Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Page 204 of 275 < 1 2 ... 202 203 204 205 206 ... 274 275 >
Topic Options
#1380387 - 02/22/10 01:50 PM Re: Just for those totally devoted to Chopin [Re: Elene]
gerg Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: Houston, TX
It is up, Elene! smile

You may need to clear the history on your browser because of a caching problem. That problem is now fixed, but if your browser still has the old page without the command to turn off caching, it won't pick up the changes.

An announcement has been posted.

There's now a simple comment board at chopinrecital.org, too!

Thank you, dear Fryderyk, for the sublime gift you have left us all... Your life spanned but 39 brief years, but in that brief span you left a gift that is timeless.

(ads P/S)

Sauter Pianos

#1380406 - 02/22/10 02:23 PM Re: Just for those totally devoted to Chopin [Re: loveschopintoomuch]
Teodor Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: Bulgaria
I'm back from the Chopin Birthday recital and it was AMAZING! I heard a lot of his songs which I had never heard ever before and even though I did not understand most of the lyrics (Polish and Bulgarian are a bit similar), I loved them all!

I also heard all the Op.10 etudes performed by one of the best Polish pianists Robert Marat! His Revolutionary Etude left me speachless!

And I also got to talk to him briefly after the concert and he is a very nice guy, he gave me an autograph:

I'm so happy right now ^_^

Edit: At the end when everyone was getting ready to leave some random kid from the audience (8 year old) was pushed to the stage by his mother, she insisted he met the pianist and the child was "But I don't know Polish, I can't talk to him!"

And after he shook hands with the pianist he played a Chopin Prelude (I think) and that kid was actually pretty good. Robert (the pianist) took a chair and sat in the back and listened as the kid played and then applauded him smile

Edited by Teodor (02/22/10 02:32 PM)

Recitals:

#1380412 - 02/22/10 02:31 PM Re: Just for those totally devoted to Chopin [Re: Teodor]
gerg Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Oh, that sounds capital, Teodor! I know how I felt when my wife and I attended Garrick Ohlssen's Chopin performance in January. You'll be on a high for many days.

All of the Opus 10? And SONGS!? It is rare to hear Chopin's songs! wow

Thank you for the image of the John Hancock. How I wish all of us could have joined you!

Don't click here!

#1380413 - 02/22/10 02:34 PM Re: Just for those totally devoted to Chopin [Re: gerg]
Teodor Offline
500 Post Club Member

Yes, all of the Opus 10 and about 8 of the songs. It was worth it. And the tickets were only 5 euro! I got a seat in the front roll, I was right in front of the grand so I could see him play clearly.

Recitals:

#1380417 - 02/22/10 02:37 PM Re: Just for those totally devoted to Chopin [Re: Teodor]
gerg Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Only €5.00!? That's a bargain! thumb

We paid $37.00USD per ticket to see Garrick.

Don't click here!

#1380422 - 02/22/10 02:39 PM Re: Just for those totally devoted to Chopin [Re: gerg]
Teodor Offline
500 Post Club Member

Yes, tickets are all the same price no matter who is visiting for a recital. I guess the state covers the expenses mostly. That's welcome considering I'm a poor student laugh

Now if I can hear Beethoven's Pathetique Sonata performed live I can die happy...

Edited by Teodor (02/22/10 02:40 PM)

Recitals:

#1380795 - 02/22/10 11:22 PM Re: Just for those totally devoted to Chopin [Re: Teodor]
Elene Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: under monsoon clouds
Well, I didn't get to go to a cool concert today, but the e-cital made up for it.

Elene

Blog: http://elenedom.wordpress.com

#1381082 - 02/23/10 12:00 PM Re: Just for those totally devoted to Chopin [Re: Elene]
keyboardklutz Offline
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member

Loc: London, UK (though if it's Aug...
What do we think of Benita Eisler's book?

#1381121 - 02/23/10 12:43 PM Re: Just for those totally devoted to Chopin [Re: keyboardklutz]
loveschopintoomuch Offline
4000 Post Club Member

Loc: Illinois
I have it; I read it: ho hum!

Kathleen

#1381160 - 02/23/10 01:26 PM Re: Just for those totally devoted to Chopin [Re: loveschopintoomuch]
Elene Offline
1000 Post Club Member

I didn't get through Eisler's Chopin's Funeral word for word because it depressed and annoyed me. She emphasized the worst of everything and everyone, and indulged in what seemed to me to be unwarranted speculation. It would be fine if she expressed that sort of thing as her opinion and interpretation, but as far as I remember, she presented it as fact.

The title in itself is inappropriate.

But you still may want to look at that book, because it will give you some perspectives you may not find elsewhere.

It seems like we've lost track of last year's mazurkathon--? Greg said he could only find one other one, but there have been two previous ones, right? The 2009 one isn't up on the current e-cital site, and if it's still around someplace, it would be nice if we could put a link to it for March 1.

Elene

#1381379 - 02/23/10 05:22 PM Re: Just for those totally devoted to Chopin [Re: Elene]
LisztAddict Offline
2000 Post Club Member

Loc: Florida
Speaking of Chopin piano marathon, non-stop Chopin music to March 1st.
http://chopin2010.pl/en/events/news/id/1094

#1381428 - 02/23/10 06:39 PM Re: Just for those totally devoted to Chopin [Re: LisztAddict]
4000 Post Club Member

THANK YOU!! I will be in heaven for the next week.

Kathleen

#1381437 - 02/23/10 06:50 PM Re: Just for those totally devoted to Chopin [Re: loveschopintoomuch]
4000 Post Club Member

Good grief. A very talent pianist plays Chopin and then does a jazz study of the melody. Not to my liking, at all. But he certainly does know how to play the piano.

Kathleen

#1381674 - 02/24/10 02:54 AM Re: Just for those totally devoted to Chopin [Re: loveschopintoomuch]
Elene Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Can't get away from that guy. Tonight's episode of Lost featured the Fantaisie-Impromptu, and one of the Olympic skaters used the Lento con gran espressione for the first half of her program.

Elene

#1381720 - 02/24/10 06:29 AM Re: Just for those totally devoted to Chopin [Re: Elene]
Chardonnay Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: Boston, MA.
Quote:
one of the Olympic skaters used the Lento con gran espressione for the first half of her program.

I saw that! I wondered if any of you had smile
This was the first time I'd heard it played with violin.

#1381776 - 02/24/10 08:56 AM Re: Just for those totally devoted to Chopin [Re: Chardonnay]
LisztAddict Offline
2000 Post Club Member

I am watching this live webcam in Warsaw, and I am seeing the man who was one of the judges at the competition last September. He just played a Mazurka.

#1381784 - 02/24/10 09:08 AM Re: Just for those totally devoted to Chopin [Re: LisztAddict]
lilylady Offline
4000 Post Club Member

Loc: boston north
Originally Posted By: LisztAddict
Speaking of Chopin piano marathon, non-stop Chopin music to March 1st.
http://chopin2010.pl/en/events/news/id/1094

Thanks L A ! Just tuned in.

Oh dear....I can see me not getting much done this week!!!

Edited by lilylady (02/24/10 09:29 AM)

#1381816 - 02/24/10 09:57 AM Re: Just for those totally devoted to Chopin [Re: lilylady]
LisztAddict Offline
2000 Post Club Member

I am listening to this one young lady who has been playing for like 1.5 hours already and she is still playing.

She played Nocturne 48/1, Scherzo No 1, several Mazurkas and Waltzes, Rondo Op 1 in C minor (a very lovely piece I hear for the first time), Ballade No 3, and now Polonaise Op 53.

This is like tuning into a Chopin radio station!!! laugh

Edited by LisztAddict (02/24/10 09:59 AM)

#1381826 - 02/24/10 10:20 AM Re: Just for those totally devoted to Chopin [Re: LisztAddict]
4000 Post Club Member

I turned in this morning and I am not getting any sound. I've checked everything, but still nothing. Is anyone else having this problem?

Kathleen

#1381840 - 02/24/10 10:38 AM Re: Just for those totally devoted to Chopin [Re: loveschopintoomuch]
Chardonnay Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: Boston, MA.
Yes, Kathleen-
About half an hour ago, I got video but no sound. Although earlier this morning, there was sound; I heard some wonderful Mazurkas.

#1381851 - 02/24/10 10:47 AM Re: Just for those totally devoted to Chopin [Re: Chardonnay]
4000 Post Club Member

Thanks, Chardonnay. I'm disappointed not to be able to hear (probably some problem at the radio station), but at least I know it isn't my computer.

I am going to spend the next few hours listening to OUR wonderful performers playing their hearts out. I am so proud of all of them. They are phenomenal!! 3hearts

My very fondest regards to each and every one of you. You do Chopin proud.

Kathleen

#1381875 - 02/24/10 11:36 AM Re: Just for those totally devoted to Chopin [Re: loveschopintoomuch]
LisztAddict Offline
2000 Post Club Member

The audio part had problem earlier. It's good now.

Someone is about to sing from the theme of Nocturne Op 72.

Edited by LisztAddict (02/24/10 11:42 AM)

#1381876 - 02/24/10 11:40 AM Re: Just for those totally devoted to Chopin [Re: loveschopintoomuch]
Mike White Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: 90 miles West of New Orleans
Wow, this is really something! I'm glad I have a new computer, big monitor, fast broadband connection, plus sound coming from my stereo system. I can't wait for fiber optics which will allow full-screen.
Mike

Yamaha G3 & P-80 Digital

#1381888 - 02/24/10 12:02 PM Re: Just for those totally devoted to Chopin [Re: Jeff Clef]
Jeff Kallberg Offline

Originally Posted By: Jeff Clef
I would think the other Jeff would know, if anyone would.

Hi Jeff,

No one knows the definitive answer. Best guess: confusion around which Thursday was the birth date when the church birth record was entered. And, when in doubt, go with the mother's memory!

And greetings, everyone, from Warsaw, where I've just arrived. It's a palpably exciting atmosphere here. Giant, building-sized advertisements for the birthday celebrations all over town. I'll report more, as I'm able.

Jeff Kallberg

#1381929 - 02/24/10 12:55 PM Re: Just for those totally devoted to Chopin [Re: Jeff Kallberg]
LisztAddict Offline
2000 Post Club Member

Hi Jeff K - it would be super nice if you could take some pictures and post them here so we could get a little feel of what you are experiencing there. laugh

I am now watching/listening to a very unusual improv. of Chopin Prelude No 4 from the webcam.

#1381961 - 02/24/10 01:45 PM Re: Just for those totally devoted to Chopin [Re: Chardonnay]
Mark_C Offline

Loc: New York
Originally Posted By: Chardonnay
Quote:
one of the Olympic skaters used the Lento con gran espressione for the first half of her program.

I saw that! I wondered if any of you had smile
This was the first time I'd heard it played with violin.

First time I ever heard it was.......at a viola recital!!
(Violist: Emanuel Vardi.)
I immediately went and learned it.

[edit] Guess what......I found the guy playing the piece on youtube!!!

#1381964 - 02/24/10 01:49 PM Re: Just for those totally devoted to Chopin [Re: LisztAddict]
Mark_C Offline

Originally Posted By: LisztAddict
I am watching this live webcam in Warsaw, and I am seeing the man who was one of the judges at the competition last September. He just played a Mazurka.

Cool!
If it's who I think, he gave me some great pointers about mazurkas. (Not to mention huge criticism.) smile

#1381968 - 02/24/10 01:52 PM Re: Just for those totally devoted to Chopin [Re: Jeff Kallberg]
Mark_C Offline

Originally Posted By: Jeff Kallberg
.....Best guess: confusion around which Thursday was the birth date when the church birth record was entered.....

What I said too.....seems like a good guess since they're the same day of the week.

Quote:
.....And greetings, everyone, from Warsaw, where I've just arrived. It's a palpably exciting atmosphere here. Giant, building-sized advertisements for the birthday celebrations all over town. I'll report more, as I'm able.

Super cool! cool cool

#1381994 - 02/24/10 02:34 PM Re: Just for those totally devoted to Chopin [Re: Mark_C]
Jeff Clef Offline
4000 Post Club Member

Loc: San Jose, CA
Thank you so much for the link! No problems here with the sound (as of 11:30 Pacific time)--- it is gorgeous.

We have a new rescue dog, which is always an absorbing task--- they always have trauma, one way or another; they always require a great deal of time and attention to get them turned around and ready for a successful placement. So I am pretty well... stuck is not a word I like, this animal is a darling... anyway, here we are. With the Chopin concert from Warsaw, home of Chopin's first success.

Of course, the mother's memory. They know, to the minute--- count on it.

#1382003 - 02/24/10 02:47 PM Re: Just for those totally devoted to Chopin [Re: Jeff Clef]
4000 Post Club Member

Mark: That was so lovely. The violin can really bring out the emotion in Chopin's music.

Dr. K; I thought that you might be in Poland. I hope you have a great time and find the time to give us your impressions and some of the highlights.

Chopin is in the air, all around us and everywhere.

I know the famous B's and the S's composers were astounding, but I don't think any of them have had such a world-wide tribute as Chopin has. His music is recognized all around the world.

I'm glad the concert in Poland is up and running.

Kathleen

Page 204 of 275 < 1 2 ... 202 203 204 205 206 ... 274 275 >

Moderator:  BB Player, casinitaly 
What's Hot!!
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Interesting books about the piano, pianists, piano history, biographies, memoirs and more!
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Knabe Pianos
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
134 registered (A Guy, ajames, Alex-SapRenovation, 36251, accordeur, 42 invisible), 1425 Guests and 18 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
76031 Members
42 Forums
157205 Topics
2308880 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Baldwin Upright
by MaxR
09/01/14 09:29 AM
Upgrading a Yamaha Silent Series piano
by pianelmo
09/01/14 07:14 AM
Stuck in method books.
by Chris H.
09/01/14 06:45 AM
Repeated note legato
by noobpianist90
09/01/14 02:16 AM
"Y.Becker" # 6839 (pin)
by Maximillyan
09/01/14 01:54 AM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission