THE NOAH AND ADAM LEE TRUST FUND (where to send your donations)

Posted by: jodi

THE NOAH AND ADAM LEE TRUST FUND (where to send your donations) - 01/22/08 05:32 PM

Ok, here's the info. I've set up a P.O Box for all the donations to be mailed to.
PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU INCLUDE YOUR ONLINE NAME SO I KNOW WHO TO CHECK OFF MY PLEDGE LIST!

Please make checks (personal, cashiers, or money order) payable to:

"The Noah and Adam Lee Trust Fund"

Mail to me:

K. Jodi Gear
P.O. Box 1813
Ferndale, WA 98248-1813

Some of our Canadian members are sending postal money orders, but that can be expensive. We may have a couple of other options, PM me for details.

JonNYC will handle Euro donations - PM him (or me, and I'll have him contact you) for details.

Although the post office doesn't like it when you send cash, if your donation is under $30 and you feel comfortable sticking a few bills in an envelope and mailing them, that's ok by me as well. Just at least include your online name so I know who it's from.

THANK YOU FRANK for handling paypal! (see below) Please, if you decide to donate this way, send me an PM, or post that you've done it so I can cross you off the pledge list! Thanks so much!

[edited by Frank B.]
For those who prefer to donate via PayPal, I've set up a special account. See the "Donate" button in our What's Hot box.
I will collect the donations and send a check to the fund. (Frank B.)

\:\) Jodi
Posted by: Catlady

Re: THE NOAH AND ADAM LEE TRUST FUND (where to send your donations) - 01/22/08 05:35 PM

Thanks Jodi, you're a gem.
Posted by: J. Mark

Re: THE NOAH AND ADAM LEE TRUST FUND (where to send your donations) - 01/22/08 06:22 PM

Jodi,

You might be surprised how much difference it might make to allow people to contribute via Paypal. It's one click -- people can do it on impulse, while they are moved to do so. You might consider just getting one of the group involved to allow their Paypal account to be used. They can then just have a check cut out of the Paypal account and mailed (by Paypal) to you. Paypal charges $1.50 to do this.

Thank you for your good work. My check is in the mail tommorrow.

Mark
Posted by: BB Player

Re: THE NOAH AND ADAM LEE TRUST FUND (where to send your donations) - 01/22/08 06:46 PM

My check is in the mail. I second Mark's recommendation for PayPal. Although there are a lot of people that pledged and (hopefully) will come through, making it easy to do with a couple of mouse clicks would let people take care of it quickly and easily. It might also (as Mark suggests) get a few donations on impulse.

And thanks Jodi for doing this.
Posted by: Piano*Dad

Re: THE NOAH AND ADAM LEE TRUST FUND (where to send your donations) - 01/22/08 10:18 PM

All done!

Thanks again to the organizers for putting this together with such thoroughness and speed.

I too think Mark is right about Paypal. It's a way to reduce the 'slippage' in any pledge process. And it might actually generate some unpledged drop-in business. On the other hand it might be a hassle.
Posted by: Piano World

Re: THE NOAH AND ADAM LEE TRUST FUND (where to send your donations) - 01/22/08 11:09 PM

For those who prefer to donate via PayPal, I have set up a special account just for this purpose.

See the Donate button under "What's Hot!".
I will collect the donations, and forward a check to the fund. Piano World will cover any fees.
Posted by: Horace

Re: THE NOAH AND ADAM LEE TRUST FUND (where to send your donations) - 01/22/08 11:20 PM

does the standard cut that goes to the credit card company apply for paypal donations via credit card?

Re: THE NOAH AND ADAM LEE TRUST FUND (where to send your donations) - 01/22/08 11:33 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Horace:
does the standard cut that goes to the credit card company apply for paypal donations via credit card? [/b]
Horace,

Piano World will absorb any/all fees, the full amount you donate will go to the fund.

Best,

Frank B.
Posted by: Bernard

Re: THE NOAH AND ADAM LEE TRUST FUND (where to send your donations) - 01/22/08 11:38 PM

Thanks Frank.

Re: THE NOAH AND ADAM LEE TRUST FUND (where to send your donations) - 01/22/08 11:55 PM

Just a reminder - if you do decide to donate via paypal, drop me a line to let me know so I can cross you off the pledge list!

(and thanks again, Frank - this is really helpful!)

Posted by: Kincaid

Re: THE NOAH AND ADAM LEE TRUST FUND (where to send your donations) - 01/23/08 12:14 AM

Thank you to Frank and Piano World for absorbing the PayPal fees! That was very generous. I, and I'm sure others, appreciate it very much.
Posted by: Bernard

Re: THE NOAH AND ADAM LEE TRUST FUND (where to send your donations) - 01/23/08 12:15 AM

So where do we donate to PianoWorld?

Re: THE NOAH AND ADAM LEE TRUST FUND (where to send your donations) - 01/23/08 02:24 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Bernard:
So where do we donate to PianoWorld? [/b]
See here to donate to PianoWorld.

Re: THE NOAH AND ADAM LEE TRUST FUND (where to send your donations) - 01/23/08 02:29 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Piano World:
For those who prefer to donate via PayPal, I have set up a special account just for this purpose.

See the Donate button under "What's Hot!".
I will collect the donations, and forward a check to the fund. Piano World will cover any fees. [/b]
Very generous Frank!
Posted by: OperaTenor

Re: THE NOAH AND ADAM LEE TRUST FUND (where to send your donations) - 01/23/08 03:46 AM

Thank you, Frank!
Posted by: EHpianist

Re: THE NOAH AND ADAM LEE TRUST FUND (where to send your donations) - 01/23/08 05:55 AM

That is a very kind gesture, Frank. Thank you.
Posted by: TimTheRookie

Re: THE NOAH AND ADAM LEE TRUST FUND (where to send your donations) - 01/23/08 09:25 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by jodi:
Just a reminder - if you do decide to donate via paypal, drop me a line to let me know so I can cross you off the pledge list!

\:\) Jodi [/b]
Donated via paypal. Cross me off the list please.
Posted by: mikhailoh

Re: THE NOAH AND ADAM LEE TRUST FUND (where to send your donations) - 01/23/08 10:23 AM

What a bunch of mensches we have!

Thanks, Frank!!!!
Posted by: apple*

Re: THE NOAH AND ADAM LEE TRUST FUND (where to send your donations) - 01/23/08 10:25 AM

thanks to all who have handled the logistics of this donation.

you're (all) great
Posted by: apple*

Re: THE NOAH AND ADAM LEE TRUST FUND (where to send your donations) - 01/23/08 10:25 AM

thanks to all who have handled the logistics of this donation.

you're (all) great

Re: THE NOAH AND ADAM LEE TRUST FUND (where to send your donations) - 01/23/08 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by mikhailoh:
What a bunch of mensches we have!

Thanks, Frank!!!! [/b]
Happy to do whatever we can to help mikhailoh.

TO THOSE WHE WISH TO DONATE[/b]
Please continue to let Jodi know who you are and how much you wish to contribute. She is keeping the master lists.

Also, if you prefer to use the PayPal option (see Donate in our What's Hot box, upper right of forums), PLEASE include your forums name in the field provided.

Thanks everyone, let's keep this going!
Posted by: Nunatax

Re: THE NOAH AND ADAM LEE TRUST FUND (where to send your donations) - 01/23/08 04:05 PM

You guys all rock!
And thanks for the PayPal option, Frank, I just used it!
Posted by: crusadar

Re: THE NOAH AND ADAM LEE TRUST FUND (where to send your donations) - 01/23/08 04:33 PM

Thanks for PayPal option Frank, I was puzzling which was the best way to donate from England, problem solved.
Posted by: AJB

Re: THE NOAH AND ADAM LEE TRUST FUND (where to send your donations) - 01/23/08 04:35 PM

Donation mailed before I twigged that you have paypal set up. It is a Euro cheque. Any probs PM me.
Posted by: corax

Re: THE NOAH AND ADAM LEE TRUST FUND (where to send your donations) - 01/23/08 05:49 PM

Just donated. Thanks for setting up paypal - my right hand is in a cast, so it's hard to write a check.

corax
Posted by: I. Bruton

Re: THE NOAH AND ADAM LEE TRUST FUND (where to send your donations) - 01/24/08 08:35 AM

Donation made...via paypal.

Re: THE NOAH AND ADAM LEE TRUST FUND (where to send your donations) - 01/24/08 12:23 PM

Thank you, everyone! Keep them coming!

Posted by: CTPianotech

Re: THE NOAH AND ADAM LEE TRUST FUND (where to send your donations) - 01/25/08 09:05 AM

A request from Justme:

Quote:
Let's not discuss any details about the case, any intentions of what the family may or may not do etc...

I would just like to discuss the touchy feely stuff and be able to cry to you ever so often.

I appreciate all you guys.

After everything is over I'll give you all the details. Just please don't believe all you read throughout this tragedy. there's not an ounce of evil in Nathan or Denise.

Love you all,

Peggy[/b]
Posted by: Dorrie

Re: THE NOAH AND ADAM LEE TRUST FUND (where to send your donations) - 01/25/08 09:39 AM

Donation made via paypal
Posted by: PoStTeNeBrAsLuX

Re: THE NOAH AND ADAM LEE TRUST FUND (where to send your donations) - 01/25/08 11:01 AM

Donated by Paypal, but forgot to put my forum name on the form... But I don't think there are many Michael B's in Switzerland that hang around here.
Posted by: Mike Ford

Re: THE NOAH AND ADAM LEE TRUST FUND (where to send your donations) - 01/29/08 05:13 PM

Being somebody who has lost a loved one to murder, this particularly moved me. I will be sending a check this week.
Posted by: justme

Re: THE NOAH AND ADAM LEE TRUST FUND (where to send your donations) - 01/29/08 08:28 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Mike Ford:
Being somebody who has lost a loved one to murder, this particularly moved me. I will be sending a check this week. [/b]
Oh, I'm so sorry. And thank you.

Here's some pics you may not have seen. She was such a sweetheart.

Also Nathan's latest blog entry on myspace.

Denise

Noah

Nate and Adam at the press conference

My Angel
Current mood: blessed

I cant begin to explain the thoughts that have been going through my head the last few days. Despite all the horrible thoughts and nightmares I have been having, I still cant help but smile. The reason is Denise. If you knew her I dont even need to explain myself further. However, I think writing this will help me get through this unimaginable, horrifying, senseless circumstance. I am trying to call it a circumstance because circumstances change, and I believe, as hard as it seems at this moment, that somehow God did this for a reason. Some people shut out God in situations like these. However, my faith has never been stronger. After seeing the love and kindness that was displayed on Wednesday while Denise processed through Englewood, as well as the overwhelming support from my family, friends, and complete strangers, I believe that I have realized the reason. It is ashame that we live in a world where it takes some type of tragedy like this to happen for people to come together like they have. Like my dad said at the funeral, if God needed an angel, he picked the perfect person. I wish he hadnt picked her, but that is extemely selfish of me. I loved her so much, and that is an extreme understatement. I am thanking God everyday that Denise was able to experience the things she was able to in the short time she was here. She was able to experience true love, childbirth, motherhood, and friendships that will last forever. Baby, if somehow you can read this, I miss you so much. Im so sorry that I couldnt find you and save you. Every night, when the boys are old enough, we will kneel beside there beds and talk to you. I will instill in them the love, and kindness that you portrayed every moment of every day. God couldnt have put a more beautiful angel on this earth. I know you will be with me and the boys always. I have so many beautiful memories to warm my heart for the rest of my life. I cant wait to see and hold you again and I promise when I do, I will never let go. I will thank you everyday for saving our sons lives. Rest in peace brave, beautiful angel. I will love you always.

Love,

Nathan
Posted by: Terrytunes

Re: THE NOAH AND ADAM LEE TRUST FUND (where to send your donations) - 01/29/08 10:25 PM

Peggy, thank you for sharing these beautiful pics.
Posted by: Jeff Bauer

Re: THE NOAH AND ADAM LEE TRUST FUND (where to send your donations) - 01/30/08 06:02 PM

Frank, thank you for making it so easy to donate. Jodi, thanks for all of your hard work in all of this. Peggy, thank you for posting the pictures and Nathan's blog, very moving.
Posted by: I. Bruton

Re: THE NOAH AND ADAM LEE TRUST FUND (where to send your donations) - 03/06/08 09:37 AM

Can anyone give us an update?
Posted by: justme

Re: THE NOAH AND ADAM LEE TRUST FUND (where to send your donations) - 03/09/08 04:45 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by I. Bruton:
Can anyone give us an update? [/b]
http://www.pianoworld.com/ubb/ubb/ultimatebb.php?/topic/1/21494.html