2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
31 members (crab89, CraiginNZ, bwv543, Cominut, Colin Miles, Andre Fadel, BWV846, Animisha, 9 invisible), 1,226 guests, and 272 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Everything said above reflects what I feel as well.
So much information to learn from. Whenever there was a question about a piece I was learning, there was always someone who played it and was able to give great advice.
The recitals are excellent. A way to ensure that one is continually learning new material and to look back on it as well to see improvement.

Monica..what First Act piano thread you talking about..? I think I'll check it out and respond to it..

Peter

Ok..Ok... If you don't want your Steinway give it to me !!!!

Platinum Supporter until Dec 31 2012
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member

Platinum Supporter until Dec 31 2012
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
I'll give you the URL, but I have to preface it by saying that the thread itself won't make as much sense or be as funny unless you keep up regularly on the very controversial threads about Suzuki pianos and the Piano$uper$tore over in the main forum. The opening post in the First Act thread is a word-for-word satire of a similar thread that was started by a guy, many of us whom believed to be a sockpuppet, about a Suzuki piano he had just ordered. (That thread, btw, was so radioactive it not merely got locked but deleted from the archives entirely. eek ) The First Act thread just flowed from there.
"First Act Piano" thread

500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Monica you gave me a big chuckle when you said if it were not for our Piano World you might be a full professor by now. Wanting to share my thoughts on your post. First, you are a huge shining star overlooking our Piano World with your wisdom. We need you. Second," It is lonely at the top?" Chuckles, Sandy B

Sandra M. Boletchek 08/02/06
D
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
D
Sandy (193866) is sending everyone to the ABF to give a tribute to Frank and say a big "THANK YOU" to Piano World.

I especially want to thank Frank for the Non-Classical Piano Forum! It has changed my life! The Tim Richard's Jazz and Blues books are AMAZING! Someone over there mentioned these books along with a Jazz Theory book. I thought, "Oh ya, just another book for the never use pile, but WOW! It's the best!

Words simply can't express how happy I am to have found the Non-Classical Piano Forum and all the AMAZING stuff I have discovered over there!

Also would just like to send out a thank you to Wolfindamist! For introducing me to Youtube videos! That's where I discovered the best tutorial videos! Wherever you are Wolf, just have to say, really miss you!

So, officially, Frank! We appreciate all you do!
Thanks Again!

http://www.pianoworld.com/Uploads/files/goldsparkledress.jpg
Diane
Jazz/Blues/Rock/Boogie Piano Teacher
[Linked Image]
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Ah lol, Monica , here I was trying to be funny because I thought you were talking about the #1 thread. That's why I said I was going to add another post to it. Doh.. smile

Peter

Ok..Ok... If you don't want your Steinway give it to me !!!!
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
Hi Rosanna smile

I find this place such a fabulous escape from the realities of my life and piano has become such an obsession that I really find I have to talk to like minded people about it (because in the main my family and friends just don't really get it!! kinda sad but true frown )

most of all I love to read all the different experiences that many members share on here too, I can't find the time to respond to everything I read but, I read far too much and spend waaay too much time here. I think I am a "piano-world-a-holic"! thumb

thanks Frank from me too

Lee smile

Twitter: @Seaside_Lee
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
What if we woke up tomorrow and no Piano World Forums? This thought makes me very grateful to our founder, mentors and all members of our Piano World Community. Sandy B

Rosanna Offline OP
1000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
1000 Post Club Member
Originally posted by 193866:
What if we woke up tomorrow and no Piano World forums?
Now that's a scary thought. eek

May just be the inspiration (strange as it may seem) for Mr SuperHunky's scary Halloween improv challenge! (See MrSH, I am putting in the pitch whenever I can!)

[Linked Image]
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
THANK YOU FOR YOUR POST ROSANNA...We too often get caught up in our own world to leave it long enough to be grateful Rosanna. Your post indeed has me thinking how grateful we are to Frank B and all the others who are strong supporters of Piano World. So thank you for your post Rosanna. Sandy B

Rosanna Offline OP
1000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
1000 Post Club Member
Sandy, there are many things that come to our lives serendipidously. It's nice to count our blessings. Who would have thought that googling for digital piano reviews would have brought me to this cyber community?

[Linked Image]
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
Originally posted by Rosanna:
The whole purpose to have ambiguous user names to begin with is to separate the *real* person, from the fun filled adult/child inside!
MrSH, I hope that my *real* person is the same as the fun filled adult/child inside! On the other hand, since your avatar looks a bit like your picture, can I assume it's an image of your *real* person? If so, I can't imagine what your child inside is like! laugh
KID-ZILLA!

Actually, to be totally honest, I'm just here to pick up chicks! :p yippie

Rosanna Offline OP
1000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
1000 Post Club Member
... a very profound and thoughtful thread is going down the drain... laugh laugh

[Linked Image]
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Bart K, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Pianodisc PDS-128+ calibration
by Dalem01 - 04/15/24 04:50 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,384
Posts3,349,178
Members111,631
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission