2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
59 members (Carey, beeboss, Chris B, Cheeeeee, CharlesXX, Aleks_MG, accordeur, brdwyguy, 11 invisible), 1,922 guests, and 301 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
J
OP Offline
J
He guys and gals!

So I’m looking for an „musical accountability partner”
I realize that most people here won’t be interested in this, and some even think it’s plain unnecessary or dorky – if you do, please ignore this topic.

So I'm a novice pianist and looking for accountability partners whom we help each other keep on track, encourage, and support each other.

The idea is to send each others messages about our process regularly, hold each other accountable for our goals (and not by shaming but by being encouraging and positive). We could also do Skype sessions when we talk to each other, show/play what we’ve accomlished since the last session. (Of course sending each other audio recording or video about newly learnt pieces is also good idea)

Note: I’m not looking for a teacher, I already have a good one who helps me a great deal with technical issues. This accountability partnernship has more to do with emotional support and encouragment then technical knowledge.
I’m looking for people at any level – I doesn’t matter how much you know right now. The only criteria is positive attitude and eagerness to improve.

If there are more people who are interested in this then we also foun a group and hold google hangouts/skype meetings from time to time where we discuss topics and perform to each other – that would be great fun laugh!
I’m also interested with practicing other music related topics like solfeggio, ear training, singing, composing – if you have goals related to one of these that write me!

If you're interested in practicing music together then write me! We can set up weekly exercises/drills (like arpeggios, chord progressions, patterns, ear-training) and test each other online (for example through skype!)
6000 Post Club Member
6000 Post Club Member
For many of us, that's what we have here on the Adult Beginners Forum!

Learner
S
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
S
There is a whole thread of people doing that in MOYD (Master of Your Domain) link.

They don't do Skype or chat, but with the forum there isn't that much need for that. Most of the other stuff is done on the thread, such as posting links to recordings, reports of progress, struggles, this week's goals, encouragement. There are people at many levels.

If you want to start a weekly hangout or chat time, you might get some participation. The caveat is that the Internet and its technical hurdles can become a time drain. I often suggest that 80% of Internet time is often better spent at the bench, but you may find some takers.

As is, the thread works okay. People report when they want, don't have to coordinate time zones, and can respond when they have time. Many piano people seem to have very busy schedules, so scheduling an Internet chat or similar is adding one more thing to what is often a large pile of time commitments.

W
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
W
Yep, MOYD. And perhaps FOYD..

J
OP Offline
J
Hey there! Thanks for the answer!

Yes I've seen MOYD and it looks great, I'm sure it works for many people here.

I'd prefer to do it one-on-one through mail or skype because I've find that it more fun and keeps me more motivated than writing to a forum.

I agree, people are quite busy, but I'm sure there would be some musicians who would be up for it and able to spare some time for it.

I do language exchange through skype (english and russian) few times every week and it's easily the most be benefitial part my of all my language learning activities.

I assume it could be somewhat similar for studying music. Even if it's a bit hard to get the time schedueling down at first I think it's worth the effort.

If you're interested in practicing music together then write me! We can set up weekly exercises/drills (like arpeggios, chord progressions, patterns, ear-training) and test each other online (for example through skype!)

Moderated by  Bart K, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Recommended Songs for Beginners
by FreddyM - 04/16/24 03:20 PM
New DP for a 10 year old
by peelaaa - 04/16/24 02:47 PM
Estonia 1990
by Iberia - 04/16/24 11:01 AM
Very Cheap Piano?
by Tweedpipe - 04/16/24 10:13 AM
Practical Meaning of SMP
by rneedle - 04/16/24 09:57 AM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,392
Posts3,349,302
Members111,634
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission