Trying to buy a piano

Posted by: jwg

Trying to buy a piano - 12/05/12 09:56 PM

My 10 year old daughter is taking piano lessons. I am trying to get her a baby grand piano. I saw a used J Strauss and Son Baby Grand. Is this brand a decent one ? does it have a resell value? what would be a fair price to pay for it?
Posted by: Mark...

Re: Trying to buy a piano - 12/05/12 10:55 PM

Without more information it is impossible to even guess an answer to your question...even from the experts here, which I am not...

Re: Trying to buy a piano - 12/05/12 11:13 PM

The piano looks new but it is an used 2004 baby grand piano brand name J Strauss & Son. Thats all what I know and asking price is above 3k. Is that a fair price for this piano? Could I get a better piano for that budget 3K?
Thanks for your reply
Posted by: ashley john

Re: Trying to buy a piano - 12/05/12 11:36 PM

Originally Posted By: jwg
My 10 year old daughter is taking piano lessons. I am trying to get her a baby grand piano. I saw a used J Strauss and Son Baby Grand. Is this brand a decent one ? does it have a resell value? what would be a fair price to pay for it?

I would suggest you to check out the local pawn stores in your area. J Strauss is usually available there at really low price as compared to other stores. The price can vary from one store to other.

Re: Trying to buy a piano - 12/06/12 07:39 PM

a used 4.8' baby grand brand George Steck in good condition. needs tuning state de seller. What would be a good offer for this type of piano? Is George Steck a reputable brand? Seller is asking for a reasonable offer,but I have no clue how much I should offer for it.
Posted by: BDB

Re: Trying to buy a piano - 12/06/12 08:40 PM

A George Steck could be a new piano made in Asia, or an old piano made in the US or Germany. More information is needed.

Re: Trying to buy a piano - 12/06/12 09:17 PM

Thanks for your reply. Its not new, its old and has those fancy legs Not sure where or when exactly was made. I am going to see it in person this weekend but how do I go in making and offer. What will be the value?

Re: Trying to buy a piano - 12/06/12 09:33 PM

If you were going to buy a Chevrolet sedan this weekend and wanted to know the value, nobody could tell you that without more information, either.

Re: Trying to buy a piano - 12/06/12 09:49 PM

I will have no problem puting a price on a Chevi sedan.....pianos is a different story for me.

Re: Trying to buy a piano - 12/06/12 09:50 PM

Okay, how much is a Chevy sedan worth?