Piano World Home Page
Posted By: RickG1 A returning poster - 12/11/10 11:16 PM
Hello, I am the RickG that used to post here a couple years ago. It seems that when the format changed, I could never get logged in. Frank tried to help but something changed. Anyway, I have been monitoring the boards and always enjoy reading about what is going on and the current controversy. I have enjoyed visiting the piano shops of Rich Gal. and Alex Hernandez. I am Facebook friends with Rich Gal. and Frank and that still keeps me up to speed as well. I am currently being a "foster parent" to a Steinway B because some friends were downsizing and needed a place to "park" it. So, with my Mason-Hamlin A as well as the Baldwin Console, we are a 3 piano household. The S&S has been neglected somewhat so I am going to try to get it back in acceptable shape. Now, the M-H blows it away, IMHO. In any event, I hope to have some fellow musician friends over( after tech works it over) during the holidays to play duets and perhaps trios. Who knows?? Thanks, Frank, for hosting such a great place!!
Posted By: Piano*Dad Re: A returning poster - 12/11/10 11:25 PM
Welcome back. You'll just have to rebuild that post count!
Posted By: RickG1 Re: A returning poster - 12/12/10 12:15 AM
Yes, I know. I think I was about 600. Anyway, it is nice to be able to post without difficulties. To the other Rick in Georgia, congrats on the C7. You were always so proud of the Tokai. And your selflessness in caring for your wife is very heartwarming.
Posted By: Rickster Re: A returning poster - 12/12/10 02:42 AM
Hi RickG, and welcome back to the forums as a contributing member! However, your old posts are still in the archives.

Thanks for remembering me, and thanks for the comments about my new-to-me Yamaha C7… yes, it is a super nice piano and I still can’t believe I own such a nice instrument. It sounds fantastic and plays like a dream… and, I honestly think my playing has improved since I got it (or maybe it is psychological smile ).

I did finally sell the Tokai and the guy that bought it was a trained classical pianist and his two young daughters were about to start piano lessons. He was thrilled with the piano and he got a great deal on it too.

And, thanks for the kind words about me caring for my wife. Her condition has not changed, but thank God it is not any worse either; her brain tumor seems to have stopped growing for now, though she is still severely disabled. My biggest worry is that if something were to happen to me, she would have to go to a nursing home. I don’t wish that fate on anyone.

On a brighter note, welcome back to the forums, and I look forward to reading more of your posts! It sounds like you have some super nice pianos in your house too! smile

Take care and Merry Christmas!!

Rick from Georgia… AKA Rickster smile

Posted By: apple* Re: A returning poster - 12/12/10 03:11 PM
I'm glad you are back.. I don't quite remember who you are.
Posted By: RickG1 Re: A returning poster - 12/12/10 08:22 PM
My FIRST love is playing the pipe organ at the downtown Episcopal - Anglican Church here in El Paso. We have a Visser-Rowland mechanical action, 3 manual, 52 rank pipe organ which is a wonderful instrument( pipes are from Holland). I also am one of the staff organists at a restored movie theater which has a 3 manual, 20 rank Wurlitzer organ. I play the piano mostly for rehearsals and I use it in my orchestras at school. As for many of you here, this is one of my busy seasons. Apple, you have been healed from your cancer, if I remember correctly?
Posted By: apple* Re: A returning poster - 12/13/10 01:32 PM
oh yes.. I know who you are Rick..(i'm sorry I didn't pull your name out of the memory hat). Lately, I have been studying organ intensely, Rick. I bought my own Allen electric with full pedal board for practice and that helped immensely. Yes, it is the busy season, particularly since I play at 2 churches.. which works out surprisingly well.

I haven't exactly been healed Rick.. too late for that. However, I am doing very well with a full head of hair, apparent vibrant health and no problems.
Posted By: wouter79 Re: A returning poster - 12/14/10 08:13 PM
"Apple, you have been healed from your cancer, if I remember correctly?"

"I haven't exactly been healed Rick.. too late for that. "

Did not know this, sad to hear. Hope you can make the best of it!
© Piano World Piano & Digital Piano Forums