2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
43 members (AlkansBookcase, Bruce Sato, APianistHasNoName, BillS728, bcalvanese, anotherscott, Carey, danno858, 9 invisible), 1,245 guests, and 297 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
F
OP Offline
F
Hello,

I am looking into buying a digital piano for my eight year old daughter who has started piano classes. Her teacher has recommended the Roland digital pianos.

I saw the MP-60 brand on the web which sells for about $1400. My local piano store here in Maryland is recommending a PT-2700, which they will sell to us for $2000.

I haven't found any info on the PT-2700 anywhere. My piano store put me in touch with the local Roland rep who built up the PT-2700 (similar to the HP-2, according to him) and put down the MP-60.

I know nothing about pianos. Has anyone here heard of the PT-2700 or have any general advice? I prefer to spend around $1400 than $2000 but will pay the extra money if it is really worth it.

Thank you.

S
S
Hi - we are in a similar situation, I am looking for a new piano for my 10 year old; but
he wants a digital with a LCD screen (it's a gameboy world now). I found out that Roland distributes it pianos through two types of dealerships - the higher end pianos are sold only through exclusive area dealers like the PT-2700 you mention. That is why you can't find it elsewhere and if you want it, you have to pay their price. The other line of more modest instruments are marketed with their keyboards through a different type of Music store including local and online stores, consequently there is a bit more market competition - like the MP-60. Although we like their products, they are too expensive for us, so I am trying to find a nice digital for around $2k. I have seen alot of nice pianos (not Rolands) for around 1K w/o the LCD- including some Yamaha's - this is the brand our piano teacher has, something to consider. If you go to Musicbuy.com they have a comparison chart for the digitals they sell, which might help you decide. You might also check Ebay - that is where I am looking right now. I imagine that the PT-2700 is a higher quality instrument, but for practicing, probably the MP-60 would be fine. In a few years when your child really knows how to play, she will have earned the better digital. I am also looking at these digitals like computer technology. The technology is always better next year. Well, good luck

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Pianodisc PDS-128+ calibration
by Dalem01 - 04/15/24 04:50 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,384
Posts3,349,159
Members111,630
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission