2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
69 members (20/20 Vision, clothearednincompo, Colin Miles, bcalvanese, booms, 36251, Bruce Sato, Carey, AlkansBookcase, 9 invisible), 1,941 guests, and 259 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 34 of 190 1 2 32 33 34 35 36 189 190
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Originally posted by Mark...:
Don't forget, we can always use additional recordings for any and all Alfred pieces for the opening pages. Duplicates are welcome.

Thanks!

Mark...
Thanks Mark, nothing like some added pressure to make recordings laugh

"...I'm out there Jerry and I'm LOVING it!..."
[Linked Image]
My You Tube | My Box.net
M
Mark... Offline OP
4000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
4000 Post Club Member
M
Originally posted by TTigg:
[b] Don't forget, we can always use additional recordings for any and all Alfred pieces for the opening pages. Duplicates are welcome.

Thanks!

Mark...
Thanks Mark, nothing like some added pressure to make recordings laugh [/b]
I'm just trying to make you guys famous... laugh

Don't forget, we can always use additional recordings for any and all Alfred pieces for the opening pages. Duplicates are welcome.

Thanks!

Mark...
Mark, how would you prefer that we go about providing such recordings? A post to the thread with a BoxNet link, a PM to you, or some other way?

Undone

[Linked Image][Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
M
Mark... Offline OP
4000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
4000 Post Club Member
M
Originally posted by Undone:
[b] Don't forget, we can always use additional recordings for any and all Alfred pieces for the opening pages. Duplicates are welcome.

Thanks!

Mark...
Mark, how would you prefer that we go about providing such recordings? A post to the thread with a BoxNet link, a PM to you, or some other way?

Undone [/b]
You can post it here (With box.net),so everyone can check it out. And then I can link it in the opening page.

Thanks!

500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
[Linked Image] America So Beautiful is going to take some time....

Mainly due to not being born, raised and having this nice tune drilled into memory over the years..

help [Linked Image]

"...I'm out there Jerry and I'm LOVING it!..."
[Linked Image]
My You Tube | My Box.net
Happy anniversary to me! It was one year ago yesterday that I started re-learning the piano with Alfred’s All-In-One Book 1 page 1. I had taken a few of years of lessons as a child, was active in many musical pursuits all through my school years, I knew how to read music, and had continued to tinker with the piano now and again through out my life. So I was able to move fairly swiftly through much of book 1.

I eventually caught up with, and then surpassed, where my previous lessons and experience had taken me. Things continue to progress at a much slower rate now. Today I’m working on “The Magic Piper” and “He’s got the Whole World in His Hands”.

To celebrate this anniversary, and in response to Mark’s posting, I’m submitting these recordings to help fill in the blanks on our list of Book 2 pieces. I try to get a recording of each piece before I proceed on, so these recordings are ones that were done at the time I was working on them and are not new recording of previous lessons. I hope someone finds them useful.

Guantanamera

Hungarian Rhapsody #2

La Bamba

Mexican Hat Dance

Plaisir D’Amour

Undone

[Linked Image]
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
Undone - very nicely played - solid performance of all the pieces - good light touch, steady tempo and fine melodic emphasise.

Regards, JF

Every difficulty slurred over will be a ghost to disturb your repose later on. Frederic Chopin

Current favorite bumper sticker: Wag more, bark less.
M
Mark... Offline OP
4000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
4000 Post Club Member
M
[b]Happy anniversary to me! It was one year ago yesterday that I started re-learning the piano with Alfred’s All-In-One Book 1 page 1. I had taken a few of years of lessons as a child, was active in many musical pursuits all through my school years, I knew how to read music, and had continued to tinker with the piano now and again through out my life. So I was able to move fairly swiftly through much of book 1.

I eventually caught up with, and then surpassed, where my previous lessons and experience had taken me. Things continue to progress at a much slower rate now. Today I’m working on “The Magic Piper” and “He’s got the Whole World in His Hands”.

To celebrate this anniversary, and in response to Mark’s posting, I’m submitting these recordings to help fill in the blanks on our list of Book 2 pieces. I try to get a recording of each piece before I proceed on, so these recordings are ones that were done at the time I was working on them and are not new recording of previous lessons. I hope someone finds them useful.

Guantanamera

Hungarian Rhapsody #2

La Bamba

Mexican Hat Dance

Plaisir D’Amour

Undone [/b]
Wow...great work undone. I could never play the Mexican hat dance that well...

I'm going to link these to the first page...

I placed them at the end of the opening post because I have the basic book and don't have the exact order for the All in one book. If someone can tell where to slot Undone's wonderful pieces I'll move them to the proper spot.

Mark

Thanks so much...

500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Undone: You say you hope someone finds them useful...

Well I sure do ! ! ! ! !

Bravo! Bravo! Encore! Encore!

I find them "useful" because being on Level One, I find these recordings to be inspirational!

Great work, happy anniversary, and thanks for posting them.

Angelojf

HI Mark,

I am actually still in Alfreds 1 book but I have Alfreds 2 book and here is where the new pieces go.

Guantanamera goes after "Down in the valley"

Hungarian Rhapsody #2, La Bamba, and Mexican hat dance, all go after "Light blue" (in their same order)

And Plaisir D'Amour go after "Scherzo"

That should help the list so far. Of course there are still pieces missing here and there. I hope this helps. And I hope I didnt do any Boo Boo's. Well back to Alfreds 1 where I belong.

Although I do have one discreptancy in my book. I do not have these two songs "Tumbalalaika" and "Roman Holiday". Can someone tell me where in the book those two songs are???? They are not in my list of contents.

KaylaX
smile

Yamaha P115 Keyboard
A very old outta tune Baby Grand
A stack of piano music that I cant play !!!
M
Mark... Offline OP
4000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
4000 Post Club Member
M
Originally posted by KaylaX:
HI Mark,

Although I do have one discreptancy in my book. I do not have these two songs "Tumbalalaika" and "Roman Holiday". Can someone tell me where in the book those two songs are???? They are not in my list of contents.

KaylaX
smile
Thanks! Adjustments made! Tumbalalaika and Roman Holiday are at the very beginning of Alfred 2 in the Basic adult version.

Oh....

Thank you mark. I have the "All in one" edition. I looked and looked and looked and was beginning to think I was nuts!!!! Thank you for the clarification. Oh and I got my book from Amazon as used so I was also beginning to think that I got gypt!!!!!!

Thank again,

KaylaX

Yamaha P115 Keyboard
A very old outta tune Baby Grand
A stack of piano music that I cant play !!!
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Greetings Everyone,

I'm just about to start on my AIO level 2 book, and am looking forward to learning from many of you who have already harnessed much more experiences here than I have. So if anyone has any pointers and advise to offer as I embark on this new book, I would certainly appreciate it.

Best Regards,

Key Notes smile

Music speaks where words fails.
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
Key Notes - Welcome to the Alfred 2 thread! Again great job on finishing up Book 1 thumb

There's a lot of piano-loving, hard-practicing, help-giving people here who are eager to share your journey.

My advice: keep on doing what you've been doing all along - before you know it you'll have mastered the pieces in Book 2, posted a thread announcing this conquest as you did when you completed Book 1, and then you'll be making a post in the Alfred 3 thread similar to your current post above announcing your arrival there!

And don't hestitate to share your progress with us through your recordings.

Good luck and above all have fun.

Regards, JF

Every difficulty slurred over will be a ghost to disturb your repose later on. Frederic Chopin

Key Notes, Congratulations on your graduation from Book 1!

As you begin your journey through Book 2, be prepared to spend more time with each selection then you did in Book 1 (maybe not right off the bat, but soon). As the pieces get longer and the difficulty increases, it just takes a little more time to get to the point where you can play through them satisfactorily. Of course the feeling of accomplishment as you do complete each new piece increases as well. smile

Undone

[Linked Image]
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Originally posted by John Frank:
Key Notes - Welcome to the Alfred 2 thread! Again great job on finishing up Book 1 thumb

There's a lot of piano-loving, hard-practicing, help-giving people here who are eager to share your journey.

My advice: keep on doing what you've been doing all along - before you know it you'll have mastered the pieces in Book 2, posted a thread announcing this conquest as you did when you completed Book 1, and then you'll be making a post in the Alfred 3 thread similar to your current post above announcing your arrival there!

And don't hestitate to share your progress with us through your recordings.

Good luck and above all have fun.

Regards, JF
Thanks JF, for the warm welcome and encouragements, as always.

I have the feeling that it'll take me quite a bit longer to get this book done as Undone had mentioned, since I expected it to be quite a bit harder than book 1.

I'm not sure about sharing future recordings at this point, we'll see... shocked But, it's certainly is encouraging to know that at least one person ask for more. cool

I hope that you are also having fun and are enjoying your level 3 book adventures.

Best Regards,

Key Notes smile

500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Key Notes, Congratulations on your graduation from Book 1!

As you begin your journey through Book 2, be prepared to spend more time with each selection then you did in Book 1 (maybe not right off the bat, but soon). As the pieces get longer and the difficulty increases, it just takes a little more time to get to the point where you can play through them satisfactorily. Of course the feeling of accomplishment as you do complete each new piece increases as well. smile

Undone
Thank you Undone for your kind expressions of welcome and wonderful words of advise. I will certainly take them to heart and keep them in mind whenever I should face these new challenges.

I've already glanced quickly through the book and like you said, I did noticed that some of the pieces are several pages long, such as "Hava Nagila" for example, and since I'm not use to working with such full length versions, it'll definitely be very interesting.

I've also decided to add a supplimental song book to work on, just for variety, along with Alfred's, and some of the songs in there averages about 4-5 pages long. I think that I may be asking for trouble confused , but hopefully improvements and enjoyment well come along the way as well. smile

And finally, I would also like to extend my congratulations to you for your one-year anniversary upon returning to learn to play the piano as well. thumb

I listened to all of the five pieces that you've posted on the previous page for Mark to link to, and wow, how beautifully you played. I particularly love the "Hungarian Rhapsody #2" and "Plaisir D'Amour". Thank you for sharing your recordings for they'll certainly be very useful for many of us beginners.

Thanks again and happy playing to you!

Best Regards,

Key Notes smile

3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
Mark - the mention by Key Notes in her post above where she talked about the length of "Hava Nagila" reminded me that I had not yet made my recording of that piece available for you to insert in the OP back on page 1 of this thread - if you'll remember, this was my entry in the last ABF Recital - so, here it is:

Hava Nagila

I also have a new, improved recording of "Danny Boy" which I'll link up here for you soon.

In addition, I submitted an enhanced version of "Black Forest Polka" to the January Piano Bar if you want to use that too. Thanks.

Regards, JF

M
Mark... Offline OP
4000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
4000 Post Club Member
M
Originally posted by John Frank:
Mark - the mention by Key Notes in her post above where she talked about the length of "Hava Nagila" reminded me that I had not yet made my recording of that piece available for you to insert in the OP back on page 1 of this thread - if you'll remember, this was my entry in the last ABF Recital - so, here it is:

Hava Nagila

I also have a new, improved recording of "Danny Boy" which I'll link up here for you soon.

In addition, I submitted an enhanced version of "Black Forest Polka" to the January Piano Bar if you want to use that too. Thanks.

Regards, JF
I added Hava Nagila thanks...

B
B
After listening to the beautiful recordings by Undone I am both inspired and depressed that my own playing does not come anywhere close. Today I started Pomp and Circumstance and am trying to polish up Black Forrest Polka. I enjoy playing that one. I do find myself spending quite a bit more time at the keyboard when I like the pieces.

Page 34 of 190 1 2 32 33 34 35 36 189 190

Moderated by  Bart K, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Recommended Songs for Beginners
by FreddyM - 04/16/24 03:20 PM
New DP for a 10 year old
by peelaaa - 04/16/24 02:47 PM
Estonia 1990
by Iberia - 04/16/24 11:01 AM
Very Cheap Piano?
by Tweedpipe - 04/16/24 10:13 AM
Practical Meaning of SMP
by rneedle - 04/16/24 09:57 AM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,391
Posts3,349,282
Members111,634
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission