2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
49 members (Cheeeeee, Adam Reynolds, Cominut, Burkhard, 1200s, clothearednincompo, akse0435, busa, 36251, 6 invisible), 1,286 guests, and 285 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
L
OP Offline
L
This peace is by far not finished for me, but I couldn't wait to record it.

Feel free to give any critism!

Beethoven Sonata Op. 13 No. 8 (1st mvt.).mp3

EDIT:
PLEASE SCROLL DOWN TO REPLY #5 TO LISTEN TO A NEWER RECORDING (I like more)!
#8 contains the last movements.

Thank you!

D
5000 Post Club Member
5000 Post Club Member
D
I only have one criticism: Neither link worked. :p wink

Every day we are afforded a new chance. The problem with life is not that you run out of chances. In the end, what you run out of are days.
L
OP Offline
L
Sorry, this should work now:

Beethoven Sonata Op. 13 No. 8 (1st mvt.).mp3

EDIT:
PLEASE SCROLL DOWN TO REPLY #5 TO LISTEN TO A NEWER RECORDING (I like more)!
#8 contains the last movements.

Very Good:
On the beginning chord releases after each phrase: I usually release the pedal at or slightly after i release the note itself. The chord just seemed to lag there when there was supposed to be silence.
My only other comment: I would love to hear much more contrast in this piece. I just favor Beethoven more to romantic, where others push his music back to classical. THere could be more cresc. on those building sections
Some minor technical errors, but overall, very good, just become more comfortable with the piece and put some more contrast and you should be set. Good luck in the future with this piece.

Seth
CHS Class of 2008
Daniel, good effort, but you're ignoring too many rules.

First phrase, you must give more importance to the long chords. A professional pianist would never accentuate a short chord leading to a long one in this case!

In the introduction as a whole your tempo is fluctuating way too much. Of course there are places of dramatic importance and sybolism but u must set the cones in a clear straight line before you can start moving around them.

The fast tempo passages are too slow. However they're also very heavey with the left hand. So there's no chance you'll be able to go at the good tempo with such a heavey left hand. Besides it's musically incorrect. Practice the left hand pianissimo and profoundly, dont compensate for deepness with volume! theres a great difference!

Anyways enough comments for one post laugh

Inbi

L
OP Offline
L
Yesterday I played the first movement in a small recital. It didn't go well, because I am always not used to play on those big grands with each its own hight and benches and so on. Of course I could have changed a lot, but in that moment I didn't know what - and that is why my hands where not in the right position to play during the whole piece. And of course I was VERY nervous ( I don't know why), although there were almost only children sitting in the audience - and of course their proud parents. Perhaps about 40 people.
I think, I hit wrong harmonies for ~ 8 to 12 times, that must have been heard by everyone, but gladly I was always able to continue without getting of the rhythm. The whole expostion was completely 'damaged' by this (Because of little time, I was supposed not to repeat the exposition part).

Tomorrow I will probably finish the 3rd mvt.

Before leaving this sonata I wanted to have a at least one ~nice recording of myself playing it.

This is the second recording now. I did it today.
My teacher told me a lot of things before the recital started yesterday, but as always I didn't remeber all of them. Same in this recording. For example the beginning of the allegro parts should be with pedalling, but I forgot it, probably, because sitting in front of my piano it sounds ok without pedalling too much, either.
I tried to solve some of the rhythmic mistakes in the grave part, you might have heard in the first recording of this thread.

2nd recording (from today, 13rd May)

Please comment on this new one!

Many thanks!
Daniel

D
5000 Post Club Member
5000 Post Club Member
D
To me, there was very little difference in the way you played the different melodic themes. In parts that I would interpret as more "angry", you still played with the same soft, back-end of the beat touch that is completely correct for the softer, lighter passages. Now, this can very easily be summed up as differing interpretive opinions, but if you find that what I say I heard is not what you intended in your playing, then perhaps you should think of other ways to play the passages to extract the interpretive experience you desire the audience to receive. wink

Every day we are afforded a new chance. The problem with life is not that you run out of chances. In the end, what you run out of are days.
L
OP Offline
L
Although my microphone (the poor headset) doesn't 'get' even big differences very well, you're right, I played the dynamic differences in no way sufficiently. This is because my hands and fingers get tired and would get out of the rhythm, if I tried. Practising the whole first movement with the appropriate posture(?) would probably help. But I don't believe, I have found it out. And it is probably different with every piano, isn't it?

I appreciate your comment, Derulux!

L
OP Offline
L
Here are movement 2 and 3.

As always, both recordings inlude parts of 'weak' hands and wrong/missing keys.

The voice in the middle was not supposed to become that noisy. I dind't hear it while recording. Again, I used the microphone of my computer headset.

2nd Movement

3rd Movement

Thank you for listening! smile

Moderated by  Piano World 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,385
Posts3,349,185
Members111,631
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission