2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
60 members (36251, 20/20 Vision, anotherscott, bcalvanese, 1957, beeboss, 7sheji, Aylin, Barly, 10 invisible), 1,448 guests, and 301 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 53 of 190 1 2 51 52 53 54 55 189 190
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by Waltz
That's why you should be a free agent like me lol. But at the level you are I'm sure Canon in D won't take you too long.
B)

No kidding (free agent part). I'm hoping I can crack it in 2 "lesson wks" so we'll see thumb

"...I'm out there Jerry and I'm LOVING it!..."
[Linked Image]
My You Tube | My Box.net

So I learned the piece and recorded it. Instead of a "late recital piece" (which doesn't even really exist), I submitted this to the "May piano bar". I also wanted to post it here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=617BFhthQeU

It is the theme from the horror film "Halloween". I was slightly ticked that the bass sounds so weak in the recording. I'm guessing it's the camera angle.

That was fun. You should keep this one in your back pocket so you can pull it out when playing for some kids (or adults) who would be bored to tears by a Chopin Etude, but would think you’re a real pro after hearing you play the theam music to “Halloween”.

Undone

[Linked Image][Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by Undone

So I learned the piece and recorded it. Instead of a "late recital piece" (which doesn't even really exist), I submitted this to the "May piano bar". I also wanted to post it here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=617BFhthQeU

It is the theme from the horror film "Halloween". I was slightly ticked that the bass sounds so weak in the recording. I'm guessing it's the camera angle.

That was fun. You should keep this one in your back pocket so you can pull it out when playing for some kids (or adults) who would be bored to tears by a Chopin Etude, but would think you’re a real pro after hearing you play the theam music to “Halloween”.

Undone

LOL, if you want the sheet music I used it is here:

http://www.musicroom.fr/images/catalogue/samples/0571520960.jpg

[Linked Image]
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
anyone got a recording of the 2nd to last song (Festive Rhondue) since I'm just "not getting" the 1st trill as it just sounds wrong (to me) but then what do I know (lol)
thumb

[Linked Image]
My You Tube | My Box.net
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
This is completely speculation but z32 may have it

[Linked Image]
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Hi Everyone,

Happy Birthday wj3, and welcome campidiot.

Undone, TTigg and Waltz:

Congrats on all of your wonderful progresses and recordings!

I enjoyed the beautiful and relaxing sounds of TTigg's recital piece "Wonderland", as well as the fun and rhythmic ragtime rhrythms of Undone's "A Bag of Rags". Wow, what a long song that is Undone, I can see myself messing up all over the place if I were to ever attempt such a long piece. Beautifully done! [Linked Image]

Waltz, I didn't see the movie "Halloween" but quite a nifty and cool sounding theme song that it has. Congrats on your very first piano bar submission. [Linked Image]

And just a little bit of an update from my end, I'm now able to play HR2 with a little more confident and comfort. In fact, I played it so much that I'm afraid I've memorized it by now instead of reading the notes as I go along. I just love practicing that segment from poco ritard until the end, and usually only quit when I fingers seems to go into a spastic condition. grin

I've also finished learning the piece "Morning Has Broken". Although I still would like to continued to practice those two optional examples of broken chords exercises for a bit longer, especially example # 2 since it's pretty interesting and challenging.

Cheers,

Key Notes smile

Music speaks where words fails.
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by TTigg
Arrrgh must stay focused.. [Linked Image]

I'm finishing up the last song (Festive Rhondue) before Canon in D (not started yet) but that's also due to the fact that I suddenly decided I was going to learn another Wayne Gratz song from the book I got. "A Good Question" and again I'm finding out he records slightly different from the sheet music (sigh) smile

Not sure if my teachers going to be happy I learned another song in a few days (just under a week) or miffed coz I didn't do what I was supposed to do.. [Linked Image]

cool

grin

anyone got a recording of the 2nd to last song (Festive Rhondue) since I'm just "not getting" the 1st trill as it just sounds wrong (to me) but then what do I know (lol)
thumb

Sorry Ttigg, Festive Rhondue isn’t in the All-In-One version of book 2. The second to the last song here is Danny Boy.

Undone

[Linked Image]
Good to hear from you Key Notes, and glad to hear about your progress. “Alexander’s Ragtime Band” should be coming up next and then Solace. A couple of great pieces, but you may find ARB to be a bit of a departure from what you have been practicing lately and as such requires a little more time before you start feeling comfortable with it (at least that was my experience). It's well worth it though.

Undone

[Linked Image]
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by Undone

Sorry Ttigg, Festive Rhondue isn’t in the All-In-One version of book 2. The second to the last song here is Danny Boy.
Undone

Thanks for looking. Well at least with #3 we'll all be in the same boat as there is only one option (all-in-one). I think I've got it down but it just doesn't sound "right" to me so we'll see what "teach" says thumb

[Linked Image]
My You Tube | My Box.net
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
Well at least with #3 we'll all be in the same boat as there is only one option (all-in-one).

Those of us already in Book 3 are patiently waiting for you people nearing the end of Book 2 to join us - we're a small but dedicated crew looking for the infusion of some exciting new "blood" to enliven the conversation and spur us on to higher levels of skill and musicality - what seems to be the holdup? wink To much "wallowing in your comfort zone"? grin

Regards, JF

Every difficulty slurred over will be a ghost to disturb your repose later on. Frederic Chopin

Current favorite bumper sticker: Wag more, bark less.
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by John Frank

Those of us already in Book 3 are patiently waiting for you people nearing the end of Book 2 to join us - we're a small but dedicated crew looking for the infusion of some exciting new "blood" to enliven the conversation and spur us on to higher levels of skill and musicality - what seems to be the holdup? wink To much "wallowing in your comfort zone"? grin

Regards, JF

grin laugh well I was off-track by deciding to learn another Wayne Gratz song this week so now I will continue with Canon D then I'm done and will be onto #3 thumb

[Linked Image]
My You Tube | My Box.net
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Key Notes: Wonderful to hear from you! I often wonder what you are up to with the piano and am glad you're moving along nicely! You "gotta" watch Halloween: it's an American horror classic laugh (unless you don't like the genre, which is understandable).

John Frank,
Haha, :D, I had a nice chuckle at the last part of your post, that's good.

[Linked Image]
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
I have not posted an update (as a normally do) in a while for various (and uninteresting) reasons. However, five or so days ago I gave myself the pass on Musetta's Waltz. Yesterday I gave myself the pass on Battle Hymn of the Republic. I am currently on The Riddle. I have neglected making recordings (and thus providing updates), but this morning I decided to record a quick performance of Musetta's Waltz:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TC9eO-asL78

BHOTR was not too difficult and I will make a recording of it tomorrow (hopefully). The Riddle seems (thus far) to be somewhat easy but we'll see.

W

[Linked Image]
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member

Regards, JF

grin laugh well I was off-track by deciding to learn another Wayne Gratz song this week so now I will continue with Canon D then I'm done and will be onto #3 thumb

TTigg - I was only kidding, of course - please take the time to learn the Gratz piece - his stuff is real good & I'd hate to see you miss out - Book 3 will be challenging you soon enough.

Regards, JF

Every difficulty slurred over will be a ghost to disturb your repose later on. Frederic Chopin

Current favorite bumper sticker: Wag more, bark less.
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member

TTigg - I was only kidding, of course - please take the time to learn the Gratz piece - his stuff is real good & I'd hate to see you miss out - Book 3 will be challenging you soon enough.

Regards, JF

I know you were JF (hence the smiley). Yep, I learned it (A Good Question) and I like it a lot. I'll try to get a video of it later next week, got our annual Car meet this weekend so I'm going to be too busy.

Looking forward to the challenge of #3. I may actually take a break before starting it since I really should get Forest out of the way and memorized (we'll see).

Looking forward to the challenge (and assistance from you guys) when I get there...

[Linked Image]
My You Tube | My Box.net
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Thanks Undone and Waltz for your kind thoughts and encouragements.

Sorry for not being able to post as often as I would like. Lucky that I could still remember my screen name and password. grin But here I am, 10:28 PM and haven't yet practice my piano, replying to your very thoughtful posts. Yes, while I love my new hobby, I'm afraid that I've managed to spread myself just a bit thin, but what to do, I love most everything that I do.

Thanks for the heads-up Undone regarding Alexander's Ragtime Band and Solace. They'll definitely be fun challenges for me in terms of diversities of styles. I don't mind and willing to take as long as it's necessary in order for me to get familiar and comfortable with a piece. Looking forward to it.

Waltz, I do occasionally enjoyed watching horror movies, and while I'm well aware of Halloween's statuses and popularities, it's not the type of horror that I felt I "gotta" see. Just a bit too crazy for me. grin

Oh and Undone, once you've moved on to book 3, please don't forget to occasionally come back to visit and continued to keep us book 2 people in line and give us some advice. JF will just have to learn to share you. grin

Have a wonderful weekend everyone.

Key Notes smile

JF – I balaim the recital. That’s my storry and I’m sticking with it. Actually, I was spending most of my practice time trying to get that recital piece into some sort of shape and now that it’s over I’m back to concentraiting on completing the final two pieces in Book 2.

I’m looking forward to moving on to book 3 and joining the small yet accomplished group of forum members posting to that thread.

Undone

[Linked Image]
Waltz – Nice recording of Musetta’s Waltz. I like the temp and feel that youre putting into it. I think you have a couple of notes out of place however. At the poco ritard. (bottom of page one) and re ritard. (bottom of page two), it sounds like your playing a G to F with the right hand instead of going from G to E (and maybe another note or two is off afterward in this messure). Also, the final note for the left hand in each of these sections sounds like your playing a D instead of a C.

You may want to take a closer look at these sections , I think you’ll like the difference in sound.

Undone

[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by Key Notes
Oh and Undone, once you've moved on to book 3, please don't forget to occasionally come back to visit and continued to keep us book 2 people in line and give us some advice. JF will just have to learn to share you. grin

Will do, and thanks. smile

Undone

[Linked Image]
Page 53 of 190 1 2 51 52 53 54 55 189 190

Moderated by  Bart K, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,385
Posts3,349,195
Members111,631
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission