Stats - Piano World & Other Piano Sites

Posted by: Piano World

Stats - Piano World & Other Piano Sites - 08/01/10 02:20 PM

I came across this site that publishes stats about web sites, found the numbers for Piano World interesting so I snagged a picture of them.

For those smart people who may be considering advertising on Piano World, here is a chance to see our numbers, and to compare them to other sites.
(I tried a few of our "competitors" and a few of our friends.)

(can be found live here: http://www.clearwebstats.com/pianoworld.com )

You can go here: http://www.clearwebstats.com and enter any site you'd like to check (leave out the www, just enter xyz.com).

Also found archived pages of Piano World going back to 1998, funny to see how it looked when I first started (I know, we're overdue for a new look).

http://web.archive.org/web/*/pianoworld.com

Posted by: Brandon_W_T

Re: Interesting Stats About Piano World - 08/01/10 02:23 PM

Wow! Thats cool!

Interesting that yahoo has more links than google.... I thought google was better! :P
Posted by: theJourney

Re: Interesting Stats About Piano World - 08/01/10 02:59 PM

Originally Posted By: Brandon_W_T
Wow! Thats cool!

Interesting that yahoo has more links than google.... I thought google was better! :P

Perhaps google is better at providing its users with relevant links in response to their search requests. wink
Posted by: eweiss

Re: Interesting Stats About Piano World - 08/01/10 02:59 PM

Wow! Thats cool!

Google only shows some of the links they have indexed. Don't know why that is but maybe Frank can shed some light on this.
Posted by: pianoloverus

Re: Interesting Stats About Piano World - 08/01/10 03:02 PM

It would be interesting to know what caused the big spikes(low or high), especially the one in April.
Posted by: pianoloverus

Re: Interesting Stats About Piano World - 08/01/10 03:02 PM

dp

Re: Interesting Stats About Piano World - 08/01/10 03:07 PM

Originally Posted By: eweiss
Wow! Thats cool!

Google only shows some of the links they have indexed. Don't know why that is but maybe Frank can shed some light on this.

There are a number of variables when seeking data from Google.
One has to do with which bank of servers you happen to hit, another has to do with relevancy, and Google tends to filter out results that are too similar.

I just shot a picture of a Google site search for PianoWorld showing 102,000 indexed pages...

Posted by: Melodialworks Music

Re: Interesting Stats About Piano World - 08/01/10 04:15 PM

I tried entering my own website. Now I know how much my site is "worth"!
Posted by: Monica K.

Re: Interesting Stats About Piano World - 08/02/10 10:22 AM

I see the domain name is set to expire next June. I'm assuming you get first dibs on renewing it?

Re: Interesting Stats About Piano World - 08/02/10 10:33 AM

Originally Posted By: Monica K.
I see the domain name is set to expire next June. I'm assuming you get first dibs on renewing it?

:-) I do. They've already started sending me reminders.