2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
35 members (David B, AlkansBookcase, Bruce Sato, dh371, APianistHasNoName, BillS728, bcalvanese, 10 invisible), 1,199 guests, and 297 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 77 of 190 1 2 75 76 77 78 79 189 190
Yet another great job MiM!!! It's nice to know that you can come back to something after letting it sit for years and be able to get it back up to speed quickly.

ARRRGGGH!!! I made a recording of The Polovetsian Dances but forgot to check the recording levels first. Duh!!! They were set very low. The recording came out so quiet I can barely hear it!!!! Lesson learned. I'll try again.

Carol
Kawai RX 2
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image][Linked Image]
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Thanks for the advice MiM and I certainly value the insight. Partially for the reasons you mentioned is the reason I dedicated myself to finding a new Piano Teacher after completing Book 2. I am working on many things outside of A3 right now and will be from now on. My progress through Alfred's is certainly slowing (but not stopping). But you are right: it is more fun "shaking things up" instead of chugging through a single method book.

[Linked Image]
M
MiM Offline
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
M
Here is Scherzo

Next is Introduction and Dance.

500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by Music_in_Me
Here is Scherzo

Next is Introduction and Dance.

Yet another job very well done. I particularly enjoyed your unique ending, that was a nice personal touch (and very well executed)

[Linked Image]
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by HeirborneGroupie
Yet another great job MiM!!! It's nice to know that you can come back to something after letting it sit for years and be able to get it back up to speed quickly.

ARRRGGGH!!! I made a recording of The Polovetsian Dances but forgot to check the recording levels first. Duh!!! They were set very low. The recording came out so quiet I can barely hear it!!!! Lesson learned. I'll try again.

HBG, how is your instructor situation going?

[Linked Image]
Hi Waltz.

Thanks for asking. I have my first meeting with a new teacher next week. I'm excited. This teacher is very accomplished and I am hopeful that she will be an inspiration.

I had my last lesson with my teacher on Thursday. It was sad but I think a good move.

How is your new teacher working out for you?

Carol
Kawai RX 2
[Linked Image]
M
MiM Offline
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
M
Waltz, the last note is supposed to be a D, but I'm recording this on my 61-key keyboard, so I had to use the last C, and then, since this is a scherzo, I thought I add something different to end it with.

Introduction and Dance is also another piece I tried before, but I didn't do well on the left hand as it has some interesting chord and harmony that takes some practice. The only one I skipped so far is La Bamba! I've done the song, but every time I try to do a reasonable recording of it, something or another comes up. But I'm going to do it, no matter what whistle.

500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by HeirborneGroupie
Hi Waltz.

Thanks for asking. I have my first meeting with a new teacher next week. I'm excited. This teacher is very accomplished and I am hopeful that she will be an inspiration.

I had my last lesson with my teacher on Thursday. It was sad but I think a good move.

How is your new teacher working out for you?

I'm so happy it worked out so well for you smile .

My teacher has been amazing. As you mentioned, it really is an inspiration having a dedicated and wise instructor watching over us as we progress.

[Linked Image]
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
I will post this in the A3 and A2 threads... I need some advice/wisdom on how to execute this RH + LH "hand jump" that occurs over and over in Musette in D:

http://www.music-scores.com/graphics/ba_anma_22.gif

There is the sheet music. Basically it's this:

The LH jumps up the keyboard at the same time the RH jumps down. This isn't so hard, the hands are converging.

Next the RH and LH must return to where they were, which means they jump in opposite directions at the same time. This is done with absolutely no break or anything, it must be done instantly to keep the rhythm. But no matter how much I practice I have very low accuracy and around one half of the time I will miss either the LH or the RH's note. The only other thing I can do is break the rhythm and move my hands slowly, but more accurately, to the correct notes.

It's frustrating because I can basically play the entire piece, but no matter how much I practice this "contrary + simultaneous" hand jumping, I just remain horribly inaccurate.

Any advice is appreciated.

[Linked Image]
M
MiM Offline
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
M

M
MiM Offline
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
M
Can't help you Waltz. I can only offer you some motivation.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2FSnalrPYpc

M
MiM Offline
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
M
If that wasn't enough, here is more motivation...sorry, but I had to post this laugh

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZ860P4iTaM&feature=related

500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member

Nice Job!

I had seen an article/video on that piano player earlier on this forum. She is remarkable. I am actually starting to improve at the "jumps": it just takes concentration (no autopiloting)

[Linked Image]
M
MiM Offline
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
M

500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member

Way to go! I remember that piece being one of the easier ones of book 2.

[Linked Image]
M
MiM Offline
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
M
I'm on to Plaisir D'Amor, and I have a question, if anyone cares to help. On the second page, there are some notes for the left hand with one note preceded by a sharp sign in brackets...the note is an F, which is already sharped since the piece is in G major. Why is it so? Is it just a reminder? Not really sure why one needs to be reminded given that the key signature already indicates that. Also, why in brackets anyway?

I'm on to Plaisir D'Amor, and I have a question, if anyone cares to help. On the second page, there are some notes for the left hand with one note preceded by a sharp sign in brackets...the note is an F, which is already sharped since the piece is in G major. Why is it so? Is it just a reminder? Not really sure why one needs to be reminded given that the key signature already indicates that. Also, why in brackets anyway?

Yup, that's just a reminder. This is often done if, in a previous measure, the note was altered to a natural (or if it's being a natural in the other hand). In such cases the "return to sharp" indication isn't required, but simply added as a reminder.

Undone

[Linked Image]
M
MiM Offline
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
M
Thanks...you'd think they would thrown in a footnote to explain that, as I don't recall seeing anything on it before in Alfred's.

How's your Book 3 learning going, undone? Do you feel there is a big jump in technical requirement, or is it reasonably presented?

I found that getting started in Book 3 was similar to getting started in Book2: First they lull you into a false sense of security and make you think you’ve come a long way, and then they hit you with some real challenges. smile Seriously though, things are going fine. I have found that I have to spend more and more time on many of the individual selections and I suspect this trend will continue.

Undone

[Linked Image]
M
MiM Offline
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
M

Last edited by Music_in_Me; 09/11/09 09:58 PM.
Page 77 of 190 1 2 75 76 77 78 79 189 190

Moderated by  Bart K, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Pianodisc PDS-128+ calibration
by Dalem01 - 04/15/24 04:50 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,384
Posts3,349,159
Members111,630
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission