2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
39 members (Andre Fadel, BWV846, Animisha, alexcomoda, benkeys, Burkhard, 20/20 Vision, 11 invisible), 1,180 guests, and 317 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
8000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
8000 Post Club Member
Did you know that there is a 13 hour time difference between the US eastern time zone and Japan? I just went to the US, somehow managed to get over my jetlag while there, and now am back home, trying to get over round 2 of jetlag! frown

Since my body thinks it should be sleeping, anytime I'm sitting quietly, my body seems to think that means it's ok to go to sleep. For example, while working quietly at my desk! Or..

When playing "While the Trees Sleep" by David Nevue. I really want to get this piece recorded, so I want to work on all the details needed for performing it, but whenever I do, my eyes start to droop and my head starts to do that bobbing thing! eek

The only thing that doesn't make me sleepy is working on 2 measure sections of fast passages in a different piece.... sigh.

I've read that it takes the body a day to recover for every hour of time difference. That means I have another week of this... yawn

Started piano June 1999.
Proud owner of a Yamaha C2

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
M
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
M
I've worked nights for over 20 years so I have permanent jet lag... laugh

Platinum Supporter until Dec 31 2012
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member

Platinum Supporter until Dec 31 2012
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
Ouch, Shiro! I hate jet lag even when I'm just going 3 hours across the country. I can't imagine being 13 hours off.

I hear that it's best just to bite the bullet and force yourself to stick to your new schedule (and get outside in the sun as much as you can), but that's bitter medicine to swallow when all you want to do is crawl into bed and sleep. laugh

S
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
S
Shirokuro, sorry to hear about your jet lag!

When my Mom, sister and I went to Japan from Oregon almost two years ago, we used this product and it actually helped - we didn't have any major jet leg either way.........

No-Jet-Lag

D
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
D
When we go to England to visit our families ("only" 5 hours difference to contend with), we pay our respects to whoever we arrive at first after staggering off the red-eye, then check into our accommodation and sleep the clock round - and usually don't suffer any jet lag after that. We discovered this approach about four trips ago when we did it by accident - but we've stuck with it ever since!

500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
That reminds me of the time I took the red eye to London from NYC with some friends. We were having coffee at our London hosts' apartment the morning we arrived, and one of my friends fell asleep and spilled coffee all over their white couch!

Maybe some Joplin would be more in order, SK?

If I had ever learnt, I should have been a great proficient.
[Linked Image]
Van Offline
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
I do an all nighter the first night/day. I hold off sleep until I can hit the sack (when I'm dead tired) at the new sleep period...works every time...you usually wake up noon the next day though. Remember exam/heck week? Haha, I used to be able to go half a week without sleep just on tea.

[Linked Image]
Z
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Z
Having got off a jet to arrive at my room to hear the Birdie SOng being badly played at high volume. i would suggest vthat this is one to be avoided but perhaps at all costs

Moderated by  Bart K, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Pianodisc PDS-128+ calibration
by Dalem01 - 04/15/24 04:50 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,384
Posts3,349,173
Members111,631
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission