2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
72 members (Charles Cohen, AlkansBookcase, 36251, benkeys, 20/20 Vision, bcalvanese, booms, Bruce Sato, Carey, 10 invisible), 1,927 guests, and 262 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
B
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
B
AZN,

Does it go against your comfort level to put your profile on a music teacher director site - I joined 2-3 (most were free, I believe, or less than $100 per year, not quite remembering, and for the past 18 months, I have been getting contacts monthly from my immediate area.

We moved 21 months ago and only 5 students were able to make the distance and time to my new home, so I have had building going on in the last year.

I get far more inquiries from Learning Musician or Lesson Portal or GetLessonsNow than I do from my local music store which has lost it's flavor with piano teachers due to management changes and poor service and music materials on hand. Their biggest business now is the school instrument rentals and guitars. Piano Music has been relagated to smaller and smaller corner. I've been shopping there since the early 1980's.

The good news is that a long established Tacoma music store "Ted Brown Music" is coming to South Hill Puyallup by September, and within 30 blocks of my residence. Wow, am I excited!

Betty

Platinum Supporter until Dec 31 2012
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member

Platinum Supporter until Dec 31 2012
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
Originally posted by John v.d.Brook:
By the way, to those of you a bit put out at AZN's verbiage, do you also take umbrage at the soccer coach, the track team coach, the swim coach, etc., when they set a policy of "Miss one practice and you're out - and no refunds on the fee."?
Yes, I do... and my children aren't enrolled on those teams. Here in my city, for example, we have a "competitive" soccer league that has a grueling practice schedule and many games in other cities that require long drives. We also have a league at the Y with the philosophy that "every child plays," and it's quite laid back, once a week practices, once a week games. (They don't even keep score until the kids are 10 years old.) My kids play with the Y. laugh

I want my children to have a balanced, relatively unstressed life and wouldn't endorse them being involved in ANY activity (including piano, gasp) that would occupy the bulk of their free time.

7000 Post Club Member
7000 Post Club Member
That's comforting, but of course, Monica, you know that vast majority of parents do not.

"Those who dare to teach must never cease to learn." -- Richard Henry Dann
Full-time Private Piano Teacher offering Piano Lessons in Olympia, WA. www.mypianoteacher.com
Certified by the American College of Musicians; member NGPT, MTNA, WSMTA, OMTA
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Recommended Songs for Beginners
by FreddyM - 04/16/24 03:20 PM
New DP for a 10 year old
by peelaaa - 04/16/24 02:47 PM
Estonia 1990
by Iberia - 04/16/24 11:01 AM
Very Cheap Piano?
by Tweedpipe - 04/16/24 10:13 AM
Practical Meaning of SMP
by rneedle - 04/16/24 09:57 AM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,391
Posts3,349,282
Members111,634
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission