2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
26 members (busa, Cominut, drumour, Foxtrot3, Hakki, crab89, EVC2017, clothearednincompo, APianistHasNoName, 6 invisible), 1,170 guests, and 281 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#1138777 05/15/05 10:38 AM
A
Azor Offline OP
OP Offline
A
Hi everyone!

I was wondering if someone could give me a link or send me the sheet of Lara's Theme...I really want to get this... frown

My mail in case... azor@u2email.com

Thank's!

S
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
S

"The true character of a man can be determined by witnessing what he does when no one is watching".

anon
R
R
I was surfing the net in relation to this film Dr. Zhivago and chanced by this thread. I can't help you with the enchanting music. It inspired me towrite the following prose-poem which I post here with your indulgence.-Ron Price, Tasmania

Ten weeks after I had come to the firmest and most realistic of decisions I had yet made regarding my future career—the decision to become a primary school teacher--the film Dr. Zhivago was released. During my pre-adult life(1963-1944), I had wanted to be a bricklayer, a fireman and a professional baseball player--in that order. My career as a primary school teacher also proved unrealistic and was short-lived, although it proved to be much more realistic than those other three alternatives mentioned above, all of which were early life enthusiasms born of childhood and adolescent play and dreams.

On 22 December 1965, the day that the film Dr. Zhivago was released, I was on my way to a Baha’i youth winter school at the University of Waterloo campus in Waterloo Ontario. The film was shot in the previous months while my father lay dying in Dundas Ontario, while my mother was finishing her working life and retiring and while I was majoring in history, philosophy and sociology at McMaster University in Hamilton Ontario. In the first year(22/12/65-22/12/66) of the release of Dr. Zhivago, a film that became one of the most popular 20th century movies, I moved to Windsor to study under Dr. Jameson Bond, an anthropologist at the University of Windsor and a Baha’i who had lived in the high Arctic for a dozen years; I also began my teacher training and started a relationship with Miss Judy Gower whom I married in August 1967.

After pondering with some anxiety for eight months(12/65-8/66) the decision to teach school in the Canadian Arctic and after finishing my degree; after selling ice-cream for the Good Humour Company for three summer months and after attending a one week Baha’i youth training institute in Michigan, I left my home town, family and friends and started teaching career on Baffin Island among the Inuit. -Ron Price, Pioneering Over Four Epochs, 30 March 2008.

I knew nothing of Dr. Zhivago
until years later and little of the
Russian revolution or communism,
for that matter, although I had studied
Marx’s Economic and Philosophical
Manuscripts.1 I had discovered my
own romance not unlike Zhivago’s in
a revolution of quite another order in a
snow-bound world of quite another time.

With tragedy and a new high-seriousness
built into my daily life and with decisions
made---the enterprize all came to naught:
the north, the Arctic, the Eskimos, health,
marriage, career and, like Zhivago, I found
an inner poetic beauty, a new life and--like
Zhivago--I created one with my own Lara2
and life went on and on toward my own
mysterious end which has not yet come.

1 Written by Karl Marx in the summer of 1844.
2 While married, but separated from my first wife, I formed a relationship with a woman who became my second wife in December 1975.

Ron Price
30 March 2008

married for 48 years,a teacher for 32, a student for 18, a writer and editor for 16, and a Baha'i for 56(in 2015)
M
M
Originally posted by Azor:
Hi everyone!

I was wondering if someone could give me a link or send me the sheet of Lara's Theme...I really want to get this... frown

My mail in case... azor@u2email.com

Thank's!
Have done a piano arrangement of this - email me at michaels.music@merseymail.com if interested. If you want to see what sort of arrangements I do, visit my site at http://uk.geocities.com/rm.hammond@btinternet.com

btb Offline
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
Here’s a copy of the first page of "Somewhere My Love" ... I’m sure the composer Maurice Jarre would be delighted to know that there is still someone out there (50 years later) who would
like to put together the romantic theme at the keyboard ... shades of the secret love of Julie Christie and Omar Sharif.

web page

web page

R
R
Check out www.musicnotes.com. You'll have to pay for it, but it downloads right away if they have it in that format. Sometimes you can change the key before you download it.

RC

R
R
After nearly 7 years, a belated thanks is in order. Best wishes to you all from Downunder.-Ron Price

married for 48 years,a teacher for 32, a student for 18, a writer and editor for 16, and a Baha'i for 56(in 2015)
I recall I bought a copy of the 45rpm record Somewhere My Love,they were playing on the radio for my sister's birthday back in the summer of 1965- with "Red Rubber Ball" and "My Guy". I was eleven and she was turning 16. Not sure why or how I recall all three records she'd requested, I just do.
"Red Rubber Ball" always reminded me of Eddy Sachs and his fatal fiery car crash at the 64 Indy 500 in the "Red Ball Moving Company Special", and of Vietnam, where the worst was DEFINITELY not over now. Never saw Dr. Zhivago though.

Last edited by harpon; 02/02/15 09:26 PM.
R
R
A belated thanks, harpon, for your post and its nostalgic recollections. My posts at this site have, thusfar, been somewhat nostalgic pieces. I wish you well from Australia.-Ron Price, Tasmania

Moderated by  platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Pianodisc PDS-128+ calibration
by Dalem01 - 04/15/24 04:50 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,384
Posts3,349,178
Members111,631
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission