Piano World Home Page
Posted By: thetandyman Are respected members getting testy? - 11/28/12 12:40 AM
I am a relatively new member, and maybe it's the holiday season, however there seems to be a few short tempers recently. I hope we can all share ideas and respectfully interact. I really enjoy the fellowship and information available here.
Best to ALL, thetandyman.
Posted By: Norbert Re: Are respected members getting testy? - 11/28/12 01:01 AM
there seems to be a few short tempers recently

Oh really?

I am a relatively new member

Ah, that's why.... grin

WELCOME Buddy!

Norbert thumb
Posted By: thetandyman Re: Are respected members getting testy? - 11/28/12 01:11 AM
heck, Norbert, I've been here since last March, but I truly like this site. I'm not interested in the number of posts I achieve, but I want to check it out every night after I return from work. I am still learning. AND I enjoy all sorts of piano music, pianos, stories, and advice.
Best to you as well!
Posted By: thetandyman Re: Are respected members getting testy? - 11/28/12 01:20 AM
BTW, Norbert, I think Vancouver is paradise. I have spent some time there during travels. I have been in the auto business for many years, and have handled fine autos like Rolls, Bentley, etc. I have never been anywhere in the world, including Great Britain, where I have seen more top ledge cars. Vancouver is like New York, but without the riff-raff. Finest shopping, sights, and restaurants. Not to mention movie filming sites.
Originally Posted by thetandyman
BTW, Norbert, I think Vancouver is paradise... Vancouver is like New York, but without the riff-raff.

Easy there tandyman. Eaaasy! wink
Posted By: Piano*Dad Re: Are respected members getting testy? - 11/28/12 02:29 AM
Who is getting testy? What did I miss???

[Linked Image]
Posted By: thetandyman Re: Are respected members getting testy? - 11/28/12 03:11 AM
OK, Nevermind, I was doing LSD again! As they say, fougeddaboutit!
Actually, the riff-raff is the part of NYC that I enjoy. whome
Posted By: thetandyman Re: Are respected members getting testy? - 11/28/12 03:42 AM
I'm sorry to have offended anyone on this great website, but I have asked Frank to remove me permantly. I wish all my friends and posters the best.
Thanks all, thetandyman, and sorry if I ruffled any feathers.
Posted By: ando Re: Are respected members getting testy? - 11/28/12 03:46 AM
I'm sorry to have offended anyone on this great website, but I have asked Frank to remove me permantly. I wish all my friends and posters the best.

That's a little over the top, isn't it?

Just relax and take it easy. Have a break from PW for a while if you need to. But don't burn your bridges.
Posted By: Rickster Re: Are respected members getting testy? - 11/28/12 03:50 AM

I certainly hope you are kidding... are you serious?

Rick
Posted By: thetandyman Re: Are respected members getting testy? - 11/28/12 03:54 AM
Sorry all, it's time
Posted By: Dara Re: Are respected members getting testy? - 11/28/12 04:00 AM
smile C'mon now tandyman, can't see as how you've offended anyone in this thread.
Seems rather dramatic to just up and say you're leaving permanently.
Posted By: ando Re: Are respected members getting testy? - 11/28/12 04:02 AM
Sorry all, it's time

You could have just stopped coming for a while and seen how you feel in a few months. Saying you're leaving and asking to have all trace of yourself deleted is just overkill. Relax mate! There's no big deal in this thread.
Posted By: thetandyman Re: Are respected members getting testy? - 11/28/12 04:09 AM
Hey, all my friends on PW, sorry to depart, but I just realized that I hate pianos, but suddenly love making macrame wall hung owls. Who doesn't love them.
I have felt that I was making statements that were questioned with animosity, or rebuffed in an unfriendly way. I wish you all the best!
Posted By: Dara Re: Are respected members getting testy? - 11/28/12 04:22 AM
I just realized that I hate pianos, but suddenly love making macrame wall hung owls.

OK, Nevermind, I was doing LSD again!

Well, perhaps you aren't joking.
I've just noted some healthy agreement and disagreement. Good to hear other people's opinions etc on piano related topics. And because there is variability between models and even within a model of piano, we will all see it differently. And we're all probably looking for something different in a piano.

Wouldn't it be boring if we all owned Fazioli 308 pianos.

And even worse if we all had macrame wall hung owls.
Posted By: Supply Re: Are respected members getting testy? - 11/28/12 04:40 AM
I heard people are all warm and fuzzy over at the Angora Rabbit Wool Knitters Forum....
Posted By: AJF Re: Are respected members getting testy? - 11/28/12 06:53 AM
Originally Posted by Supply
I heard people are all warm and fuzzy over at the Angora Rabbit Wool Knitters Forum....

LOL
Posted By: UK Paul UK Re: Are respected members getting testy? - 11/28/12 07:16 AM
Stop being a dramaqueen tandyman and go find a hug.... :-) i am pretty sure your joking anyways....
Posted By: Rickster Re: Are respected members getting testy? - 11/28/12 12:43 PM
I wish you the best thetandyman.

I’ve enjoyed your participation and contributions here.

The human psyche is a strange and mysterious thing… sometimes we get up on the wrong side of the bed and our disposition and attitude is bent and altered from the norm. Sometimes we are just in a foul mood or don't feel well and seek any opportunity to lash out or snark at someone. Sometimes we may get mean and hateful all of sudden for no good reason. I try to avoid all those situations; but, inevitably, even a mild mannered, gentle spirited person like me can become sarcastic and rude at times. smile

Typically, the trouble makers here don’t leave on their own accord… Hey, even if you have offended anyone here, you’ve apologized.

If you decide to stay, great… if you decide to depart forever, best wishes.

Rick
Originally Posted by Rich Galassini
BTW, Norbert, I think Vancouver is paradise... Vancouver is like New York, but without the riff-raff.

I hope you did not take offense to my post, tandyman. I was being silly. Imagine it being said with a Brooklyn accent.
Posted By: Piano*Dad Re: Are respected members getting testy? - 11/28/12 01:25 PM
Originally Posted by Supply

Have you seen what they DO to those rabbits?
Where's my hasenpfeffer?
Posted By: Norbert Re: Are respected members getting testy? - 11/28/12 05:26 PM
I hope you did not take offense to my post, tandyman. I was being silly. Imagine it being said with a Brooklyn accent.

Never mind the Brooklyn accent.

It's the Berliner accent that can get things really going...

Norbert wow ha
I have to say that I find PW to be one of the most friendly and helpful sites I have ever participated in. I am a huge baseball fan and signed up for one of the discussion sites because I like to talk about baseball and my wife is not a fan. However, every time I wrote anything at all, someone would reply with insulting comments. It was like everyone hated everyone else and wanted to beat them somehow. I don't understand it at all. You could say, I think Derek Jeter will have another good season next year after his ankle heals, and five people would write that I am a moron, or something worse. I quit participating. Piano World is not like that at all. Sure, sometimes there are disagreements, and even a little heat once in a while, but overall it is very cordial and professional. Yay PW!
Posted By: Mark... Re: Are respected members getting testy? - 11/29/12 01:49 AM
Originally Posted by Chopinlover49
I have to say that I find PW to be one of the most friendly and helpful sites I have ever participated in. I am a huge baseball fan and signed up for one of the discussion sites because I like to talk about baseball and my wife is not a fan. However, every time I wrote anything at all, someone would reply with insulting comments. It was like everyone hated everyone else and wanted to beat them somehow. I don't understand it at all. You could say, I think Derek Jeter will have another good season next year after his ankle heals, and five people would write that I am a moron, or something worse. I quit participating. Piano World is not like that at all. Sure, sometimes there are disagreements, and even a little heat once in a while, but overall it is very cordial and professional. Yay PW!

Chopin sucks...
Chopin really sucks when he experiences an evening of errors.
Posted By: Derulux Re: Are respected members getting testy? - 11/29/12 02:29 AM

My family is from Brooklyn. I take offense at the incorrect spelling of "fuggedabowdit." It's clearly posted on the sign in and out of Brooklyn. Webster should incorporate it in his next book. He's a little behind.. I've made him an offer he can't refuse, but he's been slow to accept.

Anyway, if that is why tandyman left, then I understand. If it was over the LSD, then I am completely in the dark.

Cheers and happy drinking.. laugh
Posted By: Plowboy Re: Are respected members getting testy? - 11/29/12 03:49 AM
macrame wall hung owls.

fuggedabowdit! I've been a member at Macrame Wall Hung Owls World, and let me tell you, that is one vicious group of people. That forum is full of hate.
Posted By: Jeff Clef Re: Are respected members getting testy? - 11/29/12 01:34 PM
"Are respected members getting testy?"

Well, I know I am. It's so hard to be nice, when you're not, and I have never been one to suffer fools gladly. We'll mention no names; I prefer to sell them retail.

As the saying goes, "More tears have been shed over answered prayers than unanswered ones." Besides, it does not seem to do them any good.

Setting all that aside, Happy Birthday to piano great, Billy Strayhorn, born on this date in 1915. You may remember him from Manhattan Transfer's cover of his classic jazz song, "Lush Life."
All right, guys! I quit! LOL.
However nasty the people here seem, you can take comfort in knowing that the people at Piano World seem saintly when compared to the folks on an Organ Forum that I follow!
Posted By: Derulux Re: Are respected members getting testy? - 11/29/12 06:29 PM
Originally Posted by Thrill Science
However nasty the people here seem, you can take comfort in knowing that the people at Piano World seem saintly when compared to the folks on an Organ Forum that I follow!

Safe for work? cool
Posted By: allthumbs Re: Are respected members getting testy? - 12/05/12 08:46 PM
If you want a real argument and people getting testy, try here. grin

http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/be...nty-python-from-greatest-comedy-sketches
© Piano World Piano & Digital Piano Forums