opportunity to attempt to quash the subpoena.

Please also read Comments Concerning Defamatory Postings.

Comments Concerning Defamatory Postings:[/b]

The pianoworld.com web site has developed into a popular, communications medium for those who have an interest in pianos. It has become a place where interested parties may communicate on a variety of related subjects.

The proprietors have neither the time nor the inclination to monitor the large number of daily postings, nor to attempt to determine the truth or falsity of any posting. The proprietors have no legal obligation to do so.

The web site is akin to a community clubhouse, a street corner, a bar, a pool room, a college campus, etc., where people congregate to exchange views on various or particular subjects relating to pianos. The owner of the bar or the poolroom, who provides the forum, cannot be held liable for any defamation views expressed by any patron, nor is the owner obligated to determine the truth or falsity of any stated view.

Piano World strongly suggests that postings be factually true. Individuals who enter false, defamatory postings could be held legally responsible. Individuals who believe they have a legitimate complaint against a business are encouraged to take that complaint directly to the business.

Businesses which receive complaints or observe derogatory postings are encouraged to work them out with the individuals involved. Such businesses are certainly permitted to post opposing views.

Piano World has absolutely no legal responsibility for any posting, unless actually written by Piano World. The law is very clear in this area. The Communications Decency Act of 1996 and an ever increasing body of case law have with consistency held Internet Service Providers (ISPs) and bulletin board (BB) operators immune to defamation suits.

Typically the ISPs and BB operators have been released at the pleading stage, sometimes with attorney fees paid by the plaintiff.

In general ISPs and BB operators and in particular pianoworld.com have no legal obligation to try to determine the truth or falsity of any posting. Besides having no desire, they have no means or specific skills to do so. ISPs or BB operators would indeed be a poor vehicle for fact finding.

In essence Congress has chosen to treat ISPs and BB operators the same way the law treats libraries, news stands, book stores, and others with regard to defamation. They are not liable for defamation which is contained in their books, newspapers, or other publications.

Note:[/b] You must be a registered member for most of the following. If you haven't already registered,
Register Now , it's free.

1.) Piano Industry Pros -- Please READ THIS! [/b]
If you are or were associated with the piano industry, please click the above and read it thoroughly.

2.) Why Should I Bother To Join?[/b]
Membership Has It's Privileges \:D
By becoming a member, you gain the opportunity to post questions and/or contribute answers.
For many more reasons, please see this page...
Why Join?

3.) What Is/Isn't Allowed?[/b]
We are a family-oriented web site. Please be careful what you post. Keep it clean, refrain from vulgarity or slander.

Do not be mean-spirited or decidely negative.
If you are or were in any way associated with the piano industry, please see #1 above.

For more details about what you should/shouldn't post, please see this...
Be Careful What You Post! (includes information about possible legal action).

4.) Why Was I Banned From Posting?[/b]
If you suddenly find yourself banned from posting, there is a good chance you went over the line. If you really enjoy the forums and would like another chance, email us webmaster@pianoworld.com

Things that can get you banned...
Vulgarity, posting lewd pictures, using the forums to promote yourself or your business, slamming your competitors and/or competitive brands, constantly hijacking threads for your own purpose.
If your intention is any of the above, go somewhere else, you aren't welcomed here!
(See "What Is/Isn't Allowed" above for more details).

5.) Starting a New Topic[/b]
Enter the forum you want the new topic to be displayed in.
Click the "New Topic" button at the top of the page.
Enter a title, fill in your message, click "Add New Topic".

6.) Replying to a Thread[/b]
Fill in the Message box and click "Add Reply", or
if you want to use more of the features, click "Full Reply Form", fill in the Message box, and click "Add Reply".

7.) How Do I Post a Picture?[/b]
See this thread for instructions...
http://www.pianoworld.com/ubb/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?/topic/1/7839.html
Please remember, Keep the size small, and remember, this is a family oriented web site.

8.) How Do I Change Something in My Profile?[/b]
To change your profile (avatar, signature, etc.), click on "My Profile" at the top of the page, then click "Edit Profile". Make your changes and click "Update Profile".
This is also where you can change your preferences and do other things with your account.

9.) I Enjoy the Forums. How Can I Help Support Them?[/b]
We're glad you asked:-) If you would like to help keep the forums going, please consider becoming a Subscribing Member , or visit this page for other options...
http://www.pianoworld.com/support.html

10.) I'm Having Technical Difficulties![/b]
Please try our Technical Support page.

11.) What Happened to the Thread I was Watching?[/b]
Threads come and go quickly. Unfortunately, even the better threads get buried within a few days.
If you find a thread particularly helpful, please suggest it as a candidate for one of our FAQ forums Suggest a FAQ Candidate

12.) How Do I Bookmark a Thread?[/b]
Discovered a particularly interesting or helpful thread? (see above for how to suggest we save it).
Use the Bookmark feature in your browser.
~ In Internet Explorer, click "Favorites", then click "Add to Favorites", next click "New Folder".
~ Name the folder something like "Favorite Piano Forums Threads".
~ Now, whenever you find a thread you like, simply click "Favorites", "Add to Favorites", and then click on your Piano Forums folder and say "OK".
~ Whenever you want to revisit any of your saved threads, you just go into your Piano Forums favorites folder and click the thread you want.

13.) How Can I Advertise on Piano World?[/b]
Between the Piano Forums, the Main Piano World Web Site , and our online store PianoSupplies.com we receive millions of piano loving visitors a month.
If you are in a piano-related business, please consider Advertising on Piano World

14.) Still Have Questions?[/b]
Many common questions are answered in our
FAQ [/b] section.

If you don't find the answers you were looking for, post your question on the forums, or webmaster@pianoworld.com contact us.

Welcome to the Piano Forums!
We hope you enjoy your stay, and that you will tell other people about us.
If you like the piano, you're in good company!

Best Regards,
- Frank B.
Owner/Webmaster
Piano World, The Piano Forums, PianoSupplies.com
www.PianoSupplies.com
Find Us On:
Facebook.com/PianoWorldDotCom
Twitter.com/PianoWorld
www.youtube.com/PianoWorldDotCom
My Keyboards:
Estonia L-190, Yamaha P-80, Hammond XK-3, Hammond A-100, Estey 1895 Pump Organ, Harpsichord (kit), Clavichord (kit)
-------------------------
It's Fun To Play the Piano ... PLEASE Pass It On!
And please invite everyone you know to join our piano forums!
Coming to Maine? We're in Parsonsfield (southwest) let's get together!