2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
60 members (Barry_Braksick, BadSanta, danbot3, Animisha, Burkhard, aphexdisklavier, benkeys, 10 invisible), 1,830 guests, and 279 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
M
OP Offline
M
Hello all. I'm new to the forum, and am looking for some help. I am returning to the US after two years in the Former Soviet Union (Georgia). I am bringing a Mulbach grand piano with me which I unfortunately have to sell (I have my late mother's Yamaha grand back in the states). The piano is incredible and gorgeous. I couldn't bear parting with the Mulbach in Georgia though. I have no idea how much it may be worth and am looking for help finding out. The serial number is 3642, and according to an on-line service, it was made between 1900-1915. If you google Mulbach, you won't find much unless you do it in Russian. I found one for sale in Russia for $42,000 - $58,000. Can anyone help?

3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
I don't think an unknown brand of grand piano has a huge value, especially if it is 100 years old and if it is in original condition. Russian pianos in general do not have a good reputation. Unless it has some very unique features, it will certainly cost you more to move it that you will get from the sale.
As well, be aware of the red tape involved in importing pianos with ivory keys into the States.
A high asking price says nothing about the value of a piano. A completed sale is a different story.

JG
M
OP Offline
M
I appreciate your input. Luckily it isn't costing me anything to move it back. And I'm confident, given the beauty of this piano and its amazing condition, that someone will be interested. Where would one look to find antique and/or piano buyers in the US, preferably DC area or East Coast. Will email you photo if interested.

Moderated by  Gombessa, Piano World, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Estonia 1990
by Iberia - 04/16/24 11:01 AM
Very Cheap Piano?
by Tweedpipe - 04/16/24 10:13 AM
Practical Meaning of SMP
by rneedle - 04/16/24 09:57 AM
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,390
Posts3,349,260
Members111,632
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission