2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
71 members (booms, Cominut, 36251, Bruce Sato, Carey, 20/20 Vision, AlkansBookcase, bcalvanese, 12 invisible), 2,018 guests, and 312 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 24 of 190 1 2 22 23 24 25 26 189 190
M
M
Originally posted by JohnFrank:
Char - really glad to know you're still with us - how do you like the Loch Lomand arrangement in Alfred? I was looking forward a little to that piece (and Danny Boy too).

Also, the Clementi piece - I've read other posts refering to his works - are they a bit more challenging than most of the pieces in Alfred - is it from a collection of his works that I could ckeck out at Amazon?

Regards, JF
The Clementi is a bit more difficult than the Alfred's....I kind of think of it as a "real piece" whereas I think of the Alfred's pieces as lessons. lol. I don't think it is a simplified version, but it really isn't all that difficult. It has three movements and I'm polishing up the first movement and will probably start the second movement at this week's lesson. The music I am using is from a very old book that my teacher had, so I'm not sure what would be available.

As for Loch Lomand, I do like it. It is a little different in a couple of spots from what I remember as a kid.

Char smile

M
M
Char "Your going to like Clementi Prelude in D minor that's in book 3...."

I'll have to check that one out.....

Char

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
hey mmw, I was assigned Clementi Opus 36. No. 1,2,3 and No.6 this past thursday. What a coinkeedinky. I'm going to look at book 3 as well as if I didn't have enough. laugh

Fuzzy Wuzzy was a bear, Fuzzy Wuzzy had no hair.>>> Herman Munster
M
M
Originally posted by Oxfords Gal:
hey mmw, I was assigned Clementi Opus 36. No. 1,2,3 and No.6 this past thursday. What a coinkeedinky. I'm going to look at book 3 as well as if I didn't have enough. laugh
Sounds like you are moving a lot faster than I am. I've been working on the first movement for a couple of weeks.(of course it didn't help that my copy was poor and I was trying to do the fingering wrong in one part- I couldn't figure our why I needed to twist my hand all around, lol- she DID tell me that it was very important to follow the fingering.....I was trying laugh )

Char

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Lol Char. If you need a better copy, pm me and I'll send you the pdf, I have a membership with sheetmusic archive and it has all 6 sonatinas.

M
M
Thanks Oxford Girl, I think I will be ok with the rest of it. It did give us a good laugh at last week's lesson, tho. smile

M
Mark... Offline OP
4000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
4000 Post Club Member
M
Just to let everyone know, I have added some book two pieces. More will be added as well in the near future thanks to our own JohnFrank recording stuff. So if you need to hear a piece don't forget the opening post...

And a big thanks to JohnFrank and everyone involved in the Alfred threads..

Mark...

I
I
OG, I forget. Do you have suzuki? 1 and 5 (if my memory serves me right) are in book 3. Eh..emm... for a pro like you - they will be a breeze. smile Took me a couple weeks to get em down.

Therese

Good, better, best; never let it rest, 'till your good be better and your better - Best!
I
I
She is also a perfectionist which has it's pros and cons. You tend to stay on pieces forever and when you think they're good to go she'll have you do it faster or add pedals, or do this that or the other to it.
em.. I think we have tha same teacher.

Therese

Good, better, best; never let it rest, 'till your good be better and your better - Best!
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Therese, not suzuki but Helen Curtis. My teacher swears on Helen and in addition assigns other stuff. I'm no pro he he, I suck, I just have a teacher who won't give up and is a slave driver. laugh

I
I
argg.. couldnt get the quotes right.

anyways... you know my teach does not use the all-in-one. I am going to try those pieces on my own. I think OG commented once that esp. the HN was fun.

Therese

I
I
HEY!! you smile

you suck huh, girl we are our own *worst* critics, you should hear me smile next time I'm in Sanibel/Captiva, I'll hav ta swing by smile

Therese

3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
Originally posted by Mark...:
Just to let everyone know, I have added some book two pieces. More will be added as well in the near future thanks to our own JohnFrank recording stuff. So if you need to hear a piece don't forget the opening post...

Mark...
Mark - thank YOU for the offer and opportunity - I hope they are somewhat helpful and/or entertaining - the "red light syndrome" gets a little less severe with each recording smile

Regards, JF

Every difficulty slurred over will be a ghost to disturb your repose later on. Frederic Chopin

Current favorite bumper sticker: Wag more, bark less.
M
Mark... Offline OP
4000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
4000 Post Club Member
M
Originally posted by Mark...:
[b] Just to let everyone know, I have added some book two pieces. More will be added as well in the near future thanks to our own JohnFrank recording stuff. So if you need to hear a piece don't forget the opening post...

Mark...
Mark - thank YOU for the offer and opportunity - I hope they are somewhat helpful and/or entertaining - the "red light syndrome" gets a little less severe with each recording smile

Regards, JF [/b]
I really enjoyed your Black Forest Polka. Its at the bottom of the first post in this thread if anyone wants to hear it.

3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
Now working on "When Johnny Came Marching Home" in Book 2 (and reviewing "Pomp and Circumstance".

Would like one day to combine "Johnny" with "The Battle Hymn of the Republic" and "America the Beautiful" into one great All-Americam medley (maybe I'll throw in "Stars and Stripes Forver" too!).

Regards, JF

Every difficulty slurred over will be a ghost to disturb your repose later on. Frederic Chopin

I'm back to Book 2 at least for this week. I'm working on "Nobody Knows the Trouble I've Seen". It's good to be back in Book 2 and hopefully on my way to finishing it up.

I'm a great believer in luck, and I find the harder I work the more I have of it.
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
Cyborg - welcome back to Book 2 - "Nobody . . ." isn't too difficult. The next piece after that, "La Donna . . .", is a little more challenging, but doable,

FYI - I've recorded and uploaded some of the earlier pieces from Book 2 to the Original Post back on pg. 1.

Finishing up "When Johnny Comes Marching Home" today & moving on ... smile

Regards, JF

3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
Finished "Johnny . . ." - now working on "Waltz in G Minor" - nice piece (like so many in Book 2) - recorded Johnny to OP (pg.1).

Regards, JF

M
Mark... Offline OP
4000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
4000 Post Club Member
M
Finished "Johnny . . ." - now working on "Waltz in G Minor" - nice piece (like so many in Book 2) - recorded Johnny to OP (pg.1).

Regards, JF
You are a machine JohnFrank... smile

You are flying through book two...

Congrats!

3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
Yea, Mark, like I said - a rusty old machine needing lots of oil changes! And not flying - just cruising steady - right now I'm also reviewing "Pomp and Circumstance" from earlier in Book 2, but for some reason I find this piece a little difficult (harder than it looks), but I will get it and then record it for the "cause" - where are you in Book 3 & what are you working on?

Regards, JF

Page 24 of 190 1 2 22 23 24 25 26 189 190

Moderated by  Bart K, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
New DP for a 10 year old
by peelaaa - 04/16/24 02:47 PM
Estonia 1990
by Iberia - 04/16/24 11:01 AM
Very Cheap Piano?
by Tweedpipe - 04/16/24 10:13 AM
Practical Meaning of SMP
by rneedle - 04/16/24 09:57 AM
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,391
Posts3,349,282
Members111,634
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission