2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
59 members (Adam Reynolds, AlkansBookcase, APianistHasNoName, Carey, brdwyguy, beeboss, Chris B, Cheeeeee, 9 invisible), 1,650 guests, and 252 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
3000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
3000 Post Club Member
Originally posted by Monster M&H:
Thanks so much for your opinion :rolleyes: seebech'...here's mine...What a waste of time and energy to post that crap. If you don't want to buy it... [b]THEN DON'T BUY IT AND GO ON!

Opus45...let seebechstein ride his high horse.
[/b]
seebechstein ...this has bothered me since I posted and would like to say...SORRY, (just venting) I hope I didn't offend you to much or drive you away from this thread. Everyone could benefit from your participaition here (and that includes ME)

Monster M&H

Les Koltvedt
Servicing the Greater Atlanta area
www.LKPianos.com
PTG Associate

Platinum Supporter until Dec 31 2012
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member

Monster M&H: thumb

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Originally posted by Monster M&H:
[b]seebechstein ...this has bothered me since I posted and would like to say...SORRY, (just venting) I hope I didn't offend you to much or drive you away from this thread. Everyone could benefit from your participaition here (and that includes ME)

Monster M&H [/b]
Oh, no problem M&H. You're nothing compared to those people who get so angry when I say that I've played a lot of cruddy Steinways. I really p!ss off those people! They act like it's their own fault that the Steinways I've seen are cruddy. I still want to try the one at Nordstroms. But not because of the name, because I need the experience of playing in public. I think eventually I'd get used to it.

Nice that dvdiva posted the first page of the sheet music; would have been a lot better if the other 7 pages were posted! Anyway I broke down and ordered The Vince Guaraldi Collection off of Amazon. It was like $13 and I kindof feel like I prostituted myself, paying like that -- but on the other end of the transaction -- what would that be called, "johning" myself? I feel so dirty. Y'all are way ahead of me on working this piece, I'm sure.

500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Y'all are way ahead of me on working this piece, I'm sure.
Nah... you'll catch up in no time. I gather from the title, you're getting that version that claims to be the "note-for-note" transcription? I'd be interested to hear if you notice any big differences in the transcription. Obviously, there are already some differences in the versions we've been using amoung our group. Please keep us posted.

Andrew - Shortcircuit85

If you were not sane, you would never misunderstand this question or the consequences of not comprehending its meaning.

I am having BIG problems playing the first two pages HT. I can play them HS no problem and even at something approaching the correct tempo. But I just can't get them together. frown

My latest strategy is to play just the melody note of the right hand and attempt to get the rhythm down on HT before playing all the notes. I am making progress, but it is darned slow. [wonders if maybe Croatian Rhapsody might have been easier to tackle.]

500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
I had some trouble playing HT when I started it too. I got over it by playing the Left hand part over and over and slowely incorporating the right hand after about a dozen or so repetitions with the left hand first. I also exaggerated the 1/4 notes in the bass progression to get the "pulse" of that section down.

Keep at it, once it clicks you'll get that Ureka sensation! Then you'll be asking why did it take so long? laugh Well, at least that's what I did :p

Andrew - Shortcircuit85

If you were not sane, you would never misunderstand this question or the consequences of not comprehending its meaning.
I guess I cheated a bit :p , since I already learned the simplified C-major version of this several years ago. So now I already have the rhythm, but I need to re-learn it in a different key and of course with a LOT more notes! Plus two intervals which I haven't started on yet!

Just wanted to say hi. I'm waiting my music to come. How long can an envelope take?

Does anyone have a link to a free mp3 file or otherwise so that I can listen to what it's suppose to sound like. I can't recall if anyone previously posted such a link. Thanks!

500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
My friend Seebechstein,

You've got it wrong. I for one, don't get upset if you feel you've played "cruddy Steinways". That is your opinion, and so be it. No problem with that. It is, however, your PATTERN of personal attacks against the PEOPLE who chose to purchase a Steinway that I find puzzling. Can you see that?

Do you not agree that your REPEATED comments to the effect that S&S OWNERS have more $$$ than musical sense crosses the line between harmless opinion and vindictiveness? I guess not.

While you may delight in thinking that you "****" us off, you actually come across as one who is jealous and begrudging. Give that some thought please.

BTW, I can play Linus and Lucy fluently, and, offer help to anyone here. That includes you Seebechstein. smile

fingers

Playing piano at age 2, it was thought that I was some sort of idiot-savant. As it turns out, I'm just an idiot.
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Fur Elise, DVDIA posted the first page of the 8 page version. You could definetly start learning that intro page before your music comes. Those first 6-7 measures are repeated quite a bit, so it would be worth learning now.

If you are getting the 4 page version, just let me know, and I'll get you a temporary printable version which I had scanned. I don't mind if you've already purchased the music.

Andrew - Shortcircuit85

Originally posted by seebechstein:
Nice that dvdiva posted the first page of the sheet music
Thanks! But the 1st page of all sheet music is usually free on digital sheet music stores. They post a preview which you can print and listen to. The picture I posted (the one with the "Reproduction Prohibited" watermark wink ) is from SheetMusicPlus's site.

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Originally posted by fingers:
It is, however, your PATTERN of personal attacks against the PEOPLE who chose to purchase a Steinway that I find puzzling. Can you see that?
I do not attack specific musicians who made a selection based on what felt and sounded good to them. I do make a generalization (that perhaps isn't true for many people on this forum) to say that people buying Steinways frequently have more money than talent, and I stand by that generalization.

What I see is you trolling constantly, following me around the forum and trying to pick a fight.

Originally posted by fingers:
you actually come across as one who is jealous and begrudging. Give that some thought please.
I am not jealous of anyone who owns a Steinway. In fact, just the opposite!

But then again, I've never played a Hamburg D. Adrian says this is the piano to die for, so it obviously is a very different piano than the various Ls, Ms, and Os I've come across.

O
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
O
Is it too much to ask that these very interesting discussions which have nothing to do with learning "Linus and Lucy" be taken up in different threads?

Aren't these discussions bordering on hijacking the threads?

Please take these conversations to a separate thread.

Thank you very much.

Jeff
[Linked Image]
I'm not officially a part of this group, but I decided to order the 8 page sheet music and I've been working hard. I think I have a pretty good handle on most of the music, except the last few measures of the jazz section.

If someone has it down, it would be nice to hear their slow version of the jazz section. Even better, the whole thing. I can't access Nina's file from page 3, which was very helpful when I could hear it. I keep getting an error message when trying to download it.

I always wanted to pretend that I was an architect.

Hey, icekid767, if you've got a "pretty good handle on most of the music," you're way ahead of a lot of us and are now an "official" member of the group. smile I wish I could help you out with a recording, but seeing as I am still stuck on getting the first two pages HT, it will be a very very long time before I get anything recordable. Perhaps fingers could post a recording for us.

O
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
O
icekid767,

One of the reasons we're getting such an early start on this piece is in hopes of finishing it before Christmas.

But now that you are officially part of the group, would you mind if we asked you for some recordings at some point? We have found in other groups, that recordings at half speed (and even slower) are very helpful to those working to get these pieces off the ground.

Any recordings you would be willing to share with us would be very, very appreciated...for sure!

Jeff
[Linked Image]
Thank you Monica. I would have signed up, but I lost my password until today.

I do not have any recording equipment. I suppose I could download some free recording software off the net. It would sound crappy, but if it helps I will do it.

On the other hand, when I say I have a pretty good handle on it, I mean my progress is steady. I have the reapeated part down (because I used to mess around with that back in the day). I could play page 3-4 slowly and most of the swing stuff, but as i said, I need help with the last part of the swing stuff.

I'd be happy to help if you could help me with recording equipment or software.

Search the archives for "recording" and you'll get a slew of (sometimes contradictory) advice. The easiest way, if you don't care about professional quality recordings (and we don't), is to buy a cheap microphone and plug it in your laptop (if you have one, or move your computer over near the piano if you don't), and download audacity (free) from the web. A bit of trial and error and you'll be recording stuff in no time.

I'll try that and then I'll have something by the end of the day, if not sooner. I also have to figure out how to use that free filesharing thing. I'm pretty new to this stuff. I don't mean to hijack this thread. I'll go check this out and try my best.

500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
I'm glad you're in IceKid...

I haven't spent a lot of time on the swing part either yet. I'm still trying overcome the mistake I taught myself in the main section. It is a part I am hoping someone else will get completely and post. Nina's recording was very helpful, but it still just doesn't sound right!

Andrew - Shortcircuit85

Page 6 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  Bart K, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Recommended Songs for Beginners
by FreddyM - 04/16/24 03:20 PM
New DP for a 10 year old
by peelaaa - 04/16/24 02:47 PM
Estonia 1990
by Iberia - 04/16/24 11:01 AM
Very Cheap Piano?
by Tweedpipe - 04/16/24 10:13 AM
Practical Meaning of SMP
by rneedle - 04/16/24 09:57 AM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,392
Posts3,349,310
Members111,634
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission