OT: If You Have a Daughter

Posted by: Piano World

OT: If You Have a Daughter - 07/16/10 01:23 PM

Only slightly off topic, as the lyrics to this beautiful song sung by Jessica Gall were written by our own Robin Goldsby (the Piano Girl). We will be meeting Robin during our European Piano Tour Robin also provided the pictures used in the video, in honor of her daughter's 14th birthday.

For those of us lucky enough to have a wonderful daughter (or daughters), I think this song is a tribute to all of them.

Posted by: Monica K.

Re: OT: If You Have a Daughter - 07/16/10 02:04 PM

What a lovely song, and terrific slideshow. smile

--Monica, whose own 14-year-old daughter has been away at camp for the past 3 weeks and who misses her very, very much. frown
Posted by: Rich Galassini

Re: OT: If You Have a Daughter - 07/16/10 02:12 PM

Thank you Frank. From a father whose daughter has JUST passed her driving test today, this has a special meaning.

(heavy sigh)
Posted by: Piano World

Re: OT: If You Have a Daughter - 07/16/10 02:24 PM

Originally Posted By: Rich Galassini
Thank you Frank. From a father whose daughter has JUST passed her driving test today, this has a special meaning.

(heavy sigh)

Yup, I remember that milestone, big step.

My little girl turned 27 in June, but I still remember the dance classes, birthday parties, friends over, etc.
Posted by: Roger Ransom

Re: OT: If You Have a Daughter - 07/16/10 09:23 PM

Wonderful,

From a Grandfather who's incredible daughter is (gasp!) 38 and will be visiting us in 2 weeks with her own 2 beautiful daughters.
Posted by: apple*

Re: OT: If You Have a Daughter - 07/18/10 09:44 PM

lovely

-apple who adores her daughter even as she approaches the tweens

Posted by: heather2010

Re: OT: If You Have a Daughter - 07/20/10 03:49 PM

Aww, that is such a sweet photo! Dogs and kids make good friends smile
Posted by: Rich Galassini

Re: OT: If You Have a Daughter - 07/24/10 07:26 AM

Great pic. apple. smile
Posted by: Piano Girl RMG

Re: OT: If You Have a Daughter - 07/24/10 01:57 PM

Thank you everyone, for taking a look at this and listening to the song. Frank, thanks so much for posting!

The singer, Jessica Gall, has two young daughters of her own. Like so many of us, she is balancing her music career with parenting, and coming out on top (exhausted, but on top). She was a dream to work with, mainly because we understand each other.

Amazingly, Beautiful Girls is now #1 on European iTunes Jazz Charts, proving, once again, that if you write, play, and sing from the heart, people pay attention.

I'm here in Ireland with my daughter, who just turned 14, and I wonder how many summers I have left to vacation with her. Here's to the "Beautiful Girls." May they stay with us forever.