2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
68 members (1200s, aphexdisklavier, akse0435, AlkansBookcase, Alex Hutor, AndyOnThePiano2, amc252, accordeur, 11 invisible), 1,801 guests, and 296 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#969370 11/10/04 08:29 PM
R
OP Offline
R
Okay, the evening came and went, and I went to the music studio, paid them lots of dollars and came away with a cd of my piano playing....It was wild. I was stressed (of course there was sound engineer in the next room listening to every fouled up note). When I got home, I wouldn't let anyone listen to the cd until I had a chance to listen myself. I know for a fact that I am not my own worst critic, in fact, I'm fond enough of me that I like to cut myself some slack. Here's what I learned.
------------------------------
I make way too many mistakes. Paying for a good piano and a good recording system is so worth the money to me. It's like my golf game. When I'm not making mistakes, I quite enjoy it. The stuff that sounds better is the music that is easier to play, and that therefore I play more cleanly. The music studio has been in business for fifteen years, but it appears home recording has hurt them, and they are much less busy now than they used to be. When I was all done, the engineer said "You're not all that bad". I took it as the compliment that it was meant to be. Stuff that I just threw in, sounds okay.

I'm going to do it again, and I think the experience will help my playing. If you've got the money to waste...go for it....

I have a new mistress. She's black and curvy and pretty and sounds great and has great legs. I call her "Petrof".
#969371 11/11/04 09:24 AM
J
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
J
Congratulations ragtimebg! You did it. What kind of piano did they have? Are you going to post one of your recordings on the site for us to hear?
I've tried recording myself at home and it drives me crazy listening to my mistakes. Were they able to edit out the mistakes and piece together clean stuff to make you sound great?
I'm sure your mom is going to love this CD.
Jon

"In the middle of difficulty lies opportunity." Albert Einstein
Charles Walter W190 Ebony
#969372 11/11/04 09:44 AM
8000 Post Club Member
8000 Post Club Member
sounds like a great experience, which i probably would never have. you surely did have fun with it and so it's worth it.

#969373 11/11/04 05:06 PM
R
OP Offline
R
They had a seven foot yamaha in perfect tune....that was just fine. I have a big Chickering at home, which has a less bell like tone, but maybe nicer bass....I was very surprised at how good the piano sounded on the recording, in those spells where I wasn't making mistakes, it sounds great. I didn't have them edit out any mistakes, I figured that it's the way I play the piano, like it or lump it....It is very surprising how even a little bit of pressure brings on unexpected mistakes. I'd be perfectly willing to post one of the tunes here, but the wave files take up way too much space....I emailed one to a friend and it took my phone line 19 minutes to upload the file....So I guess I have to figure out how to make the files into MP3 files.....I don't have a clue. I actually enjoy listening to the cd, which is embarassing to me, but it's true. I keep hoping the mistakes won't show up the next time I listen....

I have a new mistress. She's black and curvy and pretty and sounds great and has great legs. I call her "Petrof".
#969374 11/11/04 06:32 PM
R
OP Offline
R
Well, I went to ebay and bought some software for changing wave files into mp3s...so hopefully soon I will post a piece here for my own amusement.

Moderated by  Bart K, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Estonia 1990
by Iberia - 04/16/24 11:01 AM
Very Cheap Piano?
by Tweedpipe - 04/16/24 10:13 AM
Practical Meaning of SMP
by rneedle - 04/16/24 09:57 AM
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,390
Posts3,349,248
Members111,632
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission