2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
66 members (bcalvanese, 36251, brdwyguy, amc252, akse0435, 20/20 Vision, benkeys, apianostudent, 17 invisible), 2,107 guests, and 330 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#2464559 09/29/15 01:11 AM

Gold Supporter until July 22 2015
1000 Post Club Member
OP Offline

1000 Post Club Member
In case you haven't caught the thread over at the Pianist Corner - https://www.pianoworld.com/forum/ubb...old_gets_performance_di.html#Post2464317

It's worth watching and listening. Once I got over the insanity of his abilities at his age, I really got listening to his playing, and he's good. I really like his Haydn. The Chopin and Debussy sounded great too, but those are quite quite beyond me to interpret. I am just picking up my jaw off the floor.

It's amazing that the only times he trips up a bit is really because his hands aren't big enough. Still, he manages amazingly. I hope he survives his teenage years, and doesn't become distracted by stardom that's surely to follow, and keep playing through it all.

Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
This can evoke one of two reactions . . .there are too many kids who are wonderful pianists! (That`s one of `em) It does (but shouldn`t) make us aware of our limitations, self imposed or otherwise. . .

Last edited by peterws; 09/29/15 04:14 AM.

"I am not a man. I am a free number"

"[Linked Image]"
E
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
E
love to know....was it Hanon or Czerny that got him to where he is smirk

Surprisingly easy, barely an inconvenience.

Kawai K8 & Kawai Novus NV10

13x[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Gold Subscriber
3000 Post Club Member
Gold Subscriber
3000 Post Club Member
Yeah, saw this over at PC. Awesome. I don't think it will be easy to figure out (rationalize) how he came that far, in that short of time, and at that young of age.

After he gave his short verbal introductions, he returned to the piano and sat still with his hands in place for several seconds. This is often taught to students: to think through the first few measures or calm oneself before starting to play. Not typical seven-year-old behavior!

He must have astounding powers of what I'll call mimickery: the ability to see and hear how something is done by the pros (all the body movements that are needed to play a piece and make it sound like it should) and then immediately do it. In the movies, he'd be a shape-shifter. smile

[Linked Image]
Yamaha C3X
In summer, the song sings itself. --William Carlos Williams

C
C
Oh Gosh. I lost motivation to do exercises today :[

He's truly little Genius. It's amazing that his brain already recognizes all the chords and patterns in all the pieces and yet he's only 7. I just wonder how can he manage to play with his little hands, e.g., Chopin's Fantaisie Impromptu, how could he reach octaves. Tha's absolutely amazing.

Zbigniew

[Linked Image]
D
D
His play was intricately precise and interpretations were awesome. Except for a couple parts in Chopin and the most of the Debussy que lente(?) waltz , which I understand he will naturally not have the right expression for those pieces right now as they are too mature for him at this age. I am sure he will be able to delineate that out later in a few years.
He is definitely cute and very focused for a whole hour of doing this. and I am sure he made several practice rounds of rehearsal

debussychopin.
Look at this little gal go . . . no music, even looks at the camera. And has a bit of attitude!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b69Tn4mfnIY

I`m tryin` sooo very hard to play this. . . .you just gotta laugh!

"I am not a man. I am a free number"

"[Linked Image]"

1000 Post Club Member
OP Offline

1000 Post Club Member
People may comment how the poor child is not having a normal childhood because he must spend so much time practicing piano instead of spend time being a normal child. On the contrary, I think someone like this must have all the time in the world because in 2 years, he has already completed my entire piano life-long goal since 5-6 years ago and will be working on for the rest of my life. So if anything this child has far more time than any normal person, especially if he decides to do something other than piano for income when he grows up.

E
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
E
there is a lot to be said for being average.

Surprisingly easy, barely an inconvenience.

Kawai K8 & Kawai Novus NV10

13x[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
D
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
D
She is amazing. Very musical!

"Imagine it in all its primatic colorings, its counterpart in our souls - our souls that are great pianos whose strings, of honey and of steel, the divisions of the rainbow set twanging, loosing on the air great novels of adventure!" - William Carlos Williams
C
C
I also don't understand comments regarding child prodigy's childhoods etc. In the end the boy, or and that cute girl :), have both amazing gift and talent I can only be jelaous about. it would be such a waist if they did not train and practice piano. I think parents definitely do the right thing there!

As to me, well, I will probably never achieve what they have already achieved but we've got to enjoy what we have smile I think I am good enough to enjoy piano laugh

Zbigniew

[Linked Image]
Celdor #2466808 10/05/15 04:51 PM

1000 Post Club Member
OP Offline

1000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by Celdor
As to me, well, I will probably never achieve what they have already achieved but we've got to enjoy what we have smile I think I am good enough to enjoy piano laugh

Well, just look at it this way. While most of the world's best concert pianists are at one point or another child prodigies, Barenboim, Pires, all of them performed at some insane level before they had their first acne. Still, all the piano makers would be completely out of business if they relied on the pros for revenue. Music teachers too. They would be out of business waiting for the next Evgeny Kissin to walk through their doors. We're keeping the light on for them, so they could continue to provide for the elite, so hey, we count for something!

S
PW Gold Subscriber
PW Gold Subscriber
S
Originally Posted by 8 Octaves
Originally Posted by Celdor

Well, just look at it this way. While most of the world's best concert pianists are at one point or another child prodigies, Barenboim, Pires, all of them performed at some insane level before they had their first acne. Still, all the piano makers would be completely out of business if they relied on the pros for revenue. Music teachers too. They would be out of business waiting for the next Evgeny Kissin to walk through their doors. We're keeping the light on for them, so they could continue to provide for the elite, so hey, we count for something!

I don't believe any composer would be satisfied to think his/her music is only being played by the elite. Indeed, I don't play Mozart's lovely music as well as it deserves, but I would like to think he is happy that I am really trying to understand it, and communicate it well when I play... I don't consider any of us 'placeholders' if we work at finding the passion the composer felt for what he wrote. The joy of making music should be, and is, for all who want to experience that joy. We are much more than a way for manufacturers to stay in business.

Moderated by  Bart K, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
New DP for a 10 year old
by peelaaa - 04/16/24 02:47 PM
Estonia 1990
by Iberia - 04/16/24 11:01 AM
Very Cheap Piano?
by Tweedpipe - 04/16/24 10:13 AM
Practical Meaning of SMP
by rneedle - 04/16/24 09:57 AM
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,391
Posts3,349,273
Members111,634
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission