2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
69 members (anotherscott, Bellyman, Carey, brennbaer, busa, Barly, 1957, 13 invisible), 2,022 guests, and 322 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#2541874 05/21/16 04:57 AM
M
Macy Offline OP
500 Post Club Member
OP Offline
500 Post Club Member
M
Anyone have a link to the Galaxy Vintage D activation limit? I can't find it anywhere.

I only want to use it on ONE Mac at a time, but I want to do some experiments with several Macs (different CPUs, RAM, and # of cores to access what new piano Mac I may buy) and eventually move it to either a new Mac (yet to be purchased) or perhaps even back to the original Mac. So I would anticipate activating it on 3-5 Macs within a couple of weeks. In the end it would probably remain on 2 Macs (one as a backup computer).

Authorization is done through the Native Instruments "Service Center" app. Native Instruments limit THEIR VST PRODUCTS to two computers simultaneously but you can apparently activate as many times as necessary to move to new computers. There's no process to deactivate so apparently this is on an "honor" system.

But the Vintage D is NOT a Native Instruments product. It just uses their "Service Center" for activations. I don't know if they place a limit on how many times it can be moved to a new computer.

Macy

CVP-409GP, Garritan CFX, Vintage D, Ivory II GP's & American Concert D, Pianoteq, True Keys American D, Ravenscroft 275, Garritan Authorized Steinway, Alicia's Keys, EWQL Pianos, MainStage, iPad Pro/forScore/PageFlip Cicada, Custom Mac MIDI/Audio Software Design, Macs Everywhere
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
When someone who is usually in the role of answering questions about virtual instruments, asks such a question, it must be a difficult one, and it is in this case. cool

Isn't Best Service the company behind Vintage D? On their website, they say that in cases of authorizations, activations and/or serial numbers problems, they ask people to contact the software developer directly.

Have you turned to Best Service regarding this, and is that where you got the Vintage D? Sorry to be answering with more questions!

Me on YouTube

Casio PX-5S. Garritan CFX, Production Grand 2 Gold, Concert Grand LE, AcousticSamples C7, some Sampletekks. Pianoteq 8 Std (Blüthner, SteinGraeber, NY/HB Steinway D).
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
DRM schemes are a hassle, especially if they require instant activation before use. Sensible schemes allow for a few days of grace time (see Windows activation) for testing. Dongles have advantages, too.

Yamaha P-515
M
Macy Offline OP
500 Post Club Member
OP Offline
500 Post Club Member
M
Originally Posted by TheodorN
When someone who is usually in the role of answering questions about virtual instruments, asks such a question, it must be a difficult one, and it is in this case. cool

Yeah, I was surprised I couldn't find an official written answer searching the internet.

Originally Posted by TheodorN

Isn't Best Service the company behind Vintage D? On their website, they say that in cases of authorizations, activations and/or serial numbers problems, they ask people to contact the software developer directly.

Have you turned to Best Service regarding this, and is that where you got the Vintage D? Sorry to be answering with more questions!

Thanks. That's what I'll do.

Macy

CVP-409GP, Garritan CFX, Vintage D, Ivory II GP's & American Concert D, Pianoteq, True Keys American D, Ravenscroft 275, Garritan Authorized Steinway, Alicia's Keys, EWQL Pianos, MainStage, iPad Pro/forScore/PageFlip Cicada, Custom Mac MIDI/Audio Software Design, Macs Everywhere
M
Macy Offline OP
500 Post Club Member
OP Offline
500 Post Club Member
M
Originally Posted by JoeT
DRM schemes are a hassle, especially if they require instant activation before use. Sensible schemes allow for a few days of grace time (see Windows activation) for testing. Dongles have advantages, too.

I actually like the iLok, contrary to most people I guess. Nearly painless to move from one computer to another especially when you have your sample libraries on an external SSD, and you never have worry about reactivating or too many activations.

Macy

3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by Macy

Authorization is done through the Native Instruments "Service Center" app. Native Instruments limit THEIR VST PRODUCTS to two computers simultaneously but you can apparently activate as many times as necessary to move to new computers. There's no process to deactivate so apparently this is on an "honor" system.

I have asked the question to Native Instrument (Before buying the Definitive Piano Collection), and I have understood there is not a 2 PC limit. I was afraid of loosing a license with an out of order PC. The answer were reassuring. But I suppose there is a limit preventing abuse (sharing serial numbers on Internet by example), but I havn't asked how many installations per year could be authorised.

http://www.sinerj.org/
http://humeur-synthe.sinerj.org/
Yamaha N1X, Bechstein Digital Grand, Garritan CFX, Ivory II pianos, Galaxy pianos, EWQL Pianos, Native-Instrument The Definitive Piano Collection, Soniccouture Hammersmith, Truekeys, Pianoteq

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Very Cheap Piano?
by Tweedpipe - 04/16/24 10:13 AM
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,387
Posts3,349,212
Members111,632
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission