2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
56 members (Animisha, Burkhard, aphexdisklavier, benkeys, 1200s, akse0435, AlkansBookcase, Cheeto717, 12 invisible), 1,880 guests, and 264 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#963674 09/23/07 03:57 PM
193866 Offline OP
500 Post Club Member
OP Offline
500 Post Club Member
Dear Teachers, Today Elizabeth, age 13, has joined us in the Classical Pianist Forum.She wrote a very well mannered post and you would enjoy reading her post. John B has written welcome but no one else as replied to her post at all. I just posted for her. Would some of you please post and encourage her? I feel badly for her as there is not much response to her very wonderful and hopeful introduction of herself. Thank you John B for posting... Teachers thank you in advance for posting for Elizabeth. Grandmother Sandy B

Sandra M. Boletchek 08/02/06
B
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
B
That's nice of you Sandra, to alert us to a new and young talent in piano world forums! Nice job!

Melodie (Elizabeth) has a lot to offer and an interesting musical background, so I suggest teachers read it - 9 years with the same teacher. And, she is 13 years old and a freshman.

There is also a young man, xtraheat, age 13 - 8th grade who posted a video and newspaper article about his compositions. He has posted in "New Song" and "Child Prodigies" topics.

From my point of view, young musicians are to be encouraged and respected, especially when they are very undecided about having professional careers in music. So, I have added my advice to each of these young people.

Do you remember when you were 13?

Betty

193866 Offline OP
500 Post Club Member
OP Offline
500 Post Club Member
Dear Betty, Thank you for caring Betty and giving welcomes to these young people. At 68 years old I do remember when I was 13 years old and we were in a wonderful community as they held the community children in high regard. Many educators in our communtiy. Their idea of a day out for the young people of the community was to take us to the NSO , they would take 4 or 5 car loads of us to the National Symphony several times a year. At that time I had a wonderful Glee Club teacher who took me aside and sent 3 hours a week, 3 days, an hour each, after school and taught me private voice lessons, no cost to me, she wanted me to sing solos for the Glee Club. I want to share and help others have these beautiful memories of their youth as a result of kind and caring adults. The volunteers with the Grange {farmers organization} of my communtiy are the most outstanding of these memories, they organized the trips to the NSO , girl's drill team, ballteam, tumbling team, dance lessons, benefit suppers to raise money to help the less fortunate children of our communtiy, etc. We took turkeys and toys to these less fortunate children during holidays, the Grange volunteers drove and we the children hand delivered the goodies to these less fortunate children and their families. Sandy B

M
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
M
Welcome Elizabeth! If you ever have questions, feel free to post them here. You have a wonderful community of teacher sfrom all backgrounds that are willing to help! laugh

private piano/voice teacher FT

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
193866 Offline OP
500 Post Club Member
OP Offline
500 Post Club Member
Betty and teachers, Have you heard extraheat's composition he posted today? Really grand for a 13 year old. There is a composition professor who has posted ,think he is a member of Piano World ... wonder if he could listen and make suggestions please to this talented young man ? I meant to make a new post sorry. Sandy B

Moderated by  platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Estonia 1990
by Iberia - 04/16/24 11:01 AM
Very Cheap Piano?
by Tweedpipe - 04/16/24 10:13 AM
Practical Meaning of SMP
by rneedle - 04/16/24 09:57 AM
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,390
Posts3,349,248
Members111,632
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission