2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
49 members (36251, Bostonmoores, 20/20 Vision, Cheeeeee, Adam Reynolds, Burkhard, 1200s, clothearednincompo, akse0435, busa, 5 invisible), 1,303 guests, and 295 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
J
OP Offline
J
So, I'm on my second p105 already. The first one got dropped about a foot and a half from the floor, right side up, and when it landed, one key popped up just a tad and got stuck. I returned it to GC and they swapped it out for a new one. Anyhow, I got the new one home, unpacked it, and I noticed the key alignment is not perfect like the first one I had. In particular, the B6 key seems to be slightly lower than C6. I'll post some pictures. The question is: is this normal/acceptable?

Thanks for looking!
-Jeff

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

P
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
P
Hello, in between the A and the B- it almost seems like it slopes down a little at an angle. I would encourage you to return again for an exchange because you are still within the return period of 45 days (i think it is the same for guitar center and musicians friend)

When I got my P105 something must have happened in shippping or at the Music. Frnd. warehouse because one of the keys was popped up (and every key to the right of it)

I am on my second unit and it seems good. Now, the spacing is generally a little closer it seems on the Yamaha's than Casios but it is uniform.

I sent my Casio PX350 back friday- mostly horizontal spacing but one of the keys might have been higher by a very small amount.

It seems that having uniformly spaced keys isn't a priorty or major concern for the manufacturers, but as long at is doesn't hurt the playing it should be okay.

However, yours looks like an exception; they key almost seems "slanted"

Kawai Es8
Korg Nautilus 61
Yamaha P125
Arturia KeyLab MKII
Yamaha CK61
J
OP Offline
J
Sorry for the late reply Possum, but yes, I did return it 2 days ago(thanks for your advice). New keybed is great and am now back to being inspired to play smile... That bad key had me bummed out for a couple days frown

Side note: I need to get some better headphones!!! lol

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,385
Posts3,349,185
Members111,631
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission