K15 vs K2

Posted by: TheCanadian

K15 vs K2 - 01/27/13 06:50 PM

Hi everyone

Yesterday I posted a thread between kawai k2 vs k3. I'm going to decide on a piano tomorrow. I was looking at the k15 as well and remember I liked it. I'm only a beginner. Would it be a mistake going with the k15 console piano? I really was attracted to the price as well. Would a console piano prevent me from developing skills down the road? Thanks everyone.
Posted by: KawaiDon

Re: K15 vs K2 - 01/27/13 10:23 PM

A good quality piano certainly will not hold you back, but the general rule with all piano lovers is bigger pianos really are better! the K-15 is a lower cost option, but would serve pretty much the same as the K-2, it's more a matter of which style cabinet you prefer.

But the K-3 is a much nicer choice, with better bass tone especially.

Then again, a 7-foot grand would be awesome! :-) You need to choose what works for you.
Posted by: TheCanadian

Re: K15 vs K2 - 01/28/13 12:04 AM

Thanks Don for your reply. Is the millennium function found in the K2 that much different than the Ultra-Responsive Direct Blow Action found in the k15? The k15 right now really fits my budget just want to make sure I make the right choice. Thakns
Posted by: Steven Y. A.

Re: K15 vs K2 - 01/28/13 09:47 AM

you may also look into pre owned Yamaha U1 and Kawai K3
Posted by: Plowboy

Re: K15 vs K2 - 01/28/13 10:18 AM

Having owned a K-2 and taken lessons for several years on a K-15, I'd say, if you can, get the K-2. It's a very nice action.
Posted by: KawaiDon

Re: K15 vs K2 - 01/29/13 11:10 PM

Originally Posted By: TheCanadian
Thanks Don for your reply. Is the millennium function found in the K2 that much different than the Ultra-Responsive Direct Blow Action found in the k15?

Yes, most people feel that the M-III action is a worthwhile upgrade. But the standard action will not hold anyone back - it will just feel a little heavier perhaps, and not quite as fast at the highest repetition rates - not a big problem for most!