Just in case some of you haven't heard...The Cleveland International Piano Competition starts tomorrow. They are having a webscast according to their website. I just happen to be visiting family in Western NY right now so next Monday I have tickets to see the 2nd Round! We are making the 3 hour or so drive to Cleveland for the day.

What I find interesting is that it seems that four of the candidates are missing from the updated roster. (Possibly having withdrawn?) I received a flier in the mail a while ago trying to sell tickets which listed all of the contestants. I was very excited to see Eduard Kunz was going to be in it, and was hoping to hear him live for the first time. If the four contestants that are noticibly missing from the competition website's list did indeed withdraw it seems like a real waste of 4 spots that could have gone to some of the other 200+ applicants. I guess we will find out after tomorrow what really happened after they have the number draw tonight.

Here is the original list I found on AAF: (The updated list is on the competition's website.)

Arta Arnicane (lat)
Maryna Baranova (ukr)
Mateusz Borowiak (pol)
Sean Chen (usa)
Yunjie Chen (chn)
Alexei Chernov (rus)
Yue Chu (chn)
Fei Fei Dong (chn)
Denis Evstiukhine (rus)
Anna Fedorova (ukr)
Tanya Gabrielian (usa)
Pavel Gintov (ukr)
Sooyeon Ham (cor)
Ruoyu Huang (chn)
Jae Weon Huh (cor)
Shinnosuke Inugai (jpn)
Kyu-Yeon Kim (cor)
Rachel Naomi Kudo (usa)
Eduard Kunz (rus)
Eun-Ae Karen Lee (cor)
Jeewon Lee (cor)
Daniele Rinaldo (it)
Scipione Sangiovanni (it)
Alexander Schimpf (frg)
Lu Shen (chn)
Rina Sudo (jpn)
Jun Sun (chn)
Andrew Tyson (usa)
Anna Volovich (rus)
Eric Zuber (usa)

Last edited by apianonne; 07/26/11 03:44 PM.