Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Page 31 of 36 < 1 2 ... 29 30 31 32 33 35 36 >
Topic Options
#1975847 - 10/19/12 05:27 PM Re: OT, Tell us about yourself [Re: Greener]
lizzie3 Offline

Loc: Ontario, Canada
Hello! I too am new smile

My name is Elizabeth and I just turned 28. I started piano when I was 17 but was only able to learn for 2 years and then left for school. But I had such a fabulous teacher that I never stopped thinking about one day retaking up the piano. About 2 years ago while still away from home I bought myself an affordable Yamaha touchtone keyboard and retook lessons for about 2 months...then I decided to move as school was finished.

When I moved here I locked for an afforable teacher who was willing to teach me every other week but apparently that didnt exist. Well at least not from anyone who was qualified...

I started looking again this month and I found a great teacher whom is able to accomodate my needs (I also work shiftwork so I cant have a set lesson time) and just gave me a free 30 minute trial this morning...which turned into 2 hours!! I cant believe her generousity!!!

Im so excited to get back into piano, and hope I can get back to where I was previously. I like pop, rock and Im enjoying exploring classical.

Also I love reading, sewing, quilting, and my new kitten!

I look forward to becoming part of this community!
elizabeth

(ads P/S)

Sauter Pianos

#1975857 - 10/19/12 05:39 PM Re: OT, Tell us about yourself [Re: Mr Super-Hunky]
BeccaBb Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: Thunder Bay, On Canada
Welcome to ABF Elizabeth!

Sounds like your off to a great start! smile

Floundering and Lost
Roland RD300NX

#1976088 - 10/20/12 05:21 AM Re: OT, Tell us about yourself [Re: Mr Super-Hunky]
StefaanBelgium Offline

Loc: Belgium
Hi, I'm Stefaan, 43 years old and from Belgium.
7 years ago I rented a piano and took lessons for some time with a teacher. After a while I had to part with the teacher because she sometimes forgot the appointments or cancelled on the very last moment. I thought I could continu by myself, but eventually gave up due to lack of a structured learning scheme...
Fast forward to several weeks ago: my daughter of 12 showed some interest in taking up piano, so I bought a Kawai CA65 last week and got going again. This time I'm learning from Alfreds Adults course and I have to say I find it well structured. Just don't like all the 'songs', but you can't have it all ... Right now I'm relearning Fur Elise ( at least the first 3 pages ) and it's going all right considering how long I didn't play.

#1976145 - 10/20/12 09:25 AM Re: OT, Tell us about yourself [Re: Mr Super-Hunky]
EdwardianPiano Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: Liverpool, England
Hello Elizabeth and Stefaan- sounds like you are both doing great.

Edited by EdwardianPiano (10/20/12 09:26 AM)

"He who divines the secret of my music is delivered from the misery that haunts the world."

Ludwig Van Beethoven

#1978512 - 10/25/12 02:23 PM Re: OT, Tell us about yourself [Re: Mr Super-Hunky]
jaredm2012 Offline

Loc: Alabama
Hey guys!

My name is Jared Miller, I'm currently a 5th year senior at Auburn University. I am studying Accounting, and I will graduate in May of 2013 (can't wait!). I turned 23 this past August.

I have wanted to play piano for years, but we could never really afford lessons. I did play saxophone for about 10 years, and I also played French horn and various percussion instruments for band in high school. However, I found that I loved music, but didn't really love those instruments!

Fast forward to earlier this year. My roommate has a pretty nice electric piano in our apartment, and I had always wanted to learn, so I started playing around with it. I went through most of the Alfred Adult All-in-One Book 1 by myself, and then learned To Zanarkand (a wonderful piano piece by Nobuo Uematsu, a composer for the Final Fantasy game series).

I decided I wanted to get more serious about learning, so I sought out lessons. I saw that a friend of mine who was about to graduate with a degree in piano performance was looking to give lessons, so I decided to take from him! So, I've been taking lessons since mid-August. Currently, we are working through the "Little Music Book for Anna Magdalena Bach." So far I've learned the Minuet in G Major (4) and Minuet in G Minor (5), and I am currently working on Couperin's Rondeau (6) (Les Bergeries) and the Musette (22) (composer unknown).

Outside of piano, I love to sing, write music (though I haven't done that in a while, hope to get back into it soon!),read, watch football, baseball, and gymnastics, and I love playing board games with friends and family. That about sums me up!

Edited by jaredm2012 (10/25/12 02:23 PM)

#1978524 - 10/25/12 02:44 PM Re: OT, Tell us about yourself [Re: Mr Super-Hunky]
tangleweeds Offline

Silver Supporter until Jan 11 2012

Loc: Portlandia
Welcome, Jared! It's great that you've had the opportunity and initiative to make your piano wishes into reality.

neglected piano blog

#1994287 - 12/03/12 07:08 PM Re: OT, Tell us about yourself [Re: Mr Super-Hunky]
badgerops Offline

Loc: Qld, Australia
Hi, my name is Dave. I'm 33y/o and I currently work as a remote area paramedic and have plenty of time to spare (fortunately) for piano practice. I've a Wife and child that live in the city (about 1800kms away) and I fly to and from work every fortnight. I have just recently been inspired to learn piano, though I have no previous instrument playing experience except from a little music theory at high school. I've always wanted to learn an instrument and I especially enjoy listening to piano music, hence the decision. There is only one piano teacher in the town that I work from, and he does not commence lessons til next year, so in the mean time I shall be working my way through Alfreds Adult Beginner book which seems to be fairly well recommended online and at the music store from which it was bought. This is a great forum, and I will be following/searching it regularly looking for advice and tips over the coming months.

#1994585 - 12/04/12 10:53 AM Re: OT, Tell us about yourself [Re: Mr Super-Hunky]
Evelyn S Offline

Loc: Indonesia
Hi, my name is Evelyn and. I'm 14 and I'm from Indonesia. I've been learning piano ever since I was 6 and during the past 2 years I have been slacking off a lot due to personal reasons and I was totally unmotivated to continue playing and I even thought of quitting! (thank god I didn't!) Then last month, I watched a very amazing and motivating classical music themed movie and I became really motivated. I know it's silly but I have loads to thank to the producer and the staffs of the movie as well as the actors who have done such a great job. I'm now aiming for a good music college either in Singapore (NAFA), England (Royal) or France. But then again, my parents aren't really thrilled with the idea so I need to convince them that I'll be able to do it. I'm taking ABRSM exams (now grade 7) and I'm looking forward to participating in competitions as well as piano festivals.

I have lots of projects that I'm working on right now and I have dedicated myself fully to the piano although schoolwork still gets in the way sometimes but I still manage to practice 2-3 hours a day.

I'm really insecure about my short fingers and I have a terrible stage fright and also my memorization isn't that good. I'll play really good at home but when I'm playing in front of people my mind went blank. But I hope I'll survive this Sunday for my Christmas recital.
Berceuse - Frank Bridge
Piano Sonata No 1 3rd Mvt (Allegro) - Mozart

#1999370 - 12/14/12 11:02 AM Re: OT, Tell us about yourself [Re: Mr Super-Hunky]
Zushikikato Offline

Loc: Paranaque, Philippines
Hello my name is Brian from the Philippines, 25 years old. I began learning the instrument when I was six using my grandparent's Steinway and Sons. At the time of this post I don't have a full time job as I am the one taking care of our newborn.

My parents (especially my dad) was very strict when it comes to my piano lessons and practices. I can still remember that I was almost crying, begging him to put a halt to my lessons and tell my music teacher not to drop by for our weekly lessons. Worst part is that I was crying over a very simple folk song! Haha! Time came when he got me my own piano (It was a German made Kraus piano if I remember it right.) so that I could practice at home. Then at my request a Casio keyboard when I was at high school so that I can perform with a rock band. Sadly, I wasn't able to pursue music for college because computers were hyping up during those years and eventually my dad decided that I will get a more decent job if I will pursue a degree in computer studies than music. For more than 6 years I stopped playing the piano. I was only playing non weighted keyboards and the electric guitar for band gigs. I really didn't like the way it feels (keyboard) but I did learned a lot about it. I realized that my passion is really with the piano because after all of those years I still long to play a piano.

After a few years, I got married to my wife and now we have a beautiful 4month child whom I am planning to pass my knowledge about the black and white.

After shopping around for a sweet deal on a Digital Piano, (because an acoustic piano will tear a hole on our budget when it comes to it's maintenance) we got the Korg SP250 and I really hope that I will be able to regain the years that I have lost for not playing the same classic pieces that I was playing when I was a child. I have a lot of free time when the baby is asleep and that's when I sneak in to the piano for some practice.

Wish me luck! smile
Kraus
Yamaha
Korg SP250

#1999556 - 12/14/12 08:04 PM Re: OT, Tell us about yourself [Re: Zushikikato]
captainderry Offline

I'm Mike, 33, Wales UK, grade 8 violin but brand new to piano (and loving it but so frustrated at the same time, wish I'd have chosen piano from the beginning!) I'm an airline pilot for British Airways based at LHR flying the 747.

#1999722 - 12/15/12 08:34 AM Re: OT, Tell us about yourself [Re: Zushikikato]
JimF Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: south florida
Welcome Zushikikato and Captainderry,

You will find lots of support around here for your piano journey. If you have questions, just ask.

Estonia L190 #7284

#2000589 - 12/17/12 06:55 AM Re: OT, Tell us about yourself [Re: JimF]
Barmybird Offline

Loc: UK
I'm Claire, 31 years old, Manchester, UK.

Did GCSE Music at 16, hated the theory, and consequently failed.

Had a mid life crisis at 30 and decided I needed to so "ME" things, one of which was to try the piano!

Found an amazing teacher round the corner from me, and have been having lessons a shade over a year. Completed Alfreds Adult book 1 and 2, finished Carter Burwells Bellas Lullaby (twilight fans will know what I'm on about!) Working on Eric Claptons Wonderful Tonight!

I just wish I'd done this 20 years ago!!

#2000615 - 12/17/12 08:30 AM Re: OT, Tell us about yourself [Re: Barmybird]
qwert Offline

Loc: Switzerland
Welcome Claire!
You've made VERY good progress!

#2003522 - 12/23/12 02:06 PM Re: OT, Tell us about yourself [Re: Mr Super-Hunky]
cookiemonster Offline

Loc: Seattle, WA
Hi everyone! I'm new here, as of about a week or two ago. My name is Kristine. I'm a 37-year-old software engineer currently residing in Seattle, WA.

I came back to the piano about three years ago, after not having played for almost two decades (I took lessons as a child through high school). I'm currently taking both piano and harp lessons from the same teacher, who is wonderful -- if anyone is looking for a piano and/or harp teacher in the Seattle metro area, I'd love to recommend her!

I recently purchased my first piano (a sort of early 40th birthday gift to myself!) and kind of went whole hog with it by buying a Schimmel grand, which I am now desperately trying to live up to. The pieces I'm currently working on are Debussy's Dr Gradus ad Parnassum (I am utterly amazed by anyone who can play this at tempo) and Michael Newman's The Heart Asks Pleasure First (from the movie The Piano). I'm hoping to start learning some Gershwin songs next.

#2003622 - 12/23/12 07:01 PM Re: OT, Tell us about yourself [Re: Mr Super-Hunky]
PaperClip Online   content
500 Post Club Member

Loc: Amsterdam, Holland
Welcome cookiemonster!

That's a nice piano you have! And a harp is a beautiful instrument too. Pretty big one too.

I love The Heart Asks Pleasure First!

Playing since May 02 2009

#2003641 - 12/23/12 07:37 PM Re: OT, Tell us about yourself [Re: lizzie3]
adultpianist Offline
500 Post Club Member

hi what can I say... I am 49, female live in the UK and love the piano. Started learning four years ago and have taken Grades 1,2, and 3. Not sure about doing Grade 4 yet as I want a break from the stress of exams. My teacher has said I can have a three month break and then study for the next exam. I just want to relax a little before the hard graft of the next exam

#2007848 - 01/02/13 08:48 AM Re: OT, Tell us about yourself [Re: Mr Super-Hunky]
torquenale Offline

Loc: Italy
Hello!
I'm new here, I registered a few days ago to sign up for MOYD 2013 (but during the last here I followed the ABF).
I'm 43, italian (sorry for my funny English) and I re-started studying piano in October 2011, after a 25 year stop; in fact I had lessons when I was 12-15 (I was not motivated, and my parents stop paying the teacher).
Now I'm taking lessons with a wonderful teacher, and I'm allowed to negotiate the repertoire to be studied.
I'm working on one of Bach Inventions (number 8, almost OK), one Scarlatti sonata (K78, quite difficult but starting to have a shape), Schumann Album for the Young (this was decided by the teacher, I find Schumann very hard), one of the Chopin preludes op. 20 (n. 20 in c minor) and one Czerny study (I'm WAY WAY under a decent tempo with it, and I started months ago).
I have to negotiate my practice time with my job, my family and the fact that both my children take piano lesson and use my beloved upright); so my time is usually late in the evening, with the digital, when I'm very tired!
For some extra motivation I joined the MODY 2013.

Alessandra

#2007912 - 01/02/13 11:29 AM Re: OT, Tell us about yourself [Re: Mr Super-Hunky]
mabraman Offline

Loc: Valencia, Spain
Hello, I'm 45 and this is my first year taking lessons.I live in Spain. I started lessons on September, but previous year I began with theory classes, too.
I'm having a lot of fun, so far, and my teachers say I'm doing well.
This forums are a great help for me, because I'm taking instrument lessons only for 1/2 hour per week (and 1 1/2 of theory and reading). It is so little time that I try to complement my learning on the web, and reading some basic harmony books, or transcribing some sheets with musescore, and so on.
I've learned some DP basics on the DP's forum, and already purchased one.
Now I'm focusing mostly in adult beginner's forum and teacher's one, too, for I'm a little disorientated with my piano teacher. But this is to be spoken in a proper thread.
Thans everybody here for being so kind and sharing so much.

#2043345 - 03/05/13 12:12 PM Re: OT, Tell us about yourself [Re: Mr Super-Hunky]
UKIkarus Online   content

Loc: England, South East
Greetings,

I'm 23 male and have been playing for 1.5 years, have had lessons for about 5 months now initially starting by ear and general experimentation.

I had initially wanted to play piano and keyboard for years but never took it up or had the funding to do so until recently, unfortunately I could never get an upright as I simply don't have the room available to me at the moment so ended up going digital, looking for active communities that enjoy music and playing a variety of instruments to make friends, learn a thing or two and contribute anything I have to offer.

I am also part of several other smaller communities based around piano/music in general and enjoy listening to and learning from others on a daily basis, often taking turns streaming on-line and sharing recordings with others.

I hope someday that I can achieve my goals and go on to enjoy music for many years to come.

Looking forward to getting to know you all!

Edited by UKIkarus (03/05/13 12:18 PM)

#2043405 - 03/05/13 02:30 PM Re: OT, Tell us about yourself [Re: Mr Super-Hunky]
Monica K. Offline

Platinum Supporter until Dec 31 2012

Loc: Lexington, Kentucky
Welcome, UKIkarus! smile What kind of music do you want to learn the most?

#2043761 - 03/06/13 05:01 AM Re: OT, Tell us about yourself [Re: Mr Super-Hunky]
UKIkarus Online   content

Loc: England, South East
I am quite fond of all types of music in general however, I am leaning more towards classical as of late as I have found my technique could use some improvements... I'm hoping pieces from Chopin will help with independence, accuracy, control and technique.

Of course I am still a beginner for now, but we all have to start somewhere right? I am trying to strengthen my right hand coordination a bit (which is ironic since I am right handed) and learn how to do basic runs with both hands in a multitude of keys just general strengthening in any area I can as to improve overall. smile

I do find myself playing a lot of slower more mellow pieces but I do occasionally play something a little faster or with a little more bounce so it's really dependent on how I feel at the time... I enjoy improvising and experimenting too as it helps to learn what works and what doesn't work so well.

Edited by UKIkarus (03/06/13 05:04 AM)

#2044411 - 03/07/13 09:12 AM Re: OT, Tell us about yourself [Re: Mr Super-Hunky]
CStrong73 Offline

Loc: Michigan, USA
Hi!
My name is Tina. I just turned 40, and the same weekend I bought a used piano for my 8 year old daughter. She's been taking lessons for almost a year now on a little keyboard and doing really well, and still loving it. So I took the plunge and found an old, but really well-maintained Baldwin Acrosonic console on Craigslist. We've had it about two weeks now, and I keep finding myself sitting down to mess around and winding up spending half hour to an hour.

I took lessons for a couple years when I was my daughter's age (maybe 8-11 years old?) then dropped the piano and took up the flute all through middle school and high school. Now that we have an actual piano, I decided to try to re-teach myself. smile I bought the Alfred's All-In-One coursebook (book #1) and a book of very simplified classical pieces.

The beginning of the Alfred's is a review, but I'm trying to make sure I still read everything and do all the exercises. I also printed off some note recognition flashcards. I'm finding I have no trouble recognizing the treble notes, but I'm awful with the bass notes. Must be all the flute playing.:) I made it through about 19 pages of Alfred's and played through the first piece in the classical book several times last night. It was fun! I am really impatient to get the piano tuned....but waiting a few more weeks to let it settle in.

Finding time to practice regularly will be my challenge as I have a husband, three kids 10 and under, a puppy and a full-time job. I'm hoping posting on here will keep me motivated. I'll admit, though, I'm terrified at the thought of recording myself and posting it. Not to mention I have no clue how to do that.

#2044440 - 03/07/13 10:07 AM Re: OT, Tell us about yourself [Re: CStrong73]
CarlosCC Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: Lisboa, Portugal
Originally Posted By: CStrong73
Hi!
My name is Tina. I just turned 40, and the same weekend I bought a used piano for my 8 year old daughter. She's been taking lessons for almost a year now on a little keyboard and doing really well, and still loving it. So I took the plunge and found an old, but really well-maintained Baldwin Acrosonic console on Craigslist. We've had it about two weeks now, and I keep finding myself sitting down to mess around and winding up spending half hour to an hour.

I took lessons for a couple years when I was my daughter's age (maybe 8-11 years old?) then dropped the piano and took up the flute all through middle school and high school. Now that we have an actual piano, I decided to try to re-teach myself. smile I bought the Alfred's All-In-One coursebook (book #1) and a book of very simplified classical pieces.

The beginning of the Alfred's is a review, but I'm trying to make sure I still read everything and do all the exercises. I also printed off some note recognition flashcards. I'm finding I have no trouble recognizing the treble notes, but I'm awful with the bass notes. Must be all the flute playing.:) I made it through about 19 pages of Alfred's and played through the first piece in the classical book several times last night. It was fun! I am really impatient to get the piano tuned....but waiting a few more weeks to let it settle in.

Finding time to practice regularly will be my challenge as I have a husband, three kids 10 and under, a puppy and a full-time job. I'm hoping posting on here will keep me motivated. I'll admit, though, I'm terrified at the thought of recording myself and posting it. Not to mention I have no clue how to do that.

Hi Tina, and welcome to PW!
You are in right place to find the motivation you need. PW is full of rich information to help you in your (new) journey. Nice to know that your daughter is taking lessons and loves to play piano.

Here are some links about recording pieces:
How to record a piano
Recording using the Zoom H4

I'm expecting to hear your pieces soon! thumb
btw: what are your favourite composers?

CarlosCC records
Self-learning since 12/2009
"Don't play what's there, play what's not there."

#2044508 - 03/07/13 12:26 PM Re: OT, Tell us about yourself [Re: Mr Super-Hunky]
JohnG84 Offline

Loc: Liverpool, UK
Hi, I'm John, 28, from Liverpool, UK. I started playing in October last year, and have been taking lessons since December. I have a Yamaha P105, which is good enough for me for the time being smile Currently working my way through (and getting towards the end of) the first book of the Carol Barratt and Michael Aaron adult courses. Been lurking here for a while but thought it was time to start getting involved! Look forward to seeing you all around.

#2044662 - 03/07/13 05:28 PM Re: OT, Tell us about yourself [Re: Mr Super-Hunky]
CarlosCC Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Hi John, and welcome to PW!
Do you have any music background? What was the main reason for you to learn piano?

CarlosCC records

#2044896 - 03/08/13 04:23 AM Re: OT, Tell us about yourself [Re: Mr Super-Hunky]
JohnG84 Offline

Loc: Liverpool, UK
Hi Carlos, thanks!

No musical background really, unless you count playing the drums for a year or two while I was at school (although I guess having a pretty good sense of rhythm has helped with my piano playing so far). I've always liked classical music and always wanted to learn piano, but never got round to it for one reason or another, so decided last year that it was time to do something about it smile My dad plays to a reasonable standard, so that was another motivation - just wish he had got me interested when I was young(er)!

I see you're going to see Einaudi this month? He is playing in Liverpool on 15th April but I missed out on tickets frown Also missing out on a Yundi Li recital that same week!

#2044925 - 03/08/13 06:49 AM Re: OT, Tell us about yourself [Re: JohnG84]
CarlosCC Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Originally Posted By: JohnG84
Hi Carlos, thanks!

No musical background really, unless you count playing the drums for a year or two while I was at school (although I guess having a pretty good sense of rhythm has helped with my piano playing so far). I've always liked classical music and always wanted to learn piano, but never got round to it for one reason or another, so decided last year that it was time to do something about it smile My dad plays to a reasonable standard, so that was another motivation - just wish he had got me interested when I was young(er)!

I see you're going to see Einaudi this month? He is playing in Liverpool on 15th April but I missed out on tickets frown Also missing out on a Yundi Li recital that same week!

Nice to know that your dad is a pianist. unfortunately my parents are not musicians... I always liked piano and I also started late. But the passion is growing!

Einaudi is "selling" very well. I bought my tickets almost 2 months in advance to guarantee the tickets.
Check his page on facebook about internet broadcasts of live concerts (sometimes it happens), like this one he did at home:
Ludovico Einaudi - In a Time Lapse, live from home

CarlosCC records

#2044952 - 03/08/13 08:47 AM Re: OT, Tell us about yourself [Re: CarlosCC]
CStrong73 Offline

Loc: Michigan, USA
[quote=CarlosCCHi Tina, and welcome to PW!
You are in right place to find the motivation you need. PW is full of rich information to help you in your (new) journey. Nice to know that your daughter is taking lessons and loves to play piano.

Here are some links about recording pieces:
How to record a piano
Recording using the Zoom H4

I'm expecting to hear your pieces soon! thumb
btw: what are your favourite composers?
[/quote]

Thanks for the links.
Although after browsing through the latest recital and seeing people with 30+ years of experience, I'm even less inclined to record anything I play! smile
As for favorite composers, I guess I have fairly eclectic taste. I'd find it difficult to choose just one or two. Primarily classical. Not really into jazz at all. For fun maybe a little popular music...movie theme songs and I'd love to learn to play Imagine by John Lennon. Maybe I'll look that one up and see if I can find an easy version.

#2044977 - 03/08/13 09:53 AM Re: OT, Tell us about yourself [Re: CStrong73]
CarlosCC Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Originally Posted By: CStrong73

Thanks for the links.
Although after browsing through the latest recital and seeing people with 30+ years of experience, I'm even less inclined to record anything I play! smile
As for favorite composers, I guess I have fairly eclectic taste. I'd find it difficult to choose just one or two. Primarily classical. Not really into jazz at all. For fun maybe a little popular music...movie theme songs and I'd love to learn to play Imagine by John Lennon. Maybe I'll look that one up and see if I can find an easy version.

C'mon, ABF recitals are a great place to share your progress. It's a oportunity to read comments of people with large experience and, most important, to keep you with a goal to achieve. At the same time you will listen pieces of all the styles and composers wich fits perfectly on what you're looking for. You'll contact with composeres unknown for you at the time, therefore, you'll get "richer". My first recital was in 2010 and I had less then a year of experience. I'm not regreat.

I'm not sure, but I think the average of ABF participants it's not 30+ years of experience. I would say it's an average of 10 years(?) of experience. Just a clue.

I'm sure you'll find easy versions of popular songs. Just search the internet (PW included!) or buy some books.

CarlosCC records

#2045676 - 03/09/13 08:28 PM Re: OT, Tell us about yourself [Re: Mr Super-Hunky]
Codi Offline

Loc: Banksoda muddy river, Missouri...
Hello, I have just joined this site and am enjoying all of the links about practice and reading on the forum! My name is Codi, I am from Cape Girardeau Missouri.

I have returned to piano about 4 years ago after a 20 year break. I took lessons when I was 9 or so, for a couple years, but then began guitar. Now I play and practice piano every day. It seems a lot harder now! I like to learn songs from the 90's and songs from movies. My pianos are a Cable Nelson upright and a 1920ish Wurlitzer baby grand (W is the one I play mostly because it is so loud!).

Other things:
I live in the country with forests and meadows and creeks and rocks.
My professional work is taxidermy.
I have a cat.
I like to go fishing and play outside when it is sunny.

The end.

Page 31 of 36 < 1 2 ... 29 30 31 32 33 35 36 >

Moderator:  BB Player, casinitaly 
What's Hot!!
Our latest Issue is available now...
Piano News - Interesting & Fun Piano Related Newsletter! (free)
-------------------
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Seiler Pianos
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
73 registered (barbaram, a-z0-9, AndrewJCW, barmassimo, AZNpiano, 19 invisible), 1340 Guests and 19 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
75553 Members
42 Forums
156219 Topics
2294265 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Happy Birthday Cinnamonbear!
by Kuanpiano
07/27/14 11:17 PM
Finger "Tapes": Purpose?
by CleverName
07/27/14 10:56 PM
Accessories needed for grand pianos.
by Stevio55
07/27/14 08:31 PM
Schulze Pollmann 113e Moderno detail information?
by pdxfz1
07/27/14 07:12 PM
Will starting on unweighted keys cause problems later on?
by Alex1
07/27/14 05:43 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission