2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
63 members (AlkansBookcase, Barry_Braksick, danno858, BadSanta, danbot3, Animisha, Burkhard, 14 invisible), 1,836 guests, and 283 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
F
OP Offline
F
I am a tourist from Hong Kong and will stay in Vienna for six days from 1 Jul to 7 Jul.

I would like to know the details piano recital or piano solo shows in Vienna in that period. laugh I just have a research that St Peter's church have few piano sonata performance in July 2014

Can anybody give me some advices?

A
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
A
Try the city's website:
Vienna - NOW or NEVER

The cafe piano music is a traditional pastime for the Viennese. The acoustics of the Musikverein are outstanding; if you can get a seat stage left--on the big stage--for any kind of concert, I'd highly recommend it. Peterskirche has a great organ/environment and free concerts that are great. Music is all around...you may want to experience the different acoustic spaces around the city.

For food, I would HIGHLY recommend Dom Beisl (slightly more viennese) and Mraz & Sohn (slightly more Austrian). If you want to know what a Wienerschnitzel should taste like, go there. However, these are artist chefs, so I order their tasting menu. I go to Dom Beisl a few time a week and Mraz & Sohn at least once a month when in town...I rarely go elsewhere. A 4-course lunch at an outside table at Dom Beisl, and a 9-course dinner at Mraz & Sohn's kitchen table is what I like to do. Make reservations, and do the wine pairings. Both Sommeliers are world-class at pairing the wines with the foods. If you are looking for a viennese breakfast--and the finest croissants imaginable--go to Orlando di Castello BEFORE 10am! Make a reservation and sit outside.

Moderated by  Piano World 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Estonia 1990
by Iberia - 04/16/24 11:01 AM
Very Cheap Piano?
by Tweedpipe - 04/16/24 10:13 AM
Practical Meaning of SMP
by rneedle - 04/16/24 09:57 AM
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,390
Posts3,349,260
Members111,633
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission