"Solo Piano, NYC": film on abandoned piano on NYC sidewalk

Posted by: bessel

"Solo Piano, NYC": film on abandoned piano on NYC sidewalk - 12/12/12 03:11 PM

Interesting short film on the New York Times site, about an abandoned piano on the sidewalk:

NYT film - "Solo Piano, NYC"
Posted by: Rickster

Re: "Solo Piano, NYC": film on abandoned piano on NYC sidewalk - 12/12/12 03:26 PM

Very interesting video...

Just goes to show that even an old warn-out clunker can bring joy to the lives of some individuals and put a smile on their faces; at least for a while.

Rick
Posted by: PaintedPostDave

Re: "Solo Piano, NYC": film on abandoned piano on NYC sidewalk - 12/12/12 03:47 PM

Enjoyed it! Thanks.
Posted by: Amy B

Re: "Solo Piano, NYC": film on abandoned piano on NYC sidewalk - 12/12/12 03:53 PM

You beat me to it....was going to post this shortly. Really simple video/slide show, but amazing the feelings it evokes!
Posted by: Dave B

Re: "Solo Piano, NYC": film on abandoned piano on NYC sidewalk - 12/12/12 09:06 PM

Interesting that the Christmas trees outlasted the piano.
Posted by: Annitenth

Re: "Solo Piano, NYC": film on abandoned piano on NYC sidewalk - 12/13/12 12:37 PM

So sad.
Posted by: Scott D

Re: "Solo Piano, NYC": film on abandoned piano on NYC sidewalk - 12/13/12 11:50 PM

That was a powerful little documentary. Thanks for the link.
Posted by: Stryder87

Re: "Solo Piano, NYC": film on abandoned piano on NYC sidewalk - 12/15/12 02:57 PM

That was amazing. It brought a tear to my eye at the end when the man and woman come back with carts to try to take the piano home and save it from it's fate, to give it another chance at life and some love. Pianos are amazing. They captivate people like no other instrument I can think of. They really are a magical box of sound.
Posted by: Ralph

Re: "Solo Piano, NYC": film on abandoned piano on NYC sidewalk - 12/15/12 03:29 PM

Love this "movie".