2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
46 members (Cominut, Burkhard, 1200s, clothearednincompo, akse0435, busa, 36251, Davidnewmind, Dfrankjazz, 5 invisible), 1,240 guests, and 259 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
L
OP Offline
L
My wife wants a digital piano. We just sold her upright and she wants a replacent. These appear to be the things she is looking for in order of importance.

1) Must feel like a paino - good key action.
2) Must sound like a acoustic piano (she will be mostly using headphones but she still wants it to have a natural sound)
3) Price new or used - less than $2000 (I prefer less than $1500).
4) She wants footpedals. It appears she wants footpedals attached to the keyboard in a way such that they feel natural.

Number four appears to limit us to the digitals that look like small uprights. I think this is unfortunate because it seems the best piano value is in the regular digitals that go on a stand with pedals that attach by cord. How many features or how much quality are we sacrificing for the faux piano look?

Any help you guys could porvide is greatly appreciated. I am clueless.

Originally posted by lysdexic:
4) She wants footpedals. It appears she wants footpedals attached to the keyboard in a way such that they feel natural.

Number four appears to limit us to the digitals that look like small uprights. I think this is unfortunate because it seems the best piano value is in the regular digitals that go on a stand with pedals that attach by cord. How many features or how much quality are we sacrificing for the faux piano look?
Now, I'll say this, I haven't researched foot pedals, but I think what the industry needs is some sort of 3-pedals on one plug sort of contraption (if that makes sense, of course, the digi would have to support the technology). Something that weights enough as to not move due to casual playing, or can be fixated to something or other.

I've got a digital stage piano (the non-upright looking kind), and what I did was to have a custom stand built (my dad built it). It may be possible to build a stand that would implement some sort of contraption to "fix" the pedals in place. It's just a thought that I've been toying with since seeing your post. Then again, this may not be a good option depending on your particular circumstance. For me, the lack of funds has played into my personal decisions, hence the "homemade" stand (which I love by the way).

M
M
Take a look at the yamaha ydp-223. It has the attached pedals and is sold in discount music stores right next to the stage pianos. I have heard somewhere else on this group (can't remember where exactly) that it's basically the same as one of the more expensive clavinovas.

I
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
I
Kawai CN-290 is a great affordable Digital Piano

A good compromise between a 'stage' and 'piano' look is the Yamaha PF500 or the PF1000. The 500 is closer to your price range. Take a look at them at www.yamaha.com.

Tim
S
S
I recently bought a Roland HP3

Very happy with my purchase

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,385
Posts3,349,185
Members111,631
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission