Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Topic Options
#924277 - 06/03/07 01:35 AM 6/03/07 - Frederick Historical Concert Series - Final Spring Concert
Terrytunes Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: Tewksbury MA
Tomorrow will be the 5th and final concert of the spring season. Today's performance will be entirely devoted to Chopin. It will be my first time to meet/hear the scheduled artist; Hsia-Jung Chang She will be performing on the Erard c1834.

I would like to urge any local members who might fall upon this post to attempt taking a drive over to Ashburnham and enjoy a couple of hours of music that will soothe and rejuvinate your heart mind and soul. ;\)

#924278 - 06/06/07 12:08 AM Re: 6/03/07 - Frederick Historical Concert Series - Final Spring Concert
Terrytunes Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: Tewksbury MA
Every one of the concerts I’ve attended in Ashburnham have been memorable but this last one scored just a bit higher up the scale. Perhaps due in part to it being the last concert until the fall. A good showing of attendance was made considering another heavy soaked rainy day was upon us. With a couple of other PW members in attendance; John Citron and revliv4all(Brian) along with his family and son Matthew who continues to delight and amaze us with his piano talents after only two years of lessons, a mini gathering was enjoyed.

Hsai-Jung delighted everyone with her playing of Chopin Etudes; Op 10 and 25 along with 2 encores. She selected the Conrad Graf 1828-29 Vienna based on the music she performed and the time period that Chopin would have composed these pieces. Hsai-Jung’s music filled the room with the most beautiful sound emitting from the Graf. She performed both Opus’s without any score present. Before beginning her program, she spoke briefly about Chopin referring to him as a music poet and how his music presented challenges to the pianist unlike other composers. In explaining to her audience how this could otherwise be perceived she referenced how most composers would expect you to hop on one foot over the Frederick Center(approximately one block from where the concerts are held) but Chopin would expect you to hop on one foot whilst spinning around AND reciting excerpts from Shakespeare! Those of us who have played works from Chopin could truly relate to her analogy.

I didn’t realize until much later that this was the first time I’d ever heard Chopin’s Revolutionary “live”!! What an absolute thrill to have not only enjoyed Hsai-Jung’s performance but to hear it on a piano that would have been used by Chopin.

After the concert performance, a group of lingering concert goers gathered at the piano and delighted in experiencing the thrill of playing the Graf. The weight of the action on the Graf as compared to modern day instruments is like night and day.
After awhile, Pat Frederick was able to join those of us back in the concert area and delighted us by performing some of her favorite folk tunes; Shenandoah and a few of her prized Irish and Welsh melodies. What a thrill to be a part of the after concert bonus feature!

Upon my departure I was beaming with delight as I walked down the driveway to my car. My evening enjoyment of the most pleasing music and conversation with friends and acquaintances left me with such an emotional high. It was truly one of those moments when you feel like you’re one of luckiest people in the world!

A special thank you to Pat and Michael and to all who support their efforts to provide the concert series.

Sound Engineer-Christopher Greenleaf, Hsai-Jung, Pat and Michael Frederick

Relive4all’s son - Matthew

I have a few more pics to share and will get them uploaded tomorrow. ;\)

#924279 - 06/06/07 02:17 AM Re: 6/03/07 - Frederick Historical Concert Series - Final Spring Concert
rustyfingers Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: Massachusetts
Thanks for sharing the concert with us, Terry. Wish I could have been there. Next time...

What's Hot!!
Our latest Issue is available now...
Piano News - Interesting & Fun Piano Related Newsletter! (free)
-------------------
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Knabe Pianos
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
139 registered (36251, AmateurBob, AndresD, ajames, 45 invisible), 1713 Guests and 9 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
75602 Members
42 Forums
156334 Topics
2296046 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
New Topics - Multiple Forums
High school student questions..
by lavienrose16
08/01/14 10:38 AM
August Piano Bar, drinks on the house
by Peyton
08/01/14 09:40 AM
I just read this at the Yamaha FAQ website
by BrianDX
08/01/14 09:21 AM
Schimmel DUO piano
by wimpiano
08/01/14 08:56 AM
Feurich 190 cm grand from 1920 - Is it any good?
by pinkfloydhomer
08/01/14 08:16 AM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission