Yamaha C3X Delivered! (PHOTOS ADDED)

Posted by: Melodialworks Music

Yamaha C3X Delivered! (PHOTOS ADDED) - 09/27/12 12:04 PM

Yesterday I accepted delivery of a brand spanking new Yamaha C3X! The obligatory photos will be posted next week. (I traded the N3. What a difference!) The C3X is wonderful to play, both in tone and touch. We are going to be great friends!

The C3X was setup by Paul Gilchrist, a top notch piano tech.

I plan to do some recordings, but need to first invest in some appropriate recording gear, and for some reason my bank balance is presently low!

Lawrence

Posted by: Entheo

Re: Yamaha C3X Delivered! - 09/27/12 12:09 PM

if it's anything like the c3xa you are a very lucky man -- congrats.

Re: Yamaha C3X Delivered! - 09/27/12 12:20 PM

Actually, it's a lot better than the C3XA, in my opinion.
Posted by: Furtwangler

Re: Yamaha C3X Delivered! - 09/27/12 01:04 PM

Originally Posted By: Melodialworks Music

Now that you have it home - I know you posted on this subject before but I am curious;

In what way do you think it is better than the C3XA and...

do you get the feeling that Yamaha is kind of trying to make this particular model somewhat of a "Bosendorfer junior" - if you get my drift? The "orange" plate color - the non-spade "European style" legs, etc etc

Is the tone more like a Bosie?

I was very impressed with the C3XA and actually went back to see it again to confirm my first impressions. Which I did.

Thanks.
Posted by: joe80

Re: Yamaha C3X Delivered! - 09/28/12 04:48 AM

I haven't played the C3X, but I've tried the XA and the CFX. I don't think Yamaha are trying to sound like a junior Bosendorfer. The construction is so different it couldn't possibly sound the same, also the look is more futuristic than the Bosendorfer.

I think with both brands, Yamaha can cater for most tastes, so why not have both types of piano? makes sense to me.

Just my 2cents.
Posted by: Norbert

Re: Yamaha C3X Delivered! - 09/28/12 11:18 AM

Lawrence:

I already congratulated you already by pm before, let me do it here one more time!

May you enjoy this fine piano for long time!

Norbert smile

Re: Yamaha C3X Delivered! - 09/28/12 11:41 AM

Originally Posted By: Furtwangler

Now that you have it home - I know you posted on this subject before but I am curious;

In what way do you think it is better than the C3XA and...

do you get the feeling that Yamaha is kind of trying to make this particular model somewhat of a "Bosendorfer junior" - if you get my drift? The "orange" plate color - the non-spade "European style" legs, etc etc

Is the tone more like a Bosie?

I was very impressed with the C3XA and actually went back to see it again to confirm my first impressions. Which I did.

Thanks.

I only played one CXA, and it seemed more like a chamber instrument. It lacked power. However, this could be the way it was setup, since others have reported something different than this. It was warmer than the C3, but the difference wasn't that great, and certainly the premium price was a challenge. The C3XA was going to cost me 25% more, on my trade-in deal. The hammers on the XA are, in my opinion, too soft. I also did not like the holes in the music desk, or the "XA Class" stencilled on it. For me, the playability wasn't superb. I had to work harder to produce tone on it, than the C3 or C3X.

I like the more modern look of the C3X. It plays WAY better than the C3XA (at least for my style).

I'm not familiar enough with Bosendorfer to comment, but certainly suspect that there has been influence. Why buy all of that expertise and experience and ignore it?

I can say that the C3X I played, beside a C3 that I HAD quite liked was quite revealing. The tone on the C3X was superior, a warmer and more rounded sound, and did not thin out when played more aggressively. The action, to, superior on the C3X.

I've heard it said that dealers will have a challenge selling a C3 sitting next to a C3X. My experience supports that position.

I did not get the opportunity to play C3, C3XA and C3X together in the same room at the same time. (When the C3X arrived, the C3XA had been moved to another store).
Posted by: PianoWorksATL

Re: Yamaha C3X Delivered! - 09/28/12 12:24 PM

I'm not familiar enough with Bosendorfer to comment, but certainly suspect that there has been influence. Why buy all of that expertise and experience and ignore it?
Oooh...don't expect Yamaha's designers to take that view.

Congrats on your new instrument. I look forward to seeing those when they get here or at least at NAMM.
Posted by: j&j

Re: Yamaha C3X Delivered! - 09/28/12 12:58 PM

Congratulations on your new beautiful Yamaha piano! I can't wait to see the pictures.

There's lots of time to build your new relationsfofohip while you save up for the recording equipment!

I wish you many happy years with your new piano.
Posted by: ZoeCalgary

Re: Yamaha C3X Delivered! - 09/29/12 08:31 PM

So I'm guessing you're not spending too much time reading any more with that big beautiful piano in your house!!congratulations!! Any other impressions you want to share?
Posted by: Chopinlover49

Re: Yamaha C3X Delivered! - 09/29/12 08:44 PM

I am surprised that Yamaha has already issued another model based on the C series when they only recently brought out the XA pianos. I did not get a chance to play any of the new X series, but I liked the XA, contrary to some other posters here. Unlike the regular Yamahas, I thought it less bright, and more pleasant to the ear a well as having a solid, but very playable touch. It was quite a bit more money than the regular C series, as I remember, but seemed worth it.
Posted by: 4evrBeginR

Re: Yamaha C3X Delivered! - 09/29/12 09:14 PM

As it turned out, the XA were a prototype for the CX series. Moving forward, there will be no more C-series, nor XA; just the CX from now on.
Posted by: Piano World

Re: Yamaha C3X Delivered! - 09/29/12 10:15 PM

Congratulations Melodialworks, can't wait to see the pictures!

Re: Yamaha C3X Delivered! - 09/29/12 11:44 PM

Originally Posted By: ZoeCalgary
So I'm guessing you're not spending too much time reading any more with that big beautiful piano in your house!!congratulations!! Any other impressions you want to share?

I'm reading, a Pianoworld addict, after all. This has been an extra busy week for me with extra rehearsals, performances etc. Starting Monday I will be able to spend quality time with the new instrument. I'll share further impressions then. Suffice it to say, at this point, that I am truly enjoying the instrument, given the limited time this week.

Re: Yamaha C3X Delivered! - 09/29/12 11:54 PM

Originally Posted By: 4evrBeginR
As it turned out, the XA were a prototype for the CX series. Moving forward, there will be no more C-series, nor XA; just the CX from now on.

Actually, I don't think that's correct. My impression is that Yamaha considers all of these instruments, C, CXA, and CX as Cs. There have been others as well, such as CM.

Why do I say this?

The serial number. The C3 is large letters that are raised, a moulded part of the frame. Following that there is a space, then X, then another space, and then the digits. (When I checked the s/n for the C3XA, it was the same format.

So, my instruments is a C3, version X. (I believe the previous "standard" C3 was actually a C3M.

Re: Yamaha C3X Delivered! - 09/29/12 11:58 PM

Originally Posted By: Chopinlover49
I am surprised that Yamaha has already issued another model based on the C series when they only recently brought out the XA pianos.

The XA models are confusing. They were only available in two sizes: C3XA and C6XA, and marketed as "limited edition model".

Re: Yamaha C3X Delivered! - 09/30/12 12:18 AM

Hamamatsu, Japan - On October 12, 2012 (Friday), Yamaha Corporation will make a worldwide launch of a new series of acoustic grand pianos, the CX Series, which will replace its premium quality "C Series" pianos.

I think the news release does say the CX Series is replacing the C Series. That means no more C series, just CX series from now on; unless the CX series will be call the new C series again once the C(M) are gone, in which case, the C series will still be there. The king is dead. Long live the king. The store manager was confused too, so he called the NA distributor to confirm. Apparently, Yamaha has stopped production of the C3(M), C5(M), etc.

So he asked the question of if the C(M) aren't made, and the new C is the CX, then why even bother to keep making the S series? This is sort of the store manager's opinion of how good the new CX is. No answers from the NA distributor.

My own guess, and this is my guess completely, is that Yamaha isn't actually making any S series, just that they have lots of them in inventory, and it takes forever to sell one of those.

Posted by: ando

Re: Yamaha C3X Delivered! - 09/30/12 02:36 PM

My own guess, and this is my guess completely, is that Yamaha isn't actually making any S series, just that they have lots of them in inventory, and it takes forever to sell one of those.

I'm not surprised they can't move the S series, they must be very pricey and nobody stocks them! I've been to heaps of Yamaha dealers and never seen an S - even though they might have the CFX there. So I think it's quite likely that they are not being actively promoted anymore and that they are, as you say, surplus stock that is available on request.

Re: Yamaha C3X Delivered! - 09/30/12 02:50 PM

Actually, I don't think that's correct. My impression is that Yamaha considers all of these instruments, C, CXA, and CX as Cs. There have been others as well, such as CM.

Why do I say this?

The serial number. The C3 is large letters that are raised, a moulded part of the frame. Following that there is a space, then X, then another space, and then the digits. (When I checked the s/n for the C3XA, it was the same format.

So, my instruments is a C3, version X. (I believe the previous "standard" C3 was actually a C3M.

Here is a photo of the s/n of my C3X. Notice that the C3 is part of the frame, in fact raised up. You would think the raised large letters should read C3X . . . . .

From this I conclude that this is a C3, version X. However, the X version is certainly a major development over previous C series!

Posted by: Chopinlover49

Re: Yamaha C3X Delivered! - 09/30/12 05:03 PM

It seems a little confusing. Maybe Yamaha is still working out the concepts.
Posted by: ando

Re: Yamaha C3X Delivered! - 09/30/12 05:10 PM

Why do I say this?

Here is a photo of the s/n of my C3X. Notice that the C3 is part of the frame, in fact raised up. You would think the raised large letters should read C3X . . . . .

From this I conclude that this is a C3, version X. However, the X version is certainly a major development over previous C series!

It makes sense if they are still using the old C3 plate but the soundboard and other areas of construction are different. I think the X at the start of the serial number will become the sought-after feature.

Re: Yamaha C3X Delivered! - 09/30/12 05:32 PM

Originally Posted By: ando

It makes sense if they are still using the old C3 plate but the soundboard and other areas of construction are different.

That's a real possibility, now that I think about it. I've been saying frame, but plate is probably the correct technical term.

Originally Posted By: ando

I think the X at the start of the serial number will become the sought-after feature.

Agreed! I predict that the CX series will be a great success.

Re: Yamaha C3X Delivered! - 09/30/12 06:32 PM

I just found a photo of a C1L and it has the L in front of the serial number. I have not noticed that before. Does all the current C series says M in front of the serial number?

Re: Yamaha C3X Delivered! - 10/04/12 12:30 AM

I'm loving my new Yamaha C3X! It has a rich, warm sound, that is very clear. Plenty of resonance, more than the C3 I think. Huge bass. Every time I start playing when my wife is around, she comments about how good the tone is - and she rarely makes that type of observation.

The action is really flawless and even throughout and not tiring to play. I do get the occasional ghost note, but don't know if that's me playing too softly or the action needing adjustment. I'll ask the piano tech when he comes in one or two months to work on the piano. It takes very little effort to get volume out of it. In fact, the default is to need to hold back. The treble is gorgeous when played soft to medium, but gets a wee bit strident when played loudly. There are not really any notes resonating annoyingly except a few when you get really loud, which I typically don't do a lot of. The piano tech will be able to deal with these.

I've kept the N3 bench, swapping the standard bench that comes with the C3X. The N3 bench is actually quite a good adjustable bench - solid, silent and the bonus of some storage space. It also looks good, well matched to the modern style of the piano legs.

A friend was over this afternoon and played and took some photos. We also did a quick Zoom recording just before he left. (He has yet to send me the files). His comment was that before this Yamaha didn't make fine pianos, but now they do. That's a strong compliment coming from him, since he has not typically been a Yamaha fan.

I've experimented with the lid positions. Short stick seems to work best, although frankly full stick and even closed work as well. My friend took some photos with full stick, short stick, and also with the music rack removed. I'll upload the photos, when I receive them. He uses a high-end camera, but then needs to fiddle with the photos before releasing them. Me? I just aim my iPhone. Different strokes.

I'll also post a link to the audio file when I get it, if it's not hideous. He stood in the middle of the room and recorded from there. I doubt it will have captured anything significant.

So, no buyer remorse. It's a loud piano (at least in my room) but easily controlled. I can play softly in any register. A joy to play. My friend really liked it, and was appropriately jealous. (This was my first opportunity to hear it played by someone else in my home).

The C3X is wonderful instrument. I'm looking forward to it being even better when the piano tech voices it for the room, and my playing style.

Lawrence
Posted by: Dave Ferris

Re: Yamaha C3X Delivered! - 10/04/12 01:34 AM

Again congratulations Lawrence. I'm really happy for you man... thumb

Re: Yamaha C3X Delivered! (PHOTOS ADDED) - 10/04/12 10:10 AM

Here are the photos of my Yamaha C3X.

Posted by: Sam Rose

Re: Yamaha C3X Delivered! (PHOTOS ADDED) - 10/04/12 10:46 AM

Let me be the first to say that it looks stunning! If I ever come up to Canada I want a turn on that. Please? laugh

I hope you get many years of enjoyment from it.
Posted by: Entheo

Re: Yamaha C3X Delivered! (PHOTOS ADDED) - 10/04/12 11:02 AM

very nice. hope the fireplace isn't a problem. i can see why the piano would sound loud in that room; similar acoustics as the gent's room who purchased the C6; not much there to absorb the sound.
Posted by: pianoloverus

Re: Yamaha C3X Delivered! (PHOTOS ADDED) - 10/04/12 11:27 AM

Terrific photos. I know nothing about photography but they seem to be some of the nicest home piano photos I remember seeing at PW. Of course, it doesn't hurt that your home is quite spectacular and beautiful.

What are the dimensions of the room housing the piano and the organ? It looks almost as big as my "two bedroom" apartment in Manhattan.

Re: Yamaha C3X Delivered! (PHOTOS ADDED) - 10/04/12 12:16 PM

Originally Posted By: Entheo
very nice. hope the fireplace isn't a problem. i can see why the piano would sound loud in that room; similar acoustics as the gent's room who purchased the C6; not much there to absorb the sound.

The gas to the fireplace has been turned off. Also, the floor register by the piano has been blocked off. I close the window shutters in the morning, when the sun is on that side of the house.

Re: Yamaha C3X Delivered! (PHOTOS ADDED) - 10/04/12 12:33 PM

Originally Posted By: pianoloverus
Terrific photos. I know nothing about photography but they seem to be some of the nicest home piano photos I remember seeing at PW. Of course, it doesn't hurt that your home is quite spectacular and beautiful.

What are the dimensions of the room housing the piano and the organ? It looks almost as big as my "two bedroom" apartment in Manhattan.

Thanks! I'll pass your comments on to the photographer. Some additional photos (showing the previous piano - Yamaha N3) are here (note that the link has been corrected, so you can access the photos, without being logged into Facebook):

Organ Install

The room is 18-1/2' x 16-3/4' and the ceiling is 17' high. However, because the room opens to the kitchen, dining room, living room, and the stairs to the second floor (on the wall not shown), the room is really larger, in terms of acoustics.
Posted by: MrHazelton

Re: Yamaha C3X Delivered! (PHOTOS ADDED) - 10/04/12 12:35 PM

Beautiful piano. I love your wood floors too. They contrast nicely with the piano.
Posted by: TX-Dennis

Re: Yamaha C3X Delivered! (PHOTOS ADDED) - 10/04/12 12:57 PM

Congratulations, MM, on your beautiful new piano. Your home is very attractive. I really like the arches between rooms.
Posted by: wammerjammer

Re: Yamaha C3X Delivered! - 10/04/12 12:59 PM

Congratulations! These new X series are spectacular pianos, but of course I am biased.

Re: Yamaha C3X Delivered! (PHOTOS ADDED) - 10/04/12 01:16 PM

Originally Posted By: TX-Dennis
Congratulations, MM, on your beautiful new piano. Your home is very attractive. I really like the arches between rooms.

Thank you. Yes, the arches add a lot. We've seen models without the arches, and it makes quite a difference. We were fortunate that the original owners did a lot of upgrades. (The house is 6 years old).

Re: Yamaha C3X Delivered! - 10/04/12 01:20 PM

Originally Posted By: wammerjammer
Congratulations! These new X series are spectacular pianos, but of course I am biased.

The CX series are indeed spectacular which people will come to realize as they get more widely known. I have to smile when I realize that they haven't even been officially released yet, although will be soon. Sometimes risky to be an early adopter, but not in this case. I believe the official announcement/release date is coming up soon.
Posted by: Rickster

Re: Yamaha C3X Delivered! (PHOTOS ADDED) - 10/04/12 02:01 PM

Wow, what a magnificent piano! And, a beautiful, spacious home!

Mega congratulations!!! thumb

Rick
Posted by: clockman

Re: Yamaha C3X Delivered! (PHOTOS ADDED) - 10/04/12 04:28 PM

Nice and elegant! Hopefully none of the smoke and oil particles will drift over from the cooking...

Re: Yamaha C3X Delivered! (PHOTOS ADDED) - 10/04/12 04:30 PM

Originally Posted By: pianoloverus

Thanks! I'll pass your comments on to the photographer. Some additional photos (showing the previous piano - Yamaha N3) are here:

Organ Install

The room is 18-1/2' x 16-3/4' and the ceiling is 17' high. However, because the room opens to the kitchen, dining room, living room, and the stairs to the second floor (on the wall not shown), the room is really larger, in terms of acoustics.

Bummer, you need a facebook account to view your old N3 pic frown

Re: Yamaha C3X Delivered! (PHOTOS ADDED) - 10/04/12 05:19 PM

Originally Posted By: clockman
Nice and elegant! Hopefully none of the smoke and oil particles will drift over from the cooking...

Well, being modern . I run the kitchen exhaust fan on turbo, not that there's not all that much actual cooking going on

Re: Yamaha C3X Delivered! (PHOTOS ADDED) - 10/04/12 05:22 PM

Originally Posted By: clockman

Bummer, you need a facebook account to view your old N3 pic frown

You shouldn't. I have the photos set to "public" so you can view without being logged into Facebook. I'll check on this, perhaps I've screwed something up. (Struggling with FB, a bit, since the switch to the new format).

Re: Yamaha C3X Delivered! (PHOTOS ADDED) - 10/04/12 05:44 PM

I think I've figured this out. The following link should work, showing the great room with the "old" piano, Yamaha N3.

Organ Install

If you click on the first photo, a caption will come up, and you can then cycle through the remaining photos. (I will correct the previous link).

Re: Yamaha C3X Delivered! (PHOTOS ADDED) - 10/05/12 04:31 PM

Ahh, thanks. I see the N3. How did you like it, not comparing to your C3X, of course?
Posted by: RickG1

Re: Yamaha C3X Delivered! (PHOTOS ADDED) - 10/05/12 05:51 PM

I am impressed!! I have three pianos ( including 2 grands ) but no 3 manual organ. Wow!! Congrats on the new Yamaha! Beautiful Music Room!
Posted by: Annitenth

Re: Yamaha C3X Delivered! (PHOTOS ADDED) - 10/05/12 06:16 PM

Oh, what fun you're going to have! I gave up my little Baldwin home organ when I bought my digital piano, and I miss it. How I envy such a set up as yours! The piano looks great.

Re: Yamaha C3X Delivered! (PHOTOS ADDED) - 10/05/12 09:20 PM

Thanks to everyone for all the kind comments. I look forward to being able to share my music with you in the future, once I've figured out how to record the C3X. Recording acoustic piano is a very different matter than recording digital. If anyone can share any tips about recording acoustic, I'd be grateful.

Lawrence
Posted by: j&j

Re: Yamaha C3X Delivered! (PHOTOS ADDED) - 10/05/12 09:30 PM

Wow, very beautiful! And I'm sure it sounds even better than it looks. What organ is that sharing the room? Do you play more piano than organ?

Congrats again!

Re: Yamaha C3X Delivered! (PHOTOS ADDED) - 10/05/12 09:43 PM

Thanks, J & J.

The organ is a Rodgers 356B. If you are interested there is more information here:

Rodgers Organ

I probably spend equal time playing organ and piano. I used to do quite a bit with synths, samplers and plugins in the studio. I may get back to that at some point in the future, but right now I want to focus on acoustic piano for composing and recording. There is something so pure and honest about acoustic piano. You're not being helped (or hindered) by the music technology. It's ironic that as the music technology (digital keyboards, etc.) has gotten better, I've been less drawn to it.
Posted by: RJ10

Re: Yamaha C3X Delivered! (PHOTOS ADDED) - 10/06/12 10:35 AM

Gorgeous piano and great pics! Thanks for posting.
Posted by: ZoeCalgary

Re: Yamaha C3X Delivered! (PHOTOS ADDED) - 10/06/12 11:48 AM

Absolutely stunning! Enjoy!!
Posted by: Dave Ferris

Re: Yamaha C3X Delivered! (PHOTOS ADDED) - 10/06/12 12:31 PM

It's ironic that as the music technology (digital keyboards, etc.) has gotten better, I've been less drawn to it.

If not for work, I wouldn't own an electronic keyboard. If I never had to hit *on* again in my lifetime, I could be a very happy guy... wink
Posted by: Furtwangler

Re: Yamaha C3X Delivered! (PHOTOS ADDED) - 10/06/12 12:41 PM

Thanks to everyone for all the kind comments. I look forward to being able to share my music with you in the future, once I've figured out how to record the C3X. Recording acoustic piano is a very different matter than recording digital. If anyone can share any tips about recording acoustic, I'd be grateful.

Lawrence

Maybe watch these videos on Youtube from Soundpure Studios - there are a number of them:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c7HTqlXcZRI

Re: Yamaha C3X Delivered! (PHOTOS ADDED) - 10/06/12 12:55 PM

Thanks, Furtwangler.

I've been researching the Earthworks PM40. I'll check out the other Soundpure Studios videos, as well.
Posted by: thetandyman

Re: Yamaha C3X Delivered! (PHOTOS ADDED) - 10/07/12 12:51 AM

Nice speaker placement! I'm currently searching for a preowned Allen GW4 theater organ, but the sixteen cabinets have nowhere to go in my home. I have an 800 Sq. Ft. room. but I can't imagine a place to house all those speakers. My current Allen has four cabinets, and I think they almost clutter. Unfortunately I only have a crawlspace, but maybe I can use the attic. Also thinking about an original theater organ console with a virtual organ attached. I could use smaller speakers and a couple of Subs. Love your home!
Posted by: RichterForever

Re: Yamaha C3X Delivered! (PHOTOS ADDED) - 10/14/12 04:58 AM

What a gorgeous piano! And a house to match it!
Posted by: suniil

Re: Yamaha C3X Delivered! (PHOTOS ADDED) - 10/15/12 11:55 AM

Beautiful house, interiors and stunning piano. And nice photography too!

I've bought one of the last C3Ms from ChrisVenables, UK. Still not got a chance to take pics frown

Regarding mics, I'm also exploring the possibilities started with Earthworks PM40s. But decided against it because the limited use of it. At the moment, I'm thinking of going for DPA 4099 / 4061 Mics.

Thanks, Furtwangler.

I've been researching the Earthworks PM40. I'll check out the other Soundpure Studios videos, as well.

Re: Yamaha C3X Delivered! (PHOTOS ADDED) - 10/15/12 12:47 PM

Originally Posted By: suniil

I've bought one of the last C3Ms from ChrisVenables, UK. Still not got a chance to take pics frown

I'm looking forward to your photos!

Originally Posted By: suniil

Regarding mics, I'm also exploring the possibilities started with Earthworks PM40s. But decided against it because the limited use of it. At the moment, I'm thinking of going for DPA 4099 / 4061 Mics.

I'm arranging to get a PM40 on approval, so I can test it out. For me the big advantage is that once the optimal positioning is obtained, I can leave it unobtrusively installed in the piano. I record everything else digitally, using keyboards, synths and samplers, so no need for mics for any other application.
Posted by: Thrill Science

Re: Yamaha C3X Delivered! (PHOTOS ADDED) - 10/15/12 12:51 PM

Congratulations! And your photos were great. Everything is so clean and shiny!

Re: Yamaha C3X Delivered! (PHOTOS ADDED) - 10/15/12 01:34 PM

Originally Posted By: Thrill Science
Everything is so clean and shiny!

When I told my wife I was getting a new piano, her only concern was "is it black and shiny?" She was pleased when I said "yes"!
Posted by: Lipson

Re: Yamaha C3X Delivered! (PHOTOS ADDED) - 10/16/12 01:41 AM

Those photos blew me away. OMG, OMG. Now that is classy.

Neil
Yamaha C5
Posted by: Rich Galassini

Re: Yamaha C3X Delivered! (PHOTOS ADDED) - 10/16/12 06:56 AM

Very nice placement, MM. I noticed you have blinds on the windows that are close too. Bravo!

Also, I looked at your organ pictures and I am impressed with the installation. It looks like you have quite a se up with a very fine organ.

Enjoy! Thanks for sharing.
Posted by: EssBrace

Re: Yamaha C3X Delivered! (PHOTOS ADDED) - 10/16/12 03:12 PM

Originally Posted By: Rich Galassini
I looked at your organ pictures and I am impressed...It looks like you have...a very fine organ.

Cheeky!

Re: Yamaha C3X Delivered! (PHOTOS ADDED) - 10/16/12 03:23 PM

Very nice placement, MM. I noticed you have blinds on the windows that are close too. Bravo!

Yes, I close them during the morning when the sun is on that side of the house.

Also, I looked at your organ pictures and I am impressed with the installation. It looks like you have quite a se up with a very fine organ.

Thanks. The room works well for both instruments. However, really the room extends into other parts of the house. My wife is very cooperative and either likes to hear me play, or doesn't actually hear me, since she is a very sound sleeper.