Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
Topic Options
#1370591 - 02/10/10 10:06 PM Re: Let's ask David Nevue lots of Questions!! [Re: David Nevue]
Woody-Woodruff Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: Coastal Mississippi
David,
Very interesting reading. Since there hasn't been any action on this thread in a few years, how about an update of what's been going on with your site and your music. I'm sure that all of the posters above would like to have an update.

Thanks,
Woody

(ads P/S)

Sauter Pianos

#1370628 - 02/10/10 11:29 PM Re: Let's ask David Nevue lots of Questions!! [Re: Woody-Woodruff]
ladypayne Offline

Loc: AK, USA
ooh didnt actually know he was on here shocked

"Don't only practice your art, but force your way into its secrets, for it and knowledge can raise men to the divine." -Ludwig van Beethoven

#1370991 - 02/11/10 01:45 PM Re: Let's ask David Nevue lots of Questions!! [Re: Woody-Woodruff]
David Nevue Offline

Loc: Eugene, Oregon
Hey Woody,

Has it really been over three years since I last posted to this thread? Wow, time flies. Scary.

Anyway, the last few years have been really busy with touring. I do all my own booking, so it keeps me quite occupied. You might be surprised at how much time goes into booking a tour. Managing so many people/venues/dates and the promotion for every single one. It's a lot. And when I'm not touring, I'm usually in the process of lining up booking for my next tour or two. It's ongoing. Right now I'm starting to work on dates for this spring, plus next September and November.

You all probably know about my radio broadcast, Whisperings: Solo Piano Radio. That keeps me hopping as well. There are so many technical issues to keep on top of, plus I do all the customer support myself. And every single day I'm reviewing new music for that. So Whisperings radio is a constant in my day.

I just released a new CD called "Revelation: Solo Piano for Prayer & Worship," so I'm in the process right now of getting that up on iTunes, Pandora and other such places. And then I need to work on licensing for the sheet music for many of the songs on that album, as most of the songs on that album are cover songs. That's going to be a challenge.

I do have a brand new album mostly recorded. I'm returning to the studio in the spring to put the final touches on that. That one is almost all original music. I hope to release that in September or so.

I should have some new sheet music up on my web site within the next week or so.

Doing taxes. Answering emails... Ummmmm....

Beyond that, I have a "live" album that I will start working on as soon as my new one is out. Plus another "Best of" CD covering the years 2001-2010.

After that, I'm not really sure. I will probably continue to write, but I'm itching to do an album of my original worship songs (on guitar) with my church band. So in 2011 I might take a break from piano and work on that. That would be interesting to do, as I've never recorded anything professionally other than piano. I'm not sure whether that album, if I do it, would be something I'd release. I might just do that for my church. I will probably just have to wait and see how the recording goes.

Anyway, as you can tell, always lots going on. Seems like I'm always juggling a million things.

But it's great to live a life full of music! I am blessed.

David Nevue

Edited by David Nevue (02/11/10 01:52 PM)

#1371027 - 02/11/10 02:51 PM Re: Let's ask David Nevue lots of Questions!! [Re: David Nevue]
Sam S Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: Georgia, USA
Hi David - love your music. Every Christmas I struggle with the syncopation in "Away in a Manger". One of these Christmases soon I will be able to play it!

Sam

#1371337 - 02/11/10 11:19 PM Re: Let's ask David Nevue lots of Questions!! [Re: Sam S]
Monica K. Offline

Platinum Supporter until Dec 31 2012

Loc: Lexington, Kentucky
Can't wait to hear your new album, David! Thanks for the update. smile

#1371346 - 02/11/10 11:30 PM Re: Let's ask David Nevue lots of Questions!! [Re: David Nevue]
Strings & Wood Offline

Gold member until Dec. 2012

Loc: USA
Originally Posted By: David Nevue
Hi Monica,

It's been awhile since you posted this, so I hope you see my response. Anyway...

Quote:
Originally posted by Monica Kern:
I've been truly enjoying your Whisperings piano internet station. How did you get the idea to start that and how complicated was it to set up? And how did you find all the artists you highlight on the station?
You've heard the phrase "necessity is the mother of invention?" Well, that definitely applies here. I really didn't have a lot of options for promoting my own piano music to radio. While sure, there are little programs here and there (mostly college stations) that play solo piano, most of these are in the middle of the night or very brief - like two hours once per week.

So I decided to start my own Internet radio station. I started Whisperings in August 2003 and now, three years later, it's the #1 broadcast on Live365.com About 750,000 people a month tune in.

The station wasn't hard to start - Live365.com makes it easy to start and run your own broadcast. The tough part was (and still is) financing it. I'm starting to get that figured out now, though, I think. Just last month I released a subscription (commercial-free) version of our broadcast. Listeners can pay $5/month to support the program and they get several benefits from that.

As for the artists, in the beginning I contacted some of my pianists friends and had them send me their CDs for inclusion on the show. I did that for the first dozen artists or so. After that, CDs just started coming in. I probably get 2-3 CDs a week from artists wanting to be on the show. There's no end to good piano music out there.

So there you have if. For those of you not familiar with Whisperings, you can tune in at http://www.solopianoradio.com

I am glad this thread resurfaced... I wasn't aware of the "Whisperings" channel. I will have to check it out.

#1371374 - 02/12/10 12:03 AM Re: Let's ask David Nevue lots of Questions!! [Re: David Nevue]
BenPiano Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: US
Originally Posted By: David Nevue
Has it really been over three years since I last posted to this thread? Wow, time flies. Scary.

My apologies, but I had to search for "David Nevue" on You Tube. (I'm fairly clueless overall)

Backing up a bit, I created a "We Three Kings" guitar and piano duet for Christmas time and posted it to You Tube. I remember after uploading it searching for other versions of Three Kings, and came across some dude playing it for what appeared to be a private concert in someone's home.

It was extraordinarily awesome, and actually, the end of my short search as I didn't think that it could be topped. And I realized today that was you.

It's a small world. (did I mention your version was awesome?) grin

#1371486 - 02/12/10 02:47 AM Re: Let's ask David Nevue lots of Questions!! [Re: BenPiano]
David Nevue Offline

Thanks so much, Ben. I'm glad you like it!

Keep working on it Sam. I'm sure you'll get it!

#1371795 - 02/12/10 01:16 PM Re: Let's ask David Nevue lots of Questions!! [Re: David Nevue]
blues flat 7 Offline

Loc: PA
Hi David;
Do you have any sheet music for sale for the song " The Old Country Church " ?

Thanks,
Dale

#1371831 - 02/12/10 02:00 PM Re: Let's ask David Nevue lots of Questions!! [Re: blues flat 7]
ladypayne Offline

Loc: AK, USA
Hi david!

I didn't know your music was on sites like pandora. I just added your station to my list on my phone. I also just brought some of your music not too long ago and it's right around my level and they sound amazing. I hope you can keep the sheet music coming and good luck to all your concerts and your tours!:)

"Don't only practice your art, but force your way into its secrets, for it and knowledge can raise men to the divine." -Ludwig van Beethoven

#1371949 - 02/12/10 04:11 PM Re: Let's ask David Nevue lots of Questions!! [Re: blues flat 7]
David Nevue Offline

Not yet, Dale, but I forsee "The Old Country Church" being available as sheet music within the next 3-4 months.

#1371951 - 02/12/10 04:13 PM Re: Let's ask David Nevue lots of Questions!! [Re: blues flat 7]
David Nevue Offline

Thanks ladypayne!

#1372763 - 02/13/10 03:45 PM Re: Let's ask David Nevue lots of Questions!! [Re: David Nevue]
spanishbuddha Online   content
2000 Post Club Member

Loc: UK
Hello David

Please come to London and play in the Royal Albert Hall, just like Ludovico Einaudi is doing next month. http://www.ents24.com/web/event/1823932/Ludovico_Einaudi.html

Anywhere in the UK will do as long as I can come :-)

I love your, and Ludovico's piano playing, it's inspirational.

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4

Moderator:  BB Player, casinitaly 
What's Hot!!
75,000 Members and Growing!
-------------------
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Seiler Pianos
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
95 registered (36251, Al LaPorte, AndrewJCW, ando, Alux, andwi, 29 invisible), 1407 Guests and 18 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
75509 Members
42 Forums
156147 Topics
2293100 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Mendelssohn on meaning in music
by phantomFive
Today at 04:08 AM
Youtube! :)
by PianoPlayer98
Today at 02:46 AM
Youtube! :)
by PianoPlayer98
Today at 01:47 AM
Headphones Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear
by khopin
Today at 12:54 AM
How struts define pitch variation between tunings
by Bosendorff
Yesterday at 11:40 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission