Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Page 4 of 101 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 100 101 >
Topic Options
#991182 - 07/18/07 10:49 PM Re: Alfred's Basic and All in One Adult Piano Course Book #2
Mark... Offline
4000 Post Club Member

Loc: Jersey Shore
 Quote:
Originally posted by PianoTeacherKim:
How's everyone doing this week?

Practicing? Hmmmmmmm? :-)

Kim [/b]
I'm trying to finish Cucaracha and move on... \:D Lesson tomorrow.

(ads P/S)

Petrof Pianos

#991183 - 07/20/07 12:10 PM Re: Alfred's Basic and All in One Adult Piano Course Book #2
PianoTeacherKim Offline

Loc: Kailua-Kona, HI
Hi Mark,

Hope you have a great lesson! Let us know how it goes!

Best,

Kim

#991184 - 07/20/07 01:36 PM Re: Alfred's Basic and All in One Adult Piano Course Book #2
Mark... Offline
4000 Post Club Member

Quote:
Hi Mark,

Hope you have a great lesson! Let us know how it goes!

Best,

Kim [/b]
Well I did Cucaracha for the teacher. It's better than last week, but still weak. I'm going to still work on cleaning it up. But I'm now on to the very nice "The House of the Rising Sun"

#991185 - 07/21/07 05:18 PM Re: Alfred's Basic and All in One Adult Piano Course Book #2
PianoTeacherKim Offline

Ah, having something more enjoyable to practice. A good thing!

#991186 - 07/21/07 05:30 PM Re: Alfred's Basic and All in One Adult Piano Course Book #2
sarabande Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: Mo.
It's interesting to read which pieces everyone likes and everyone hates from the Alfred's. Scherzo and House of the Rising Sun are pretty good ones.

Sounds like you guys are making excellent progress!

#991187 - 07/21/07 10:27 PM Re: Alfred's Basic and All in One Adult Piano Course Book #2
Oxfords Gal Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: Jacksonville, Florida
I started nagila hava and it's fun as well as a bit longer than most of alfred's. this one is a 4 pager

#991188 - 07/22/07 12:48 PM Re: Alfred's Basic and All in One Adult Piano Course Book #2
Mark... Offline
4000 Post Club Member

Quote:
Originally posted by sarabande:
It's interesting to read which pieces everyone likes and everyone hates from the Alfred's. Scherzo and House of the Rising Sun are pretty good ones.

Sounds like you guys are making excellent progress! [/b]
Its tough working on songs that you don't particularly care for, but I force myself because I know there is some technique that I need to get out of those songs. In book one I really didn't like "o sole mio" but after finally getting it down well, it became kind of a favorite...you just never know sometimes.

Mark

#991189 - 07/22/07 12:50 PM Re: Alfred's Basic and All in One Adult Piano Course Book #2
Mark... Offline
4000 Post Club Member

Quote:
Originally posted by loly:
I started nagila hava and it's fun as well as a bit longer than most of alfred's. this one is a 4 pager [/b]
Wow...4 pages...are you doing any of Alfred book 2 anymore?

#991190 - 07/22/07 12:55 PM Re: Alfred's Basic and All in One Adult Piano Course Book #2
Oxfords Gal Offline
1000 Post Club Member

nagila hava is in my alfreds book 2. I have the all in one adult, not sure if it's in yours. it is really nice though, i'm liking it

#991191 - 07/22/07 03:35 PM Re: Alfred's Basic and All in One Adult Piano Course Book #2
Mark... Offline
4000 Post Club Member

Quote:
nagila hava is in my alfreds book 2. I have the all in one adult, not sure if it's in yours. it is really nice though, i'm liking it [/b]
I'll have to check it out. I thought Canon D at the end was the longest piece.

Mark

#991192 - 07/22/07 03:48 PM Re: Alfred's Basic and All in One Adult Piano Course Book #2
Oxfords Gal Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Oh I'm sure canon is, I just mentioned the 4 pager because it's the longest one so far. \:D

#991193 - 07/22/07 05:27 PM Re: Alfred's Basic and All in One Adult Piano Course Book #2
Mark... Offline
4000 Post Club Member

Quote:
Oh I'm sure canon is, I just mentioned the 4 pager because it's the longest one so far. \:D [/b]
No, the song is not in my book. Just the Canon D as the last song.

#991194 - 07/23/07 02:24 AM Re: Alfred's Basic and All in One Adult Piano Course Book #2
Oxfords Gal Offline
1000 Post Club Member

ahhh well hava is really nice, if you want it pm me. canon is 4 pages as well

#991195 - 07/25/07 03:10 PM Re: Alfred's Basic and All in One Adult Piano Course Book #2
PianoTeacherKim Offline

Mark and everyone,

It's interesting you mentioned not liking 'O Sole Mio' and then liking it once you learned it. You've hit on something there.

Often, as adults, our default response to something difficult is "I don't like it." It may or may not really be true! It's kind of a knee-jerk reaction, more to the difficulty of learning than to the song itself. Kids do it, too.

A song being difficult isn't initially as fun as playing something you know and love. But there's fun in the challenge of conquering something you haven't done before. \:\)

Just throwing this out there -- checking up on how your thoughts affect your piano playing can be a helpful exercise from time to time!

Best,

Kim

#991196 - 07/25/07 04:46 PM Re: Alfred's Basic and All in One Adult Piano Course Book #2
Mark... Offline
4000 Post Club Member

Quote:
Mark and everyone,

It's interesting you mentioned not liking 'O Sole Mio' and then liking it once you learned it. You've hit on something there.

Often, as adults, our default response to something difficult is "I don't like it." It may or may not really be true! It's kind of a knee-jerk reaction, more to the difficulty of learning than to the song itself. Kids do it, too.

A song being difficult isn't initially as fun as playing something you know and love. But there's fun in the challenge of conquering something you haven't done before. \:\)

Just throwing this out there -- checking up on how your thoughts affect your piano playing can be a helpful exercise from time to time!

Best,

Kim [/b]
Thats why I have changed my attitude when I go up against songs that really are difficult for me. I take it as a challenge and put everything into it. Then you have this piece of music in your back pocket, and can move on, hopefully that much a better player. than you were before the song...

I enjoy seening the small growth you get over time and with that understand how people with more experience get so good. In time and with hard work each one us can reach that level we only dream of...

#991197 - 07/25/07 05:51 PM Re: Alfred's Basic and All in One Adult Piano Course Book #2
IrishMak Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: New Hampshire, USA
Funny how often that happens. I rememer when I was singing regularly. More than once, we would start a piece and I would think: "ehh", but by the time we learned it and were ready to perform, I really enjoyed singing it. Some things just have to grow on you, I think.

1889 Mason & Hamlin screwstringer upright
Kawai MP-4 digital

---------------------------
When life hands you lemons, throw them back and add some of your own. Stupid life.

#991198 - 07/28/07 07:30 PM Re: Alfred's Basic and All in One Adult Piano Course Book #2
Oxfords Gal Offline
1000 Post Club Member

I'm on nagila hava and I practiced the first 2 pages. Just for fun I recorded it on my digital keyboard with 2 voices. Guitar and strings.

It's not perfect but I love the song and once I finish it all I'll try to record the whole thing.

http://www.box.net/shared/ho8h4aa8nf

#991199 - 07/29/07 12:01 AM Re: Alfred's Basic and All in One Adult Piano Course Book #2
Mark... Offline
4000 Post Club Member

Quote:
I'm on nagila hava and I practiced the first 2 pages. Just for fun I recorded it on my digital keyboard with 2 voices. Guitar and strings.

It's not perfect but I love the song and once I finish it all I'll try to record the whole thing.

http://www.box.net/shared/ho8h4aa8nf [/b]
All I can say is "WOW"

It sounds like you taped it from a live show...

#991200 - 07/29/07 05:36 PM Re: Alfred's Basic and All in One Adult Piano Course Book #2
Oxfords Gal Offline
1000 Post Club Member

ok the last 2 pages of hava are kicking my backside. I'm only taking a few measures per day because it's not sinking in but then everytime I find a challenging piece it clicks after the second day so I'm hoping for the best

#991201 - 07/31/07 12:02 PM Re: Alfred's Basic and All in One Adult Piano Course Book #2
Oxfords Gal Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Well I'm going to have to move to alfred's 1 post, it's busier and chattier than this one.

I'm thoroughly frustrated with Nagila Hava last two pages. I need a shoulder to cry on, I watched and fell asleep to pirates of the caribbean 3 instead of practicing yesterday. I'm afraid of it \:\(

ho hum

#991202 - 07/31/07 01:32 PM Re: Alfred's Basic and All in One Adult Piano Course Book #2
IrishMak Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Oh, dear. I'm sorry it's giving you so much trouble. And I have no advice to offer, I'm afraid- that one was not in my Alfred's 2 book...

Kawai MP-4 digital

When life hands you lemons, throw them back and add some of your own. Stupid life.

#991203 - 07/31/07 01:39 PM Re: Alfred's Basic and All in One Adult Piano Course Book #2
Mark... Offline
4000 Post Club Member

Quote:
Well I'm going to have to move to alfred's 1 post, it's busier and chattier than this one.

I'm thoroughly frustrated with Nagila Hava last two pages. I need a shoulder to cry on, I watched and fell asleep to pirates of the caribbean 3 instead of practicing yesterday. I'm afraid of it \:\(

ho hum [/b]
Did you try slowing it down and just doing one measure at a time? I bet in a couple of weeks you have it nailed down.

#991204 - 07/31/07 03:31 PM Re: Alfred's Basic and All in One Adult Piano Course Book #2
Oxfords Gal Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Ya I'm doing that section very slow, I have no choice he he. I've only worked on it Sunday and a little bit of it yesterday before the movie. I'm going to work on it in earnest today.

I'm sure it's easy for tons of people but for some reason I'm having trouble with it. I'm going to scan the pages and post it.

#991205 - 07/31/07 04:14 PM Re: Alfred's Basic and All in One Adult Piano Course Book #2
Mark... Offline
4000 Post Club Member

Quote:
Ya I'm doing that section very slow, I have no choice he he. I've only worked on it Sunday and a little bit of it yesterday before the movie. I'm going to work on it in earnest today.

I'm sure it's easy for tons of people but for some reason I'm having trouble with it. I'm going to scan the pages and post it. [/b]
Great, I'd like to see it. If you are having trouble, I'll just skip it till next year... \:D

#991206 - 07/31/07 05:22 PM Re: Alfred's Basic and All in One Adult Piano Course Book #2
Oxfords Gal Offline
1000 Post Club Member

ok it's starting to work a little, I guess I just needed to sit down and concentrate for 15 minutes. I still need to work on it but it's a little better.

http://www.box.net/shared/npd81i7r4f

http://www.box.net/shared/nrk9z5bmii

#991207 - 07/31/07 08:23 PM Re: Alfred's Basic and All in One Adult Piano Course Book #2
IrishMak Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Hey, thanks for that! I remember that one being loads of fun to sing, so I may give it a try on piano.

Kawai MP-4 digital

#991208 - 08/01/07 10:07 AM Re: Alfred's Basic and All in One Adult Piano Course Book #2
Oxfords Gal Offline
1000 Post Club Member

yay let me know how it goes.

I did sit down and gave it about 15 minutes yesterday and got 4 measures down pretty good. my fingers are starting to remember.

i think i panicked prematurely. i didn't get a good practice in on sunday so I didn't give it my all, so when monday came around and i was still boggled i panicked.

my pup is taking up alot of my time. he needs to be watched constantly. he's a little goat and likes to swallow everything.

#991209 - 08/01/07 10:14 AM Re: Alfred's Basic and All in One Adult Piano Course Book #2
Oxfords Gal Offline
1000 Post Club Member

woops double post

#991210 - 08/20/07 03:58 AM Re: Alfred's Basic and All in One Adult Piano Course Book #2
dat99 Offline

Loc: Western North Carolina
I am just starting Introduction and Dance. I like it very much but I do have problems with the first line on the second page. But so far I like the book. I even like La Raspa!

#991211 - 08/20/07 04:10 AM Re: Alfred's Basic and All in One Adult Piano Course Book #2
pianoluvr Offline

Hello everyone! I began Book 2 two weeks ago, although I have to admit that I'm not working too consistently out of it (my other pieces are much more interesting -hehe). I'm almost finished with Light and Blue and about to start the next one (I forgot the title).

One question though? What's the main difference between the regular and the All-In-One Book? I have the regular but am missing songs like Nagila Hava.

CURRENT PIECES
Beethoven Sonata Op.49 No.2
Fur Elise
Chopin Waltz Op.69 No.2
Chopin Nocturne Op.9 No.2
Schumann Op.15 No.1 (About Strange Lands and People)
Schumann Op.15 No.7 (Traumerei)

Page 4 of 101 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 100 101 >

Moderator:  BB Player, casinitaly 
What's Hot!!
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Interesting books about the piano, pianists, piano history, biographies, memoirs and more!
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Knabe Pianos
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
79 registered (bennevis, casinitaly, Andy001, Allard, barbaram, 17 invisible), 1035 Guests and 24 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
76042 Members
42 Forums
157229 Topics
2309259 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
New Topics - Multiple Forums
When to compose?
by noobpianist90
58 minutes 30 seconds ago
First Recordings on the New Steinway!
by Markarian
Today at 04:11 AM
"railroad track" symbol in Debussy
by Eric NYC
Today at 02:52 AM
P155 or FA-08
by Yussnan84
Today at 01:59 AM
Blac
by Aviram
Yesterday at 11:56 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission