Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Page 3 of 101 < 1 2 3 4 5 ... 100 101 >
Topic Options
#991152 - 06/25/07 03:10 PM Re: Alfred's Basic and All in One Adult Piano Course Book #2
Mark... Offline
4000 Post Club Member

Loc: Jersey Shore
 Quote:
Originally posted by redcoat:
 Quote:
I'd see how many of the songs you can dig up on You-Tube and the Internet. I'd love to have people upload their songs from each book to each corresponding thread, just for situations like yours. If I ever get cured of red dot fever I'll upload some...
Thanks Mark, I managed to find a music supplier over here who is selling me the Book #2 + CD for £17.00 inc. postage, thats roughly double the cost of buying it in the USA though.

Thanks for starting these Alfred's threads, reading other members experiences and input is great incentive to keep my head down and practice. I'm slowly getting there...next stop You Tube. [/b]
I'm glad you found it. The CD will help. I'd love to eventually have every song and exercise from the corresponding books uploaded by those using the books. If I ever get over my red dot fever I will post some myself. \:D

And thanks for the kind words. This forum, the members (loly, and now some teachers and a cast of many) and these threads really keep me motivated and progressing as well...

And don't forget to link us to your You Tube performances...

Mark

(ads P/S)

Petrof Pianos

#991153 - 06/27/07 12:11 AM Re: Alfred's Basic and All in One Adult Piano Course Book #2
Mark... Offline
4000 Post Club Member

I have to say it again, I'm really enjoying "Light and Blue" in book two. For a beginner method song, it really grabs you...

I seem to really gravitate to the Blues song so far...hummm...

#991154 - 06/27/07 08:05 AM Re: Alfred's Basic and All in One Adult Piano Course Book #2
Oxfords Gal Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: Jacksonville, Florida
I liked the 2 songs that are in your book which aren't in mine. Tumbalakaika and Roman Holiday. I thought those were so neato.

It's kind of funny, I used to dislike the blues songs but once I start playing them I like them.

I'm at a standstill right now and getting antsy. My teacher had to cancel our class last saturday so I'm still stuck with the music my old teacher assigned me on 17 May since I didn't get my first lesson till 3 weeks after I had them assigned. \:\(

#991155 - 06/27/07 09:38 AM Re: Alfred's Basic and All in One Adult Piano Course Book #2
Mark... Offline
4000 Post Club Member

Quote:
Originally posted by loly:

It's kind of funny, I used to dislike the blues songs but once I start playing them I like them [/b]
I've been the same way. When I start the blues song, I'm not thrilled, but once you start getting it to speed, you really enjoy it.

If your board I have another song for you... \:D

#991156 - 06/27/07 12:01 PM Re: Alfred's Basic and All in One Adult Piano Course Book #2
Oxfords Gal Offline
1000 Post Club Member

yes, please please give me another. My husband is off today so he can be the pups chew toy. weeee. looking forward to getting it.

#991157 - 07/04/07 01:37 PM Re: Alfred's Basic and All in One Adult Piano Course Book #2
Oxfords Gal Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Hey Mark,

I think you're going to like Village dance. It's simple but has a neat catchy tune. \:D

#991158 - 07/04/07 08:06 PM Re: Alfred's Basic and All in One Adult Piano Course Book #2
Mark... Offline
4000 Post Club Member

Quote:
Hey Mark,

I think you're going to like Village dance. It's simple but has a neat catchy tune. \:D [/b]
Good because La Raspa is killing me...uggh \:\)

I'm still probably 2-3 months from Village dance.

Mark

#991159 - 07/04/07 09:20 PM Re: Alfred's Basic and All in One Adult Piano Course Book #2
z32 Offline

Loc: California
^^^^ LOL I hated La Raspa. Sounded horrible. It's not even an issue of it being a hard song, just that the overall melody of the song was awful, IMO. I'm really hoping there's some good songs in the next near pages. \:D

#991160 - 07/04/07 09:31 PM Re: Alfred's Basic and All in One Adult Piano Course Book #2
Mark... Offline
4000 Post Club Member

Quote:
Originally posted by z32:
^^^^ LOL I hated La Raspa. Sounded horrible. It's not even an issue of it being a hard song, just that the overall melody of the song was awful, IMO. I'm really hoping there's some good songs in the next near pages. \:D [/b]
I cheated and checked out Scherzo...its a sweet piece, as well as Introduction and Dance. But be warned, La Cucaracha follows those songs... \:D

#991161 - 07/04/07 09:37 PM Re: Alfred's Basic and All in One Adult Piano Course Book #2
z32 Offline

Loc: California
 Quote:
Originally posted by Mark737:
 Quote:
Originally posted by z32:
^^^^ LOL I hated La Raspa. Sounded horrible. It's not even an issue of it being a hard song, just that the overall melody of the song was awful, IMO. I'm really hoping there's some good songs in the next near pages. \:D [/b]
I cheated and checked out Scherzo...its a sweet piece, as well as Introduction and Dance. But be warned, La Cucaracha follows those songs... \:D [/b]
Ah yea, I remember those. Scherzo and Intro and Dance were a few of the ones I liked! I guess since I've learned songs like Marriage D'amour and Cristofori's Dream, these songs in the book seem a bit simple for me hehe.

#991162 - 07/05/07 09:04 PM Re: Alfred's Basic and All in One Adult Piano Course Book #2
mamawatchman Offline

Loc: Ohio
My teacher hates La Cucaracha and let me skip it:) That's the only time she's done that!
I'm on Braham's Lullaby now.......

Char

#991163 - 07/05/07 10:04 PM Re: Alfred's Basic and All in One Adult Piano Course Book #2
Mark... Offline
4000 Post Club Member

Quote:
Originally posted by mamawatchman:
My teacher hates La Cucaracha and let me skip it:) That's the only time she's done that!
I'm on Braham's Lullaby now.......

Char [/b]
I'll go over it and mess with it for a week or so, but that one I'm going to let go really fast... \:D

#991164 - 07/06/07 12:16 AM Re: Alfred's Basic and All in One Adult Piano Course Book #2
newcar Offline

Loc: Brasil
Does any one have the book in PDF format? I only have the first one.

And am not from USA, so i cant find this book here and its hard to import.

PM me if you have the PDF, it will help me a lot, thx!

#991165 - 07/06/07 01:22 AM Re: Alfred's Basic and All in One Adult Piano Course Book #2
funburger Offline
1000 Post Club Member

newcar, you can buy a copy on ebay. sorry i wont pdf it and send it, thats a copyright violation. however ebay and amazon is a great place to start and buy.

#991166 - 07/06/07 10:10 AM Re: Alfred's Basic and All in One Adult Piano Course Book #2
Mark... Offline
4000 Post Club Member

A little update on my book two progress...

Well I kind of hit a wall today. I've been practicing like crazy while I've been on vacation and doubling up my Alfred work load. But yesterday I hit a wall with the second page of "Introd to Dance" I need to take a step back and tighten up some of these songs before I push ahead.

And it was funny regarding Scherzo, I went ahead trying it out and was playing it all wrong, It sounded great though!!. Teacher fixed it...I give you self teachers credit. Without my teacher I would be making many errors that I don't even realize.

So I'm a little down because of the problems, but I hit spots like this in book one and with time and hard work was able to get past these bumps in the road...

I must fight this down period and forge ahead...

Mark

So how's everyone else doing? \:D

#991167 - 07/06/07 10:11 AM Re: Alfred's Basic and All in One Adult Piano Course Book #2
IrishMak Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: New Hampshire, USA
La Raspa and Cucaracha were not special favorites, here, either.

1889 Mason & Hamlin screwstringer upright
Kawai MP-4 digital

---------------------------
When life hands you lemons, throw them back and add some of your own. Stupid life.

#991168 - 07/06/07 01:55 PM Re: Alfred's Basic and All in One Adult Piano Course Book #2
Oxfords Gal Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Hey mark,

Hope you're having a great time on vacation.

Maybe you're trying too hard and overloading. Take a step back, maybe a 1 or 2 day break will help you. Approach them in a non chalant way, relaxed and don't be so hard on yourself.

#991169 - 07/06/07 02:47 PM Re: Alfred's Basic and All in One Adult Piano Course Book #2
Mark... Offline
4000 Post Club Member

Quote:
Hey mark,

Hope you're having a great time on vacation.

Maybe you're trying too hard and overloading. Take a step back, maybe a 1 or 2 day break will help you. Approach them in a non chalant way, relaxed and don't be so hard on yourself. [/b]
I have been going a bit heavy and will regroup. But I'm on the MOMD list and must play every day. \:D

Plus I go back to work tomorrow night...that will slow me down a little. I want to retire now!!

Thanks loly

#991170 - 07/08/07 07:58 AM Re: Alfred's Basic and All in One Adult Piano Course Book #2
Oxfords Gal Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Mark,

I bought a yamaha ypg 625 and recorded village dance in strings for you \:D

http://www.box.net/shared/xhtjxkvt81

#991171 - 07/08/07 08:21 AM Re: Alfred's Basic and All in One Adult Piano Course Book #2
Mark... Offline
4000 Post Club Member

Quote:
Mark,

I bought a yamaha ypg 625 and recorded village dance in strings for you \:D

http://www.box.net/shared/xhtjxkvt81 [/b]
Wow...that sounded great! Thanks!

So what made you go digital?

#991172 - 07/08/07 09:47 AM Re: Alfred's Basic and All in One Adult Piano Course Book #2
Oxfords Gal Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Oh I didn't go digital per say. I'm still an acoustic gal through and through.

I love my piano but the action seems to be getting on the heavy side and my wrists are taking a beating. My piano teacher tested it yesterday and confirmed it was on the heavy side.

I went piano shopping and loved how easily I could play on a piano with a lighter action, and the sounds sustain as opposed to mine. It's kind of flat.

sooooo I'm having a master tuner coming out on tuesday who said he could do quite a few things to it to make the action lighter, but after playing those 52" kawai, I have to say it won't be long before I trade up.

anyway my husband had bought me a little yamaha portable keyboard that i play sometimes (not weighted or anything ypt 300)and I loved playing with the voices on it.

I always wanted a digital to play with but got turned off at the prices at the piano store 12,000 for a roland 2295, for a used bare bones one.

a few days ago I went to a music shop (guitar center) to buy a usb to midi cable for my little keyboard and when I saw the tons of keyboards and digital pianos with weighted keys for 200-3000 bucks I said "wth?".

so I went home starry eyed and told my husband. guess what? they have digital pianos and keyboards for less than 12,000. so we went there yesterday and i tested everything from 1000 and below. and believe it or not I preferred the ypg 625 to the yamaha digital piano. for 795.00 i got the keboard with the table and pedal to go with it.

here's a picture of my hubby putting the final touches on it

so here is where it gets really neat. last night I sat at it and played and it was so much nicer on the wrists, I was relaxed and my fingers moved around the keyboard with ease. I then went to my acoustic and my touch was lighter and I applied the technic I was using on the keyboard which my new teacher is helping me with and found it much easier to do.

I also got some sheet music for "have you ever really loved a woman" by bryan adams from the movie "Don Juan de Marco" with Johnny Depp. I was surprised to finally find a piano solo. It is kind of late elementary but I can't wait to do it with guitars \:D

#991173 - 07/08/07 03:16 PM Re: Alfred's Basic and All in One Adult Piano Course Book #2
funburger Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Congrats loly!!! you will have so much fun with the digital!! i havent listened to your recording yet but will get to it shortly!! your piano shouldnt be too hard to adjust the touch on either:) congrats again!!!

edited, i just listend to your village dance, very impressive. i like the strings effect, makes it sound pretty and interesting!! congrats again, and great playing!!!

#991174 - 07/08/07 04:31 PM Re: Alfred's Basic and All in One Adult Piano Course Book #2
Mark... Offline
4000 Post Club Member

Again, loly congrats on the new DP...best part is with head phones you can play at any time day or night...

#991175 - 07/08/07 06:34 PM Re: Alfred's Basic and All in One Adult Piano Course Book #2
Oxfords Gal Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Ok I'm at "The Circus"and "Hikey Pokey" and I hate them. yukkkkkkk

#991176 - 07/09/07 07:41 AM Re: Alfred's Basic and All in One Adult Piano Course Book #2
Mark... Offline
4000 Post Club Member

Quote:
Ok I'm at "The Circus"and "Hikey Pokey" and I hate them. yukkkkkkk [/b]
Think of it as pain for some gain... \:D

Next week is my dreaded Cucaracha...uggh...

#991177 - 07/09/07 10:54 AM Re: Alfred's Basic and All in One Adult Piano Course Book #2
Oxfords Gal Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Oh man, I really need to check my spelling. Hikey Pokey? hahahahahahah

they're not difficult just annoying music and. he he These are 2 that would have qualified for the skippy but it's the first 2 pieces after the chromatic scale so it's not wise to skip them.

#991178 - 07/10/07 04:11 PM Re: Alfred's Basic and All in One Adult Piano Course Book #2
PianoTeacherKim Offline

Loc: Kailua-Kona, HI
Loly,

Congrats on the new digital! What fun!

Mark, I actually like Cucaracha... call me crazy. Once you learn it, you can go totally goofy, over-the-top with it. \:\)

Best,

Kim

#991179 - 07/10/07 05:39 PM Re: Alfred's Basic and All in One Adult Piano Course Book #2
Mark... Offline
4000 Post Club Member

Quote:
Originally posted by PianoTeacherKim:

Mark, I actually like Cucaracha... call me crazy. Once you learn it, you can go totally goofy, over-the-top with it. \:\)

Best,

Kim [/b]
I'll let you know in a week or two. I hope your right.

All I know is that I really like the Scherzo piece, for some reason it feels good to play, the cord changes and melody just work so well...I wish all the songs I work on went this well...

#991180 - 07/10/07 09:01 PM Re: Alfred's Basic and All in One Adult Piano Course Book #2
Oxfords Gal Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Thanks Kim, I'm having a blast going from the digital to the acoustic. I don't know why I'm more relaxed on the digital so it helps me transpose that relaxation to the acoustic.

#991181 - 07/18/07 10:39 PM Re: Alfred's Basic and All in One Adult Piano Course Book #2
PianoTeacherKim Offline

Loc: Kailua-Kona, HI
How's everyone doing this week?

Practicing? Hmmmmmmm? :-)

Kim

Page 3 of 101 < 1 2 3 4 5 ... 100 101 >

Moderator:  BB Player, casinitaly 
What's Hot!!
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Interesting books about the piano, pianists, piano history, biographies, memoirs and more!
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
ad (Casio)
Celviano by Casio Rebate
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Knabe Pianos
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Paul Newman Baby Grand Bass Strings replacement
by Sam4
15 minutes 22 seconds ago
Mystery Steinway Grand
by Kirk Corlett
28 minutes 7 seconds ago
Magnesium Protects Against Hearing Loss
by DavidWB
51 minutes 33 seconds ago
How Odd
by Minnesota Marty
Today at 01:41 PM
Moonlight Sonata 1st Movement
by johnbarnesiii
Today at 01:08 PM
Who's Online
168 registered (accordeur, angusperde, anamnesis, 45 invisible), 1699 Guests and 15 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
76389 Members
42 Forums
157926 Topics
2319318 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission