2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
61 members (anotherscott, Bellyman, brennbaer, busa, Barly, 1957, btcomm, 11 invisible), 2,007 guests, and 345 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 190 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 189 190
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Oh I'm sure canon is, I just mentioned the 4 pager because it's the longest one so far. laugh

Fuzzy Wuzzy was a bear, Fuzzy Wuzzy had no hair.>>> Herman Munster
M
Mark... Offline OP
4000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
4000 Post Club Member
M
Originally posted by loly:
Oh I'm sure canon is, I just mentioned the 4 pager because it's the longest one so far. laugh
No, the song is not in my book. Just the Canon D as the last song.

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
ahhh well hava is really nice, if you want it pm me. canon is 4 pages as well

P
P
Mark and everyone,

It's interesting you mentioned not liking 'O Sole Mio' and then liking it once you learned it. You've hit on something there.

Often, as adults, our default response to something difficult is "I don't like it." It may or may not really be true! It's kind of a knee-jerk reaction, more to the difficulty of learning than to the song itself. Kids do it, too.

A song being difficult isn't initially as fun as playing something you know and love. But there's fun in the challenge of conquering something you haven't done before. smile

Just throwing this out there -- checking up on how your thoughts affect your piano playing can be a helpful exercise from time to time!

Best,

Kim

Find some help for stage fright and share what helps you -- Stage Fright Tips. Let's learn from each other!
M
Mark... Offline OP
4000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
4000 Post Club Member
M
Originally posted by PianoTeacherKim:
Mark and everyone,

It's interesting you mentioned not liking 'O Sole Mio' and then liking it once you learned it. You've hit on something there.

Often, as adults, our default response to something difficult is "I don't like it." It may or may not really be true! It's kind of a knee-jerk reaction, more to the difficulty of learning than to the song itself. Kids do it, too.

A song being difficult isn't initially as fun as playing something you know and love. But there's fun in the challenge of conquering something you haven't done before. smile

Just throwing this out there -- checking up on how your thoughts affect your piano playing can be a helpful exercise from time to time!

Best,

Kim
Thats why I have changed my attitude when I go up against songs that really are difficult for me. I take it as a challenge and put everything into it. Then you have this piece of music in your back pocket, and can move on, hopefully that much a better player. than you were before the song...

I enjoy seening the small growth you get over time and with that understand how people with more experience get so good. In time and with hard work each one us can reach that level we only dream of...

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Funny how often that happens. I rememer when I was singing regularly. More than once, we would start a piece and I would think: "ehh", but by the time we learned it and were ready to perform, I really enjoyed singing it. Some things just have to grow on you, I think.

-Mak

1889 Mason & Hamlin screwstringer upright
Kawai MP-4 digital

---------------------------
When life hands you lemons, throw them back and add some of your own. Stupid life.
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
I'm on nagila hava and I practiced the first 2 pages. Just for fun I recorded it on my digital keyboard with 2 voices. Guitar and strings.

It's not perfect but I love the song and once I finish it all I'll try to record the whole thing.

http://www.box.net/shared/ho8h4aa8nf

M
Mark... Offline OP
4000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
4000 Post Club Member
M
I'm on nagila hava and I practiced the first 2 pages. Just for fun I recorded it on my digital keyboard with 2 voices. Guitar and strings.

It's not perfect but I love the song and once I finish it all I'll try to record the whole thing.

http://www.box.net/shared/ho8h4aa8nf
All I can say is "WOW"

It sounds like you taped it from a live show...

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
ok the last 2 pages of hava are kicking my backside. I'm only taking a few measures per day because it's not sinking in but then everytime I find a challenging piece it clicks after the second day so I'm hoping for the best

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Well I'm going to have to move to alfred's 1 post, it's busier and chattier than this one.

I'm thoroughly frustrated with Nagila Hava last two pages. I need a shoulder to cry on, I watched and fell asleep to pirates of the caribbean 3 instead of practicing yesterday. I'm afraid of it frown

ho hum

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Oh, dear. I'm sorry it's giving you so much trouble. And I have no advice to offer, I'm afraid- that one was not in my Alfred's 2 book...

-Mak

Kawai MP-4 digital

When life hands you lemons, throw them back and add some of your own. Stupid life.
M
Mark... Offline OP
4000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
4000 Post Club Member
M
Well I'm going to have to move to alfred's 1 post, it's busier and chattier than this one.

I'm thoroughly frustrated with Nagila Hava last two pages. I need a shoulder to cry on, I watched and fell asleep to pirates of the caribbean 3 instead of practicing yesterday. I'm afraid of it frown

ho hum
Did you try slowing it down and just doing one measure at a time? I bet in a couple of weeks you have it nailed down.

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Ya I'm doing that section very slow, I have no choice he he. I've only worked on it Sunday and a little bit of it yesterday before the movie. I'm going to work on it in earnest today.

I'm sure it's easy for tons of people but for some reason I'm having trouble with it. I'm going to scan the pages and post it.

M
Mark... Offline OP
4000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
4000 Post Club Member
M
Ya I'm doing that section very slow, I have no choice he he. I've only worked on it Sunday and a little bit of it yesterday before the movie. I'm going to work on it in earnest today.

I'm sure it's easy for tons of people but for some reason I'm having trouble with it. I'm going to scan the pages and post it.
Great, I'd like to see it. If you are having trouble, I'll just skip it till next year... laugh

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
ok it's starting to work a little, I guess I just needed to sit down and concentrate for 15 minutes. I still need to work on it but it's a little better.

http://www.box.net/shared/npd81i7r4f

http://www.box.net/shared/nrk9z5bmii

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Hey, thanks for that! I remember that one being loads of fun to sing, so I may give it a try on piano.

-Mak

Kawai MP-4 digital

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
yay let me know how it goes.

I did sit down and gave it about 15 minutes yesterday and got 4 measures down pretty good. my fingers are starting to remember.

i think i panicked prematurely. i didn't get a good practice in on sunday so I didn't give it my all, so when monday came around and i was still boggled i panicked.

my pup is taking up alot of my time. he needs to be watched constantly. he's a little goat and likes to swallow everything.

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
woops double post mad

D
D
I am just starting Introduction and Dance. I like it very much but I do have problems with the first line on the second page. But so far I like the book. I even like La Raspa!

Hello everyone! I began Book 2 two weeks ago, although I have to admit that I'm not working too consistently out of it (my other pieces are much more interesting -hehe). I'm almost finished with Light and Blue and about to start the next one (I forgot the title).

One question though? What's the main difference between the regular and the All-In-One Book? I have the regular but am missing songs like Nagila Hava.

Do or do not, there is no try.

CURRENT PIECES
Beethoven Sonata Op.49 No.2
Fur Elise
Chopin Waltz Op.69 No.2
Chopin Nocturne Op.9 No.2
Schumann Op.15 No.1 (About Strange Lands and People)
Schumann Op.15 No.7 (Traumerei)
Page 6 of 190 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 189 190

Moderated by  Bart K, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Very Cheap Piano?
by Tweedpipe - 04/16/24 10:13 AM
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,386
Posts3,349,204
Members111,631
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission