Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician
SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
Ad (Piano Sing)
How to Make Your Piano Sing
Who's Online
143 registered (accordeur, Anita Potter, 36251, ando, 40 invisible), 1640 Guests and 17 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Topic Options
#937551 - 12/13/07 01:04 AM Review FindMeATeacher.com for FREE...
willis Offline

Loc: australia
Hey Fellow Instructors,

You may or may not have already heard about this particular web site. FindMeATeacher.com allows teachers and instructors of all types worldwide, to setup their own professional online presence in just minutes, and have students in their local area literally hunting them down. The site has been successfully connecting paying students with teachers since way back in 2004.

Well the good news is, we have been busy redesigning and rebuilding the site over the past 13 months, and are now gearing up for a MASSIVE relaunch in January 2008 - just over a months time.

I am currently looking for five people to review the new site before it goes live and in return I will give those five people a FREE lifetime membership to the new site. But I can only accept the first five replies so you will need to be quick.

Simply send me a private message if you are interested, and, if you are one of the first 5 to respond, I will set you up with your own members account so you can log-in and access the new site before the general public.

All I ask is that you check out the new members area, create your professional profile page, and then send me a review of the site. What you liked, what you didn’t like, anything at all. It need only be short.

I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Here’s To Your Future Success,

Will Williams

(ad) Piano & Music Accessories
piano accessories music gifts tuning and moving equipment
#937552 - 12/13/07 08:57 AM Re: Review FindMeATeacher.com for FREE...
Kreisler Offline

Loc: Iowa City, IA
I wouldn't recommend the site. I tried searching for teachers and kept getting a "page not found" error when I clicked the search button.

The links page threw a gigantic pop-up in the middle of the page that made it impossible to read or click on the links!

The workshops and chatroom links are also broken.

Probably just somebody trying to make an extra buck or two...
"If we continually try to force a child to do what he is afraid to do, he will become more timid, and will use his brains and energy, not to explore the unknown, but to find ways to avoid the pressures we put on him." (John Holt)

www.pianoped.com
www.youtube.com/user/UIPianoPed

#937553 - 12/13/07 12:06 PM Re: Review FindMeATeacher.com for FREE...
John v.d.Brook Offline
7000 Post Club Member

Loc: Olympia, Washington, USA
Ditto. I tried a number of major cities around the country with no results. Sounds like a startup operation trying to use us as bait.

Likewise, there are too many options. The site is trying to be the answer to everything, rather than for parents just trying to find a piano teacher.

#937554 - 12/13/07 12:30 PM Re: Review FindMeATeacher.com for FREE...
Betty Patnude Offline
4000 Post Club Member

Loc: Puyallup, Washington
The Music Teacher Directories I have used, do produce potential clients for me - the numbers of people using it in my area are small, and very few music teachers are listed on it. I think people here prefer word of mouth more.

The sites my profile is on, are no fee, or minimal fee, and some provide a lot of potential services for you, including your own management space and communications with your students space on your own website.

I'm OK with most of them, but, you'll find that your name has been "exploited" when you google your own name on the internet. Everything you ever posted will be seen. That also happens with me for PWF because I used my own name. I'm not sure how I feel about that. I am in music education and try to share ideas with people, so part of my goal is being met, but when I post something better left unsaid, there that is too. I didn't discover this until I had been posting a while. What a surprise!

If you want to see what I'm talking about, google my name. That will give you a good picture of what becomes of your use of these sites. It's a little ridiculous to find so many listings of ones self and to have no control on what happens to your postings.

Betty

#937555 - 12/13/07 12:36 PM Re: Review FindMeATeacher.com for FREE...
apple* Offline

Loc: Kansas
we are not pickers for one thing

love and peace, Õun (apple in Estonian)

#937556 - 12/13/07 03:47 PM Re: Review FindMeATeacher.com for FREE...
Morodiene Online   content
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member

Loc: Boynton Beach, FL
What's a picker?
Petrof 9'2 Concert, Yamaha G3, Roland FP-7, Yamaha MOX6, Kawai MP11

#937557 - 12/13/07 04:57 PM Re: Review FindMeATeacher.com for FREE...
John v.d.Brook Offline
7000 Post Club Member

Loc: Olympia, Washington, USA
Guitar players, I'm guessing.

#937558 - 12/13/07 09:23 PM Re: Review FindMeATeacher.com for FREE...
ftp Offline
2000 Post Club Member

Loc: Philadelphia
Willis,

You may have better luck if you post your message in the Piano Forum. That's where your fellow piano pickers like to hang out.

#937559 - 12/22/07 09:38 PM Re: Review FindMeATeacher.com for FREE...
willis Offline

Loc: australia
Guys,

I appreciate your feedback. The problems you are having with the site are due to the rebuild that is taking place behind the scenes. It has meant that our database has had to be offline for some time whilst the rebuild is being done. For that I apologise.

This is also why certain parts of the site such as the forums and chat-rooms are no loner operational. The site will taken offline very soon in preparation for the re-launch in January, 2008. The site that is currently online is nothing at all like the new one we are about to launch. Two years have been spent redesigning and rebuilding the new version of the site.

Also, we have been in this game since 2004 which can be easily seen by a quick look at the domain registration date. I'm not out to make a 'quick buck' as you put it. I am a drum tutor myself and that is how I actually came up with the idea in the first place. I have seen all these other directory sites that give you a tiny little listing in between a page full of ads. These do absolutely nothing for you. We build you a unique web presence, one that is optimized for the search engines so that you come up for terms your students are actually searching. Not only that, we also show you techniques you can use to very quickly become a sought after professional in your field.

Yes, word of mouth still works but what you will find is that more and more people are now turning to the Internet to find local services, whether its a plumber, a locksmith or a piano teacher. No one can deny this fact. No one says you have to list yourself or your services on the Internet but those who decide to take that next step now are going to be one step ahead of you as the Internet slowly becomes 'THE' place for all local service informtaion... and we all know it will. You just need to look at the success of sites such as Craigslist.

Anyway, I found my people to help review the new site so thanks for your time.

Just Added:[/b]

Just for those interested, here is a mock-up example of the profile page/web site we provide our members:

Sample Profile Page

Note: This is just a mock-up/sample so the text/information used is just mock-up also.

Moderator:  Ken Knapp 
What's Hot!!
Christmas Header
Christmas Lights at Piano World Headquarters in Maine 2014
-------------------
The December Free Piano Newsletter
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Interesting books about the piano, pianists, piano history, biographies, memoirs and more!
(ad) Yamaha CP Music Rest Promo
Yamaha CP Music Rest Promo
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Knabe Pianos
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
New Topics - Multiple Forums
is my piano tunable
by d3c0
12/22/14 05:45 PM
SSHD running VST
by daz100
12/22/14 05:01 PM
do you recommend further service?
by ShannonG
12/22/14 04:34 PM
Is this now real enough?
by Philip_Johnston
12/22/14 04:21 PM
Quick question
by Phil Greenough
12/22/14 03:51 PM
Forum Stats
77398 Members
42 Forums
160065 Topics
2350613 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Gift Ideas for Music Lovers!
Find the Perfect Gift for the Music Lovers on your List!
Visit our online store today.

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission