Piano World Home Page
Posted By: Estranged Advices on Kawai US series (in 1990s) - 10/08/07 07:42 AM
Hi,

I'm trying to learn more abt the kawai US series which were released in the early 1990s.

Was told by the dealer that it's actually the preceding model for the k series.

Will appreciate if anyone can shed some light on this series

cheers
There was a US50,55,60,63H,70 and 75 They were all 52" tall with the rounded case design,grand style fallboard and the large music rack. They were actually the predecessor mdls.to the US6X and the US8X which were the predecesors of the
K-80 which was the precessor to the present K-8
I've always felt they were the sleeper mdls. in direct competition to the Yamaha U3 which one sees more often.The US55,63H,70 and the 75, I believe were not sold and marketed through Kawai USA but are present grey market mdls. The US70 and 75 were the high end mdls as for the gray market mdls.They were of the traditional squared off cabinet similar to the Yamaha WX7 /U5 case design. They had agraffes and believe it not had two extra strings in the bass,low G and G# which had no hammers or dampers and reasonated sympatheicly.If of low milage they are great pianos. None of the US mdls. had a sostenuto function except the later US8X,K80 and the present K8.
Now you are an expert and could teach the dealer a thing or two about this US series. Good luck!
Posted By: Estranged Re: Advices on Kawai US series (in 1990s) - 10/08/07 08:21 AM
Hi,

Thanks for the information. I'm getting an used US-7X which is built in 1991 (import from Japan).

Have been trying to read up more on this model but there seems to be limited information abt it...will appreciate if you can shed some light!

Thanks
I forgot about the US7X which Iv'e only had 2 in the past.They are basically the same as the US6X with no sostenuto,neotex keytops and voiced kinda dark if I remember. Nice piano! You're right it is a gray market mdl.Kawai USA only offered the US6X and the US8X in the states.
Posted By: Estranged Re: Advices on Kawai US series (in 1990s) - 10/08/07 08:57 AM
hi, thanks for the input!

do u happen to know where i can read up more on the specifications for this model?

Once again, thanks for the information!
Research US6X in Kawai website archives Basically the same piano.
© Piano World Piano & Digital Piano Forums